(Topic ID: 46)

Does anyone have a pinball machine in the living room?

By dglover4569

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487378_440962595927050_113750516_n.jpg
    303875_1934267524967_2369696_n.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    20130614_095104.jpg
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    image.jpg
    MM-PF-01.JPG
    MM-Living-01.JPG
    100_0021.JPG
    Penny_Arcade_3.JPG
    735175_4788929053313_2044444904_n.jpg
    164267_10200334610960072_1925341728_n..jpg
    SF01.jpg
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago

I have my 4 and a lowboy mame machine set up in one end of my living area. My house has an open plan area so it's large, pins are up on one wall, dining room table is next to them with the kitchen oppisite that and then up the very end is my couches and tv. 20130417_173759.jpeg20130417_173759.jpeg
    This picture is taken from my dining room table, I'm not married but my girlfriend spends more time at my place than at her parents so she pretty much lives here. At the end of the day though I bought my house by myself so I'm allowed to put things where I want, she doesn't mind the pins though because she thinks they look cool

#52 10 years ago

put em where you can fit em to get em in!! and if the misses isn't into it, she's out of it!! at least if I had a wife, she'd be out the door.

#53 10 years ago

pinman! space jam club ya bud!

#54 10 years ago

I have 3 in the kitchen! I eat on the island!

#55 10 years ago

My coffee table. Yes, it is playable.

004-side.jpg004-side.jpg

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

pinman! Space Jam club ya bud!

represent. It's not that bad of a game really if you want to just have a quick bash around and aren't really looking to play in depth and follow the modes. A lot of my friends and family like it more than my other pins because it's simple to follow and has cool things to shoot for and I'm a big NBA fan who grew up in jordan's second era.

#58 10 years ago

I flee the flaw mostly. sometimes I need to cheech on some flaw to get a chooch out of the antler though boys! sometimes, my sinus 'pliance gets dickered up though, they say I need to not chooch so inhalents mang!

#59 10 years ago

that's really cool but how did you justify using a populated playfield for that? Was the cab and boards ruined?
    just noticed it has buttons on it, is that playable?
    I've thought about trying to find a cocktail pin to put in my study as a coffee table

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

I'm a big NBA fan who grew up in jordan's second era.

my name is Jordan. I was 'air Jordan, air Jordan, air Jordan, air Jordan! in high school! I had the MJ starter cartoon jacket! that's really why I own this machine. the lack of stackin in modes and MBs just kills it for me though! I love it for a sega though

#61 10 years ago

The wife and I live in a pretty small condo, so we're perfectly happy with the pin in the living room for now. We currently have an offer on a house that will have a ton of space for pins!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that we get it! IMG_2867.JPGIMG_2867.JPG

#62 10 years ago

My two are in my living room. I offered to move them out to one of the side rooms if they were ruining the ambiance or something, but the wife said she liked them there. That way even if I was playing pinball, I was hanging out with the family instead of hiding somewhere.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

my name is Jordan. I was 'air Jordan, air Jordan, air Jordan, air Jordan! in high school! I had the MJ starter cartoon jacket! that's really why I own this machine. the lack of stackin in modes and MBs just kills it for me though! I love it for a sega though

true I find if I'm trying to play it to reach final jam I get bored with the modes, but if i play afew games just trying to rack up basket shots or how many multiballs I can get it's fun now and then, it is the game I least play myself. I just wish shaq attaq was actually fun so I could have them side by side.

#64 10 years ago

you know you are a pinballer for real when:

1. you don't own a machine over 7k
    2. you don't have an 'arcade mancave'
    3. you have machines next to your fridge/bed/kitty box/newborn cradle.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

just trying to rack up basket shots

this, I forget how fun that is. mine has been in storage for a year now. space+priorities.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

that's really cool but how did you justify using a populated playfield for that? Was the cab and boards ruined?
    just noticed it has buttons on it, is that playable?
    I've thought about trying to find a cocktail pin to put in my study as a coffee table

Totally playable. Cab was ruined. (whole machine was pretty much scap actually) Rewired it to run without the boards at all since they were toast. Frankensteined alot of parts into it, including an EM chime box to replace the sound board. Plays good now.

#67 10 years ago

Sick!

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Totally playable. Cab was ruined. (whole machine was pretty much scap actually) Rewired it to run without the boards at all since they were toast. Frankensteined alot of parts into it, including an EM chime box to replace the sound board. Plays good now.

that sounds awesome, sorry to go off topic so much but do you have a thread or anything with the build?

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

that sounds awesome, sorry to go off topic so much but do you have a thread or anything with the build?

