(Topic ID: 266084)

Does anyone have bowling pins/ collection on display?

By EJS

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9232BB05-D3E8-445E-8987-7516D124483B (resized).jpeg
    E6D3E326-8A80-4B7B-921A-66364ADAAAB1 (resized).jpeg
    0824D7C5-C4B4-4D5D-8DDB-15B2943AD75E (resized).jpeg
    DFDCF030-AD5C-4545-ABAD-C07D3EAACFA4 (resized).jpeg
    67280975-A64C-4406-B373-8A7F70EE77EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been collecting bowling pins since I was a little kid and have about 6 cases worth. Most all are unique. In other words, I don't have 10 of the same used beat up discards that a police department would use for target practice. I have thinned out the collection over the years.

What I am looking to do is figure out an appropriate way to showcase a number of them in the game room. I've thought about wall mount shelving but found weight being an issue. Ikea has some shelving designed for dishes/artwork but weight limits are easily exceeded with the pins. I don't want to commit wall space just yet since I'm still trying to find the sweet spot to set up all my pinballs with proper power distribution.

Another option would be a custom/shallow bookshelf which would be floor based, less of a concern for weight.

Lastly, the easiest way would be to line them up on 2x4 or something similar along the floor. The downside to that is they are much lower and I don't really have a practical place to do that (pinball machines get in the way haha). I'm not worried about tip over; I plan to use dowels in the void in the bottoms.

I've seen some pictures online (mainly from web sites around "bowling addict") but wanted to check in with fellow pinsiders and see if anyone has something going on. Maybe I missed a thread that captured some pins?

Obviously searching this subject on Pinside yields mostly a Bowling Queen machine or ball bowlers and searching "pin collection".....forget it!

Cheers!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from kms_pinball:

It would be cool to cut them in half and mount them in some kind of custom wall shadow box. That would be a great way to really be able to see them and it would cut the weight in half but then u don't have a whole bowling pin anymore...

Yeah, there are pros and cons about doing that. There are a few that I have duplicates of that don't have any collector value (I assume) so I could cut those in half and do a pattern of some sort. Then there are others I have that you could call NIB and unique that I wouldn't want to cut in half.

The good news on that front is I still have a perfect saw (to cut these with) I borrowed from a coworker and the blade has a high tooth count so they'd have good edges.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-bowling-pins-collection-on-display-?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.