(Topic ID: 46)

Does anyone have a pinball machine in the living room?

By dglover4569

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487378_440962595927050_113750516_n.jpg
    303875_1934267524967_2369696_n.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    20130614_095104.jpg
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    image.jpg
    MM-PF-01.JPG
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    100_0021.JPG
    Penny_Arcade_3.JPG
    735175_4788929053313_2044444904_n.jpg
    164267_10200334610960072_1925341728_n..jpg
    SF01.jpg
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 15 years ago

Just curious... Does anyone keep games in the living room? The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think I have the guts!!! Has anyone ever pulled it off?

#2 15 years ago

I have my games downstairs in a 'gameroom' that I built. I have been to houses where the games are in the living room right when you walk in the house. Along with a pool-table and such. I guess to hold back on moving stuff up and down stairs it is ok, but I don't think I would have a games room in the living room, or in the room right when you walk in the house. It just doesn't look right to me anyways.
    You HAVE to have a little bar and fridge as well, maybe some chairs, and that really doesn't work in the living room I don't think!

#3 15 years ago

Yeah, I guess it also depends on the size of the room. I'll bet that guy was single. I don't know too many wives who will give up their living room for games. Most married guys are limited to basement space right next to the kitty box!

2 weeks later
    #4 15 years ago

I have six pins in my living room. I am obviously not married......If I was I wouldn't be able to afford six machines.

#5 15 years ago

Unless your wife works and loves pinball!

#6 15 years ago

I also have 6 pinball machines in the living room, that is, there is an extra space of 3x8 meters besides the living of 10x6. My husband don't mind by the way... He is the technician if necessary

#8 15 years ago

Pinballs are best kept in a nice game room. Get a few pins, 1 old school arcade, pool table and a dart board!! Thats the way to rock. Also the small mini bar is not a bad idea. If your single, who cares. Put a pin in the kitchen if you like. Whats better then pinball and Pancakes.

#9 15 years ago

LOL!!! YES!! I am in for a pinball in the kitchen. Where else can you shake up some bacon and eggs and win a MILLION!

#10 15 years ago

I will not put my Pinball in the living room, they might get sun light, and that is not good for the color on the print.

1 week later
    #11 14 years ago

I have 6 pins and a multicade in what would be my dining room. Its crowded but who cares. My wife said NO MORE PINBALLS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I dont have room anyway.

2 years later
    #12 12 years ago

Depends on how they are positioned, the space they occupy, etc. I have pins all over my house since I have no dedicated game room. Even if I had a game room I would spread them into sections since I am not a big fan of the arcade look. But I totally respect people who like that look, its just not for me. Certian pins look better in different sections of the house. I think they are Art and should be displayed as. Newer sterns I do not consider Art but I would any new JPOP or WOZ machine.

8.JPG8.JPG 7.JPG7.JPG 6.JPG6.JPG 5.JPG5.JPG 4.JPG4.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG

#13 12 years ago

TZ is actually in my kitchen. WH20 is the first thing you see when you walk into my house. The sign of a devoted pinhead who does not care.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Helen:

I also have 6 pinball machines in the living room, that is, there is an extra space of 3x8 meters besides the living of 10x6. My husband don't mind by the way... He is the technician if necessary

I think I'm in Love

PS....I have three in my living room and currently unattached

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

TZ is actually in my kitchen. WH20 is the first thing you see when you walk into my house. The sign of a devoted pinhead who does not care.

Hey, what's that mixer board?

And I dig the musician posters....I want to do that with some B&W jazz posters

#16 12 years ago

Nice collection! Machines look really nice. My wife would shoot me in the face if she came home to that.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

Nice collection! Machines look really nice. My wife would shoot me in the face if she came home to that.

There's a that's what she said joke somewhere in there

#18 12 years ago

That is awesome Slate! Very nice collection and everything looks like it belongs. I love how the plant in barricaded in by the White Water. You have a collection full of keepers including your wife.

#19 12 years ago

All three of my pins are in the kitchen where the tabel would/should be. The wife doesn't mind, we are not very conventional.

#20 12 years ago

What a good topic.
    No I don't have any in my living room...but I WISH I could. Than I would have 10 pins and no wife.

#21 12 years ago

Yes, in the back of my "entertainment" living room, I've got my two pins and a kegerator!

DSC00747.jpgDSC00747.jpg

#22 12 years ago

I have four in the spare bedroom, make my kids share a bedroom so I have a spare, and two in my home office! But none in my living room, did have one in the living room for a while

#23 12 years ago

Hey,

WhiteWater and Flash sit in the living room, although when the basement's done, they'll be down there. I like having them in the living room, though. I can fire them up, cradle the ball, watch some football. Good setup.

