(Topic ID: 298799)

Does anyone have a Williams logo stencil for speaker grill?

By cosmokramer

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210831_104234 (resized).jpg
20210817_065336 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I need to repaint my speaker grills for my Funhouse restoration. Does anybody have a stencil to repaint the W and circle?
Thanks

20210817_065336 (resized).jpg20210817_065336 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

How about you print a logo and cut it out and spray? Or 3d print a stencil

#3 2 years ago

If you post a scan, I'll produce a .svg for you.

Send it to https://www.ponoko.com or similar and get a stencil cut in 1/8" .mdf.

For application, you may have to use double-sided tape to hold down the inner part of the stencil otherwise the force of spraying the paint can blow it off -- disaster!

Alternatively you can use paint mask cut with a vinyl cutter.

Since this is pretty small, it is also a good candidate to get a screen burned and screen print it, like it was done originally. Lots of online services will do that for you.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

you post a scan

Here in lies the problem, I dont have the equipment or the know how to do this. I have a friend who live close by who usually takes care of stuff like this for me but lately he has been too busy for me
If someone has a scan (or can scan one for me) and send it to me I can get the vinyl cut.
Thanks

#5 2 years ago

Someone stepped up to help me, thanks to those who responded.

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

Thanks George...

20210831_104234 (resized).jpg20210831_104234 (resized).jpg
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thanks George...[quoted image]

Wow, that is a great friend. I would love to get a set.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-a-williams-logo-stencil-for-speaker-grill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.