(Topic ID: 14521)

Does anyone here buy pins 'retail'

By tonymiddendorf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c1sCa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 12 years ago

We're a retailer (actually, an operator that sells pins, but that's being picky), and our prices aren't anywhere near that stupid. Maybe if you want to buy a recent Stern, because those are machines that can still go out on the route, but 3.5k for WCS? Geeze. Ours are 2.2k, and you can probably talk my sales guy down to 2. Less if you're local. Then again, I've heard that the guy across town who only does pins sells stuff way over inflated. I guess the lesson is shop around, and buy from operators?

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I like the idea of having a pin come with a warranty. I REALLY like the idea of getting a pin that is "plug and play", shopped, clean, awesome. And I was ready to buy retail.. TODAY.. but... I called on Monday, to see if they carried the pin. "$1795" was the price.
    Tuesday: I was ready to buy, cash in hand for a pin. I called to make sure the pin was still there. The price went up 200$.. in ONE day. Thats more than 10% increase. Anyways, I still went to look at it hoping the smell of brand new $100s would lighten the mood... and was met with outright defiance. I took out the crisp $100 bills and showed him I was ready to buy... 1995 was the final price "dont matter if you pay cash or credit". Etc. Well, I only had 1800 so it was no deal. I figured the initial price was what he was willing to take. But he would not budge from the 1995 asking price.
    I get having to pay over head, taxes, blah blah blah.. I ran a business for the better part of my earlier years. But why $200 in 1 day? Did he suddenly do $200 worth of work on it? NO. When I saw it today, STILL in shrink, Dust on Shrink, sitting on the ground in his storage room. I guess he jacked up the price because he thought it was 2 different people calling (ie increased demand) or maybe it was the same guy calling twice (ie desperation).. either way I call it sh*tty.
    -j

I feel really bad when this happens, but sometimes situations do change. My boss told me we could sell our nice TAF for 4k about 3 months ago. I told someone 4k about a month ago, and now my boss says it's going up in value, so make it 4295. Needless to say, the guy I talked to a month ago is pretty mad about the increase. Sometimes it's just the mood of the owner that makes a 500 dollar difference. Is it fair? No, but I have no control over it....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-here-buy-pins-retail?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.