Luke

#24 12 years ago

We have 4 pins and an asteroids deluxe in our living room so far. Our living room or I guess you could call it a great room is rather large. He is just lucky I love this hobby as much as he does. See, not all wives are the devil. We are actually debating whether or not to renovate the garage into the "game room" or add on to the sun room that is just off the living room turning it into the "game room". Even then I think we will keep a few in the living room once we renovate it. Its gonna be a theatre style theme and I think the pins will add to it.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Just curious... Does anyone keep games in the living room? The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think I have the guts!!! Has anyone ever pulled it off?

LOL!!! I not only have 1 in my living room...but 8!!! as well as 5 in my dining room...

Phoebe

#26 12 years ago

One in living room. Up next...dining room

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

I have 4 in the living room, 6 in the den and am looking for a Royal Flush for the bathroom.

Eric

#28 12 years ago

mine are in my living room. i used to have 2 in my bedroom also before i sold them.

#29 12 years ago

My TSPP is in the garage.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Yes, in the back of my "entertainment" living room, I've got my two pins and a kegerator!

I like this set up, the beer fridge in between the two pins. very choice.

#31 12 years ago

I have three pins in my living room.
    And thats where they will stay, great place for them, I think.
    Great when company comes over to play.

#32 12 years ago

I had one in the livingroom for several months. It started to act like a table so I moved it out in the shop.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

Newer sterns I do not consider Art but I would any new JPOP or WOZ machine.

You haven't see a Transformers LE then I assume. My deception LE with topper is one of hte most beautiful of my 20 pins in my gameroom. As for WoZ / JPOP comment, yes these sound like they'll be great. I preordered each. However, we have no idea if they'll really look good or not. None exist.

#35 12 years ago

Yes, I have got five games in my living room (currently TZ, MM, WOF, LOTR and Shrek). I tried to fit in six games in there, but it got just a little too cramped! I also have two older games upstairs in a spare bedroom. I'm currently contemplating how to get my latest addition, a Bally Space Invaders up there to join them...

Oh yes, I am single by the way.

#36 12 years ago

Cool house set-up Slate, I dig it! The row of four system 11's is sweet!

#37 12 years ago

Yes, got 4 in my living room! And have a wife who does not care for pinball......they are in decent condition but she would prefer they were not there! Hope to get a MB in the line up as well.

IMG_6612.JPGIMG_6612.JPG

#38 12 years ago

No, but only because I haven't bought my first machine yet.

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Attachments DSC00747.jpg (322.5 KB, 0 downloads) 17 hours old

If played those pins with the kegorator in the middle I may grow weeds around my ankles cause there lies all you need. But then again may have to use the restroom at some point.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from JBScar:

LOL!!! YES!! I am in for a pinball in the kitchen. Where else can you shake up some bacon and eggs and win a MILLION!

Ya a Diner would fit theme wise in a kitchen.

#41 12 years ago

My living room isn't big enough for a pin. If it was, I wouldn't have a problem putting one in there.

#42 12 years ago

Have 1 in my living room... it's the only place I have a pin set up infact!!

1 year later
    #43 10 years ago

Lets see, Living room

Klondike
    Twin Win
    Wizard
    Captain Fantastic
    Flash
    Blackout
    Taxi

3 Slots

Defender VG

#44 10 years ago

Since my last post, all my pins are in the garage and my parents will not allow me to put some in the house.

#45 10 years ago

I think O-din keeps a few in the bathroom

#46 10 years ago

O-din has 12 in the living room, but none in the bathroom, yet!

#47 10 years ago

Not only is my Firepower cabinet in the living room, I'm restoring it in the dining room. Oh yeah...parts and pieces and tools all over...my fiancee is the greatest.

#48 10 years ago

heres my living/dining room setup now. what's more important? entertaining company at the table, or playing a table???

trondhbitches.jpgtrondhbitches.jpg

#49 10 years ago

All in the basement. I like the look of our living room a lot (very Frank Lloyd Wright-ish), and pins would definitely clash. Better to have them in a dedicated space. Now, if I could just finish the basement...

#50 10 years ago

All 4 are very happy in the living room. The chesterfield will have to be tossed out if I get another pin. The matching chair to the couch is really nervous, it knows it is lighter in weight than the couch. The garage is not heated no pins will be in there.

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-a-pinball-machine-a-living-room?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.