(Topic ID: 46)

Does anyone have a pinball machine in the living room?

By dglover4569

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487378_440962595927050_113750516_n.jpg
    303875_1934267524967_2369696_n.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    20130614_095104.jpg
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    image.jpg
    MM-PF-01.JPG
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    100_0021.JPG
    Penny_Arcade_3.JPG
    735175_4788929053313_2044444904_n.jpg
    164267_10200334610960072_1925341728_n..jpg
    SF01.jpg
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 10 years ago

I do, its the only place i have for one. Thank goodness the reason we couldnt get "the big couch" was not because of my pinball being there, the room was just too small regardless..whew. Im capped right there though...no other pins in the house. Luckly i have a remote location, my mom enjoys playing them so i have some storage there.

#102 10 years ago

I have ten pins (sometimes eleven) and a jukebox in my condo living room. One NIB in the master bedroom, and one fixer-upper on legs in the second bedroom. Unsurprisingly, I live alone.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Unsurprisingly, I live alone.

Not without the company of your babies!

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bischt:

Three in mine. The living room is really the best place for pinball. It's where you and guests hang out, it's where you go for 5 minute intervals while cooking, etc. games get way more play there.

My kitchen\living\dining areas all one big open plan room with my pins in it, a lot of my pin play comes while I'm waiting for things to cook as I can still watch what I'm cook from where the pins are.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I have ten pins (sometimes eleven) and a jukebox in my condo living room. One NIB in the master bedroom, and one fixer-upper on legs in the second bedroom. Unsurprisingly, I live alone.

I've got a 600ft^2 apartment that maxed out at 2 pins, two player Daytona USA, DDR machine, Silent Scope, Area 51, a MAME cocktail cab, 2 pachinkos, and a few redemption games. I don't really have rooms in my apartment, it's just an arcade maze.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I've got a 600ft^2 apartment that maxed out at 2 pins, two player Daytona USA, DDR machine, Silent Scope, Area 51, a MAME cocktail cab, 2 pachinkos, and a few redemption games. I don't really have rooms in my apartment, it's just an arcade maze.

You gotta post pictures of this

#107 10 years ago

I live in Florida, so no basements, BUT I've got a Firepower in our "formal" living room, along with my MAME machine, a cocktail 60 in 1, a stand up Cruis'n USA, and after this Saturday, a Cyclone. Bonus points: I'm married!

#108 10 years ago

I probably win for most crowded living space. The pins are inside a cube of sound dampening blankets because I'm extremely worried about being courteous to neighbors (they also have internal sound dampening mods). I work late and usually play games after midnight. I figured I might as well just make my apartment an arcade.

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg

#109 10 years ago

Pins in cube that makes me look like a crazy person.

7.jpg7.jpg 8.jpg8.jpg 65.jpg65.jpg

#110 10 years ago

Two actually

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I probably win for most crowded living space.

Like you, I still have a recliner and a tv.

#112 10 years ago

defaultgen wins for most crazy set up! That apartment looks cramped but I bet it's fun as hell to hang out in

#113 10 years ago

Wow, props on getting 2 player Daytona into your apartment, bravo!

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

That is awesome. Did you ever have guests? If so, how did you explain things before hand?

#115 10 years ago

I wish! Mine are in the garage. I'm too often making a mess working on them to store them anywhere else. If I was buying pins that were already shopped then I could probably put them in an interior room.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

The wife and I live in a pretty small condo, so we're perfectly happy with the pin in the living room for now. We currently have an offer on a house that will have a ton of space for pins!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that we get it!

Im in the same boat, minus the girlfriend. Got my first pin on order, METLE and its going to be front and center in the house!!! Cant wait.. And when i do get a GF, she better like or, or kick rocks. My house, my money, my rules!

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

That is awesome. Did you ever have guests? If so, how did you explain things before hand?

I'm 23 and live alone, my apartment is an arcade. There is no place to sit down really except Daytona, please keep this in mind.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from twizz63:

I have six pins in my living room. I am obviously not married......If I was I wouldn't be able to afford six machines.

Or if you were married to Jodi Arias or Lorena Bobbit.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

Pins in cube that makes me look like a crazy person.

Great pick up line: "Wanna see my cube?"

#119 10 years ago

Wow. I never considered the option of NOT having pins in the living room. Do people really do that?

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I probably win for most crowded living space. The pins are inside a cube of sound dampening blankets because I'm extremely worried about being courteous to neighbors (they also have internal sound dampening mods). I work late and usually play games after midnight. I figured I might as well just make my apartment an arcade.

Poor F'ing dog. He couldn't crap on the carpet if he wanted to.

#121 10 years ago

here's what i'm looking at now We're about to play braid

tron_in_living_room.jpgtron_in_living_room.jpg

#122 10 years ago

This is in the entry way, I also have pins in the garage, office and game room. Working on the bedroom next

Pappy

IMG_2603.JPGIMG_2603.JPG

#123 10 years ago

here's what i'm looking at now We're about to play braid

LOL, me too.

