(Topic ID: 201738)

Does anyone have any boy baby clothes they need to get rid of

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

29FFBDC1-3200-4369-8F4F-65A3C434ACC6 (resized).jpeg
    0E46EAA9-7262-4BC6-AEE3-83FD558490BC (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

A friend and a customer basically had a infant and a toddler dropped in her lap. Her cousin had two boys and is a unemployed drug addict. She was arrested and this woman is her only relative that is willing to take the kids, otherwise they will be split up and put into foster care. This woman is divorced with a child and the father gives nothing so she was already in a bind. She was making it because she is a go getter but now she is applying for welfare and food stamps and anything else she can get till the state starts giving her money to take care of the kids. She needs 9-12 month and 2T boy clothes along with books and toys. I will be giving her a free car payment so she can buy Christmas.

0E46EAA9-7262-4BC6-AEE3-83FD558490BC (resized).jpeg0E46EAA9-7262-4BC6-AEE3-83FD558490BC (resized).jpeg

29FFBDC1-3200-4369-8F4F-65A3C434ACC6 (resized).jpeg29FFBDC1-3200-4369-8F4F-65A3C434ACC6 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Very cute kids - will talk to the lady of the house; we may have some..

#3 6 years ago

That would be awesome. I’m sure she will appreciate anything.

My addy is:
    James Lewis
    11654 Homestead rd
    Houston TX 77016.

#4 6 years ago

Every community has a regional kids clothing group on Facebook. You or someone with a fb should join/post to this Humble Texas kids resale fb group. It looks like they have Free Fridays where people post stuff they're wanting to give away. From my experience people are eager to get rid of their kids' hand-me-downs but would rather give them to someone they know could use them.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/801875186571452

Hope everything works out for them.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks. I honestly don’t know how she is doing it. She doesn’t see it as a choice.

#6 6 years ago

bump for a good cause

#7 6 years ago

Hi James,

I'm out of town, but before I left we were cleaning out my sons stuff.
    I don't know if its all donated yet, but when I return, I'll check.
    If not do you have a PayPal for donation's?

#8 6 years ago

Oldpinguy, sorry I don't know your real name. Thanks in advance for anything you can send. She will need it. As far as a PayPal account goes I don't have one because of a billing dispute.

#9 6 years ago

I'll check with the Mrs to see what we have.

#10 6 years ago

We have 5 kids and we save/keep everything.

I will send you boxes!

-Anthony

#11 6 years ago

I'm in. I don't have any 2T left, but we are just now starting to clear out 3T. I can pull and ship them off.

Aaron

#12 6 years ago

How old is her child? Boy or girl?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

How old is her child? Boy or girl?

The two little babies in the pics are the ones that got dropped on her. Two boys, 12 months and 2T. Im sure older would be great as the little suckers grow fast. Thanks guys. Here is my address again.

James Lewis
    11654 Homestead rd
    Houston TX 77016.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The two little babies in the pics are the ones that got dropped on her. Two boys, 12 months and 2T. Im sure older would be great as the little suckers grow fast. Thanks guys. Here is my address again.
    James Lewis
    11654 Homestead rd
    Houston TX 77016.

And she has a child herself correct? Is that a boy or a girl, and how old? I have boys and girls so we have all kinds of stuff but if there is no girl in the house I won't send anything for girls.

Let me know.

-Anthony

#15 6 years ago

Yes She has a boy herself that is 5.

#16 6 years ago

Thanks, no girl stuff then.

#17 6 years ago

Setup a gofundme account for her. We can all put in at least $20.00. Adds up quick if you get the word out on pinside.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from PiperPinball:

Setup a gofundme account for her. We can all put in at least $20.00. Adds up quick if you get the word out on pinside.

I’ll work on that.

Oh I made a mistake. Her son is 11.

#19 6 years ago

James, we have a year and a half old boy. We have some clothes and size 4 diapers we can forward your way. My wife will get a box together tomorrow and I can mail it Monday.

Ryan

#20 6 years ago

Wow, you guys are great. Thank you for her sake. She set up a Gofund me account. It is under Reasoner boys fund and her name is Kayla Martinez. I had her set it up because the money will go directly to her.

#21 6 years ago

Ok, do you have a link? I went to the gofundme website and I can’t find Reasoner boys or the lady’s name. That site doesn’t seem too intuitive for giving money to a specific person’s cause. Although it could just be me.

#22 6 years ago

Try this. It should take you to it. There is a pic of a little boy in a red shirt and the first donation is 20 dollar donation from me, James Lewis

http://Gofundme.com/reasoner-boys-fund

#23 6 years ago

Bump for a good cause!

#25 6 years ago

Wish I had kid stuff to donate since I live in the area. I just donated a bunch of kid stuff last summer clearing out the house. Thanks for helping her out, zr11990. I think it is great she is stepping up and helping these poor kids. I can't imagine growing up bouncing around foster homes and being separated from family and siblings. I'm a single dad and know how tough it can be but you got to do right by the kids. I kicked in some money in the gofundme. Hope it helps and more do so as well.

#26 6 years ago

Thank you all.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I can't imagine growing up bouncing around foster homes and being separated from family and siblings.

Can't imagine it either.
    Donated!

#28 6 years ago

Dropped off a box at Fedex today. You should have it in 2-3 days.

Aaron

#29 6 years ago

Just donated. It's awesome what she's doing!

#30 6 years ago

Kayla asked me to thank all you you for her. She is at work and can’t log onto Pinside. She wanted me to post her email just in case anyone wanted to talk to her personally. [email protected]

#31 6 years ago

It’s good of you to help her out like this and it’s beyond good of her to take in those children.

#32 6 years ago

All you guys know I can be a giant asshole sometimes but I have a soft spot for children and women in distress and animals. I just hate the idea of those two kids being separated and going into the foster system. They wouldn’t have a chance. I know if I had stayed angry at my daughter for getting involved with that turd and getting pregnant she would be in the same boat and the thought makes me sick. You guys are the good guys helping someone you don’t know because someone who is often a jerk asked you to.

#33 6 years ago

Box in the mail. They said 5 business days. Should all be good for the youngest. Our boy is in 2T now so it's some items he just finished with.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Box in the mail. They said 5 business days. Should all be good for the youngest. Our boy is in 2T now so it's some items he just finished with.

Thank you

#35 6 years ago

Ok I just donated and here’s a bump for a good cause. God bless this woman and these children.

John

#36 6 years ago

Thank you for donating. She told me yesterday that the parents of the kids told her she was being greedy and taking advantage by starting the Gofundme account. She told them that no one else in the family had volunteered to help out so she had to do what she had to do. So thank you from me for her.

#37 6 years ago

The parents, you mean the unemployed drug addicts? F#@k them. And she’s welcome.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

the parents of the kids told her she was being greedy and taking advantage by starting the Gofundme account.

That takes balls. They probably are kicking themselves for not thinking of it first (take the money and run)

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

I got your box yesterday. She will pick it up tomorrow. Those babies will look good. Thanks again.

#41 6 years ago

Donated. My father bailed on his 5 kids when I was 14. Being the oldest I had to take over while my mother went to work. It's a tough situation and I wish her the strength to continue.

1 week later
    #42 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

I received your box Friday. Thank you again. She hasn't picked anything up yet because the baby has had a respitory virus from the daycare.

#43 6 years ago

Just a bump because it looks like the gofundme campaign has stalled. Maybe putting this at the top will jump start the donations again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-any-boy-baby-clothes-they-need-to-get-rid-of and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.