(Topic ID: 147159)

Does anyone have a proper Pinbot flash lamp layout?

By ryandimx

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).JPG
tmp_18692-Screenshot_2015-12-20-08-14-151181554655.png
pinbot-solenoid-table.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Does anyone have a proper flasher lamp layout as to which are 89's and which are 1251's? The manual doesn't have locations indicated on the diagram. From what I have found it uses 15 89's and 10 1251's (not including the topper).
Handfull are blown on mine and I'm gonna guess the previous owner didn't know which bulbs were proper to go where.
Thanks

#2 8 years ago

This information is in the manual solenoid table, in the last column.

pinbot-solenoid-table.jpgpinbot-solenoid-table.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Another sent a link with this picture. The combo of both is pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks guys

tmp_18692-Screenshot_2015-12-20-08-14-151181554655.pngtmp_18692-Screenshot_2015-12-20-08-14-151181554655.png

#4 8 years ago

ASCII diagrams

#5 8 years ago

Excellent (thank you very much) !!

Last week I (also) made some search for THAT )

ASCII...

2 months later
#6 8 years ago

Hey Guys - sorry to open this thread back up, but I am puzzled by a label on my play field. According to the previous posts (thanks for posting the layout and chart), #5 on the left side of the Sun should be an 89 flash lamp, however when tearing down my play field I found a label on mine showing this should be a #1251 (see pic).

Do I have a misplaced label or am I reading the chart wrong?

Thanks

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

Follow-up

After further review I have come to the conclusion this label on my play field is wrong and I'm thinking this should truly be an 89 flasher. I looked at all the bulbs I pulled from the play field and found that the flasher originally in this location was actually a GE 97 (which I cross referenced as a 13v automotive bulb!) Obviously replaced at some point in time (not by me). I also had 8 bulbs that were 1251's which match up perfectly with the chart posted above.

Hope this helps anyone else in the future that might have this same label on their play field.

#8 8 years ago

Use 89 flashers throughout on pinbot.

I stockpiled a mass of like 200 #89 bulbs from a closing auto parts store for $10, since LED ones are still too pricey for me and they hardly ever fail anyway because they aren't permanently on like GI. Only place I have ever used LED flashers are in PITA to get to areas on games. I hate having to remove the warming resistors to get them to work right though.

All these pinball bulbs we use are essentially automotive bulbs that were adapted for use in pins. GE and others certainly didn't custom design mini bulbs just for pinball. Even the audio section in SS pinball machines is based on car audio ICs and designs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-a-proper-pinbot-flash-lamp-layout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.