Pappy

IMG_2613.JPGIMG_2613.JPG

#124 10 years ago

I have 5 machines in our dining room and our dining room table,chairs and hutch on the backyard patio

#125 10 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'm 23 and live alone, my apartment is an arcade. There is no place to sit down really except Daytona, please keep this in mind.

Classic! So awesome. You gotta share....ever drag girls back to that? Reaction?

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I flee the flaw mostly. sometimes I need to cheech on some flaw to get a chooch out of the antler though boys! sometimes, my sinus 'pliance gets dickered up though, they say I need to not chooch so inhalents mang!

Need a translator for this.

#127 10 years ago

When I was single I had pins in every room including the kitchen and bathroom.

#128 10 years ago

I have been in a dude's home where the crib was worth maybe $275,000 and it was filled to the gills with probably $750,000+ worth of pins, arcade games, jukes, etc. Priorities!!!!

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

When I was single I had pins in every room including the kitchen and bathroom.

bathroom......?

#130 10 years ago

Temporarily I did!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#131 10 years ago

Well I overdid the whole pinball thing so much I could not fit them all comfortably in my garage game room. So I ended up with three in my dining room and let me tell you it's no good for me. People would come over and look at me like I am crazy. Was a bachelor for last few years and did not set my home with the idea of impressing woman only how many big boy toys can I cram in here. Also have a mame arcade in dining room too, I am no longer single and have a fiancé who will not accept this. Despite always eating in my kitchens island with stools my family needs a dining room.

Lucky for me I have a site at my wheelhouse/ factory with room for 15 machines. So if they can't fit will consider moving them to my off site arcade but honestly I foresee me selling them off because really how many machines can one man play. Want her happy screw the pinball machines in the living room. Sad but true, and FGY and wh20 were the first to go to accomodate my plan and mople ect. Good luck!

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

bathroom......?

Hopefully Pinball Arcade...

#133 10 years ago

Crappy cell phone pic of my recent McCune restored AFM in front of the family room

AFM_LR.JPGAFM_LR.JPG

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

bathroom......?

Yup. I had machines in every room. Ran out of space and the only place that I could put a pin was in the bathroom. A deal came up to buy a ToM and a CFTBL both in exceptional condition for a little over 3k for the pair. Things got moved around, and eventually out of desperation, one game ended up near the shower. It did not last long because I did not want moisture damage, but for a while I had machines everywhere. If I did not jump on that deal I would have kicked my own a**.

#135 10 years ago

I can see the Bay Bridge while I play TSPP, grab a beer while saving the girl from the Creature and fry an egg while solving murders on W?D.

SF01.jpgSF01.jpg

#136 10 years ago

Living room divided in two. The gaming space and the actual living room with tv and couch.

164267_10200334610960072_1925341728_n..jpg164267_10200334610960072_1925341728_n..jpg 735175_4788929053313_2044444904_n.jpg735175_4788929053313_2044444904_n.jpg

#137 10 years ago

I moved to a smaller place in February, so I only have two pins set up in my living room now instead of five. I did manage to fit three in there for a while after taking the living room door off it's hinges and removing it, but this proved impractical.

I also have two pins set up in my main bedroom too....

#138 10 years ago

Iron Man lives in my living room.......

#139 10 years ago

Chunk the dining set in the living room Penny_Arcade_3.JPGPenny_Arcade_3.JPG

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

AFM in front of the family room

Fits right in with decor ! I like it a lot .

#142 10 years ago

Got rid of china cabinet . And dinning room table. To fit in more pinball. If I was married do not think I would have gotten away with it.

100_0021.JPG100_0021.JPG

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Got rid of china cabinet . And dinning room table. To fit in more pinball.

Good man. China cabinets have to be the most useless furniture on earth. Look at my dishes! Yeah, who gives a crap. Get back to me when there's some food on your precious china.

#144 10 years ago

Until my basement was ready I had a pin in my daughter's bedroom, one in my guest room and 4 in my den with 3 arcade games and a slot machine in the dining room.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Got rid of china cabinet . And dinning room table. To fit in more pinball. If I was married do not think I would have gotten away with it.

Unless she loved the hobby I doubt it. Caught my fiancé playing pinball arcade who has never played a real machine (in Thailand at the moment)but she loves Totan, and her eyes light up when she has a good game. My guess I will be dining room table shopping soon. Just want her to be happy so I will scale down my addiction,I mean collection.

#146 10 years ago

My "normal" gameroom is in my attic

Picked up this today, my wife think it's gorgeous, so this is going to be in the livingroom for a while

MM-Living-01.JPGMM-Living-01.JPG MM-PF-01.JPGMM-PF-01.JPG

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

this is going to be in the livingroom for a while

Nice!

#148 10 years ago

I keep mine in the bathroom. I drill 4 holes in front of the toilet and lower the pin into those holes. Bathroom time becomes twice as fun!

#149 10 years ago

Two pins in the living room and two in the dining room. My dog doesn't mind at all

3 weeks later
    #150 10 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Just curious... Does anyone keep games in the living room? The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think I have the guts!!! Has anyone ever pulled it off?

Hey, I do have in my living room, and willing to relocate in my used office furniture

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-a-pinball-machine-a-living-room/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.