(Topic ID: 46)

Does anyone have a pinball machine in the living room?

By dglover4569

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487378_440962595927050_113750516_n.jpg
    303875_1934267524967_2369696_n.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    20130614_095104.jpg
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    image.jpg
    MM-PF-01.JPG
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    100_0021.JPG
    Penny_Arcade_3.JPG
    735175_4788929053313_2044444904_n.jpg
    164267_10200334610960072_1925341728_n..jpg
    SF01.jpg
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Just curious... Does anyone keep games in the living room? The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think I have the guts!!! Has anyone ever pulled it off?

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from kalebrampton:

Hey, I do have in my living room, and willing to relocate in my [url=http://www.officefurnituredesignconcepts.com/clearance]used office furniture[/url],Pic attached below:

Used office furniture? WTF?

#153 10 years ago

attempted seo spam fail

#154 10 years ago

Yep. 4 currently though one leaving soon. Putting my pins in the den is a temporary solution until I have my game room/theater addition completed. However, now after having the pins in the den I LOVE having them there (wife...not so much). It is great to be able to just play a couple of games but still be around the family.

In my new addition there is a loft above the home theater which my wife wants to put all the pins and MAME in. Ugh...stairs which I don't currently have to deal with and they will be up and out of the way. Nice for her but I'd rather have them more on display.

Oh well.

#155 10 years ago

I have six in my formal dining room and living room right off the front door. Most people that walk into my house don't say anything about them, but have this strange look on their face like they have never seen a pinball machine before.

#156 10 years ago

Recently we were at a party and one of my friends started talking about the six pins in our living room and this chick starts giving me crap about what kind of living room is that? So I said, let me guess, you have a sofa, a coffee table, maybe a couple of lamps, right, yea I thought so. Never saw her the rest of the night. Once had a pizza delivery guy's jaw drop when he spotted them,
    asked him if he plays, he left about an hour later.

#157 10 years ago

A living room is for living right?

#158 10 years ago

In my house the room with the most pins is the living room.

#159 10 years ago

It is funny to see this thread made me think of when I went pin mad. I had 2 bowlers in livingroom with 2 pins , 1 in master bedroom, 5 in spare bedroom ,4 in 3rd bedroom. Coke machine in kitchen and about 20 pins on end in basement. This was while I was single. Now I have a small mancave

#160 10 years ago

I don't have anything in my living room, but it not out of the question.

#161 10 years ago

I had a TAFG in my lounge for a few weeks whilst the garage was converted into a games room

#162 10 years ago

Oops

#163 10 years ago

Oops

#164 10 years ago

Aw man!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#165 10 years ago

Instead this thread should be called "who's married and who isn't".

#166 10 years ago

Married

And sitting it's fourth week in transit to move to the gameroom. Present location ...Livingroom

MM-Living-01.JPGMM-Living-01.JPG

#167 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

So true. I'd like to think I could pull it off, but I have a feeling she'd feel it somehow doesn't match the motif.

#168 10 years ago

I've repaired a total of two I was not keeping in our dining room, which we rarely ever use, but is visible from our living room, just so I didn't have to deal with the stairs to the game room with something coming up.

I'm not sure which would be worse, dealing with the stairs or the hourly "when are you getting that piece of crap out of my face" from my wife.

#169 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm not sure which would be worse, dealing with the stairs or the hourly "when are you getting that piece of crap out of my face" from my wife.

My wife enjoys the hobby, (not nearly as much as me) but the level of bitching I would have to put up with would make it not worth. So yeah, I'd be dealing with the steps.

#170 10 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have 6 pins and a multicade in what would be my dining room. Its crowded but who cares. My wife said NO MORE PINBALLS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I dont have room anyway.

I'm with you. I've had 5 in the "dining" room (table is wrapped and leaning against the back wall) one of which was blocking the front door.
    And I have a wife who's not so much into pinball but realizes it's better than me being in a bar or something spending money

Which leads to the bigger issue...I now need a bigger house to have a proper gameroom.

#171 10 years ago

Post edited by ghetoprobe : Double-post

#172 10 years ago

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this... What was supposed to be a simple waxing turned into a full playfield teardown of my CV - replacing plastics, posts, LEDs, protectors, powder coating trim, all target switches, pop bumpers, etc. And it's all going down in the living room.

My wife is ecstatic as you could imagine. She doesn't mind the pins in the living room as long as she can play them. When they're out of commission and exploded all over the place, not so happy.

20130614_095104.jpg20130614_095104.jpg

#173 10 years ago
    Quoted from cranie:

Which leads to the bigger issue...I now need a bigger house to have a proper gameroom.

I think we all do.

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from ghetoprobe:

My wife is ecstatic as you could imagine.

That pic is great!

#175 10 years ago
    Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this... What was supposed to be a simple waxing turned into a full playfield teardown of my CV - replacing plastics, posts, LEDs, protectors, powder coating trim, all target switches, pop bumpers, etc. And it's all going down in the living room.
    My wife is ecstatic as you could imagine. She doesn't mind the pins in the living room as long as she can play them. When they're out of commission and exploded all over the place, not so happy.

My "dining room" is in that state CONSTANTLY. At one point when all the pins were "done" and everything was cleaned up it just didn't feel right. So I got 2 more projects

As for as the wife..nothing a nice Coach pocketbook can't fix.

#176 10 years ago

Living in California, one does not have many options since basements are not common in earthquake country! With 1600 sq ft. one does what one needs to do to necessitate the pinball hobby. Outside during the day, pinball at night... I'm lucky, wife loves to swim and enjoys playing pinball too!!

photo1.jpgphoto1.jpg photo2.jpgphoto2.jpg

#177 10 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Living in California, one does not have many options since basements are not common in earthquake country! With 1600 sq ft. one does what one needs to do to necessitate the pinball hobby. Outside during the day, pinball at night... I'm lucky, wife loves to swim and enjoys playing pinball too!!

Very nice!

#178 10 years ago

Oh man, these pics are going to give me ammo to go after her hard tonight about using the dining room more.

I kid, I can't complain, I have the entire finished basement in which I can fit almost 35 in total. I have little to retort with in using the dining room

#179 10 years ago

Keep three in living room. Will get pic later

#180 10 years ago

Happily married 40 years and wife says no problem using the living room for next machine but experience tells me that it had better be POC because she and my daughter love Johnny Depp. LOL!

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from unionrunner:

Happily married 40 years and wife says no problem using the living room for next machine but experience tells me that it had better be POC because she and my daughter love Johnny Depp. LOL!

Mine is pushing for AC/DC Pro

#182 10 years ago

I have 2 machines in the living room, but my wife likes playing pinball!
    No basement, - most places don't have basements in the southwest.

#183 10 years ago

3 in my living room , wife loves it !

#184 10 years ago

4 in the living room, AFM,TAF Fireball and Gottlieb Out of Sight. Plus a couple from 1930's....

#185 10 years ago

Pins go in the foyer and that's their place. I have Neo Geo's in there as well and I'm going down to a single Neo to make room for more pins. Everyone concurs.

#186 10 years ago

I live in a loft apartment so yes I suppose my pin and arcade are in the "living room". I wish I had my own room, the old lady doesn't care for the noise but it works out.

#187 10 years ago

Had 6 in the basement and 3 in the living room. Wife said they must go so we built a game room out back. Now the only thing left in the living room are the antique coke machines. Its ok because I can go play pinball anytime and not wake the family. Its my little getaway until the gang comes out to play.

#188 10 years ago

Where would I park the Harley? JK'ing , I sold the Harley for a pin.

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I sold the Harley for a pin.

That's where I draw the line. There is no pin that would make me sell my bike.

#190 10 years ago

Now that one is worth having in the LR. I see you have only one pin also.

#191 10 years ago

My basement is full, 3 pins, one sit down driving game, one stand up arcade game, one 7ft slate pool table, one 6ft bar and a small theater with a 80in. 3D TV. No place left BUT the living room, but I'm single so I can do what I want. Hmmmm I could put 10 more pins in the LR.

#192 10 years ago

When I walk by my now empty dining room I try not to think to hard about how many I can squeeze in there (6!). Yes getting married again, made me move them out.The idea of a dining room table just truly irks me(use it maybe once a month if I buy one). Thankfully I have some nice art and a wall of blu-rays and dvd's that I built the shelving for and I am not removing that! See I put my foot down, the movies stay. But the pins go

#194 10 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Just curious... Does anyone keep games in the living room? The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think I have the guts!!! Has anyone ever pulled it off?

You bet I do. My living room is large. Something like 24x30. I have pinballs in my gameroom, garage and 1 in the living room on felt castors on a wood floor. It is a gottlieb 300 with the tilt off and we can slide the hell out of it. So MUCH FUN.!!!!....Has nothing to do with a wife. I am married. If you can't do what you want in your life with a wife; then you don't have a wife you have a slave DRIVER!!!!....you be da slave. i.e. Whipped.

#195 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

When I walk by my now empty dining room I try not to think to hard about how many I can squeeze in there (6!). Yes getting married again, made me move them out.The idea of a dining room table just truly irks me(use it maybe once a month if I buy one). Thankfully I have some nice art and a wall of blu-rays and dvd's that I built the shelving for and I am not removing that! See I put my foot down, the movies stay. But the pins go

Aw man, I feel for ya. I was in the same situation but with my Mustang. 35 years ago my "then" GF said "if you want this relationship to go to the next level it's either me or the car". My Mustang just turned 43 last month.

#196 10 years ago
    Quoted from OuttaSpace:

Recently we were at a party and one of my friends started talking about the six pins in our living room and this chick starts giving me crap about what kind of living room is that? So I said, let me guess, you have a sofa, a coffee table, maybe a couple of lamps, right, yea I thought so. Never saw her the rest of the night. Once had a pizza delivery guy's jaw drop when he spotted them,
    asked him if he plays, he left about an hour later.

Was she hot?

#197 10 years ago

Just sold my Full House to a chick from work who dropped it in her living room. It's there along with a fake palm tree and a beer meister.

She's not your typical chick. She also has season tickets to the Phillies, Flyers, and Eagles.

And can drink most guys under the table.

And she wants to know when I will be eady to sell another one.

#198 10 years ago

She did not even ask me to remove them but when I said the words"11 pinball machines" she said "are you crazy"?. I over did it anyways and the looks people would give me was not always good. My dogs love the currently empty room one more place to chase toys and each other.

#199 10 years ago

All seven of my games are in our living room. Happily married to a woman that loves pinball. Current discussions around fixing up her office and bringing in a few more pins in place of her desk.

#200 10 years ago
    Quoted from fflint_18:

Just sold my Full House to a chick from work who dropped it in her living room. It's there along with a fake palm tree and a beer meister.
    She's not your typical chick. She also has season tickets to the Phillies, Flyers, and Eagles.
    And can drink most guys under the table.
    And she wants to know when I will be eady to sell another one.

Is she hot?

On topic, my little collection of 2 pins are in my large living room. I have a nice finished basement, but it's a real PITA to get pins in & out because of a tight turn/wall at the bottom of the steps. My ex looked in my living room last week and said "what a bachelor pad". YUP, thanks for stopping by, see ya'!

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-a-pinball-machine-a-living-room/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.