Here...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freaking-cool-or-desecration

#70 10 years ago

My 3 are in an area that was once a dining room attached to the living room.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

Depends on how they are positioned, the space they occupy, etc. I have pins all over my house since I have no dedicated game room. Even if I had a game room I would spread them into sections since I am not a big fan of the arcade look. But I totally respect people who like that look, its just not for me. Certian pins look better in different sections of the house. I think they are Art and should be displayed as. Newer sterns I do not consider Art but I would any new JPOP or WOZ machine.

The LEDs really make those games look great....Love the Taxi and Diner!

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Not only is my Firepower cabinet in the living room, I'm restoring it in the dining room. Oh yeah...parts and pieces and tools all over...my fiancee is the greatest.

Until after the Wedding, things will change pretty quick after that.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from PurpleTophat:

The wife and I live in a pretty small condo, so we're perfectly happy with the pin in the living room for now. We currently have an offer on a house that will have a ton of space for pins!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that we get it!

I was in a condo last year when I got my first two. They were setup right there in the living area. Decided to get my third and realized I wouldn't have much space left when it got there so I went out searching. Found the perfect house and a month and a half later I was moving in. The day I moved in, my fourth (first NIB) showed up at the door.

Now they have their own dedicated room down the hall in the spare bedroom. At least until I get the basement refinished.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

My coffee table. Yes, it is playable.

That's amazing!

#75 10 years ago

Two passed through my living room the other day on their way upstairs to a spare room.

Had to shuffle things around to make some room in the office/game room/pin workshop for a couple (ok, 3) pins that are coming in today.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Yeah, I guess it also depends on the size of the room. I'll bet that guy was single. I don't know too many wives who will give up their living room for games. Most married guys are limited to basement space right next to the kitty box!

Mine's in the bedroom. The wife wouldn't tolerate one being visible and I insisted there be one "anywhere" in the house.
    Voila!

#77 10 years ago

My old house had 4 in the livingroom 3 arcades in the kitchen 3 in my bedroom I woke up next to a taxi for about 2 years and 1in the hallway and 2 pins and 6 arcades in the spare bedroom. 1 pin and a arcade at the neighbors house. And yes I am married with a wive just as crazy about pinball as I am.

#78 10 years ago

Darth Liam attacks the living room/arcade.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 10 years ago

Can totally pull it off. Right now we have one in our dining room, and believe it or not was the wife's idea

#80 10 years ago

That's where my Metallica is going for a few weeks, too bad for the wifey

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Yeah, I guess it also depends on the size of the room. I'll bet that guy was single. I don't know too many wives who will give up their living room for games. Most married guys are limited to basement space right next to the kitty box!

I have an office in my home and that's where my wife pointed to when I arrived with my pins.
    She is one-hell-a-vah usher.

-Rev

#82 10 years ago

Yes, a bingo. And its right next to my MAME machine.
    Ask about the bedroom....
    Steve

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from dglover4569:

Just curious... Does anyone keep games in the living room? The thought has crossed my mind, but I don't think I have the guts!!! Has anyone ever pulled it off?

I do now because I only have 2

#84 10 years ago

I have three in my living room it is the best spot in the house for pins. We hardly ever went into our formal living room now we visit everyday to play our pins. Its also close to the front door for easy in and out access. Also everyone who visits say what a cool living room .

#85 10 years ago

My wife, a month ago, did not understand my sudden growing obsession with pinball. When I got a Bad Cats a couple weeks ago, a game she played at someone's open house and really liked, she really enjoyed it. It's currently in one of our son's rooms but she doesn't like it in there. A few days after bringing it home she said that we could/should put it in the living room! Not there yet, but will be by the weekend.

#86 10 years ago

3 in my living room. Basement is not up to par to put my pins in it yet.

2012-09-14_22-12-07_574.jpg2012-09-14_22-12-07_574.jpg

#87 10 years ago

No pins on the main level, because we try to keep it "normal" up there, but finished basement has 3 pins the main lounge area and one in the guest bedroom that I recently took over as a pin room. I will be adding at least a couple more pins to eventually, and could probably fit a good 6-8 more in the home theater room, but we really like having a dedicated theater. I did mention to my husband that since our closet is 9.5' x 11' and I barely use my side, that I could probably fit a pin in there if need be.

#88 10 years ago

Three in mine. The living room is really the best place for pinball. It's where you and guests hang out, it's where you go for 5 minute intervals while cooking, etc. games get way more play there.

#89 10 years ago

Before I got married, I had them in the living room area as well.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from the_one:

Before I got married, I had them in the living room area as well.

I should mention I am not married. I live with 2 other male roommates and this is what works for us. Main room is the fun area for all of us and our guests.

To those who have pins in the living room AND are married, props to you on picking an understanding partner.

#91 10 years ago

I went from 1 to 4 in a matter of 5 months. 1 and 2 fit fine. The third was next to the dining room table and the other was kinda in front of the door. Both mother laws and my wife gave me the big thumbs down. We cleaned the garage and now I am very happy being in there. Now I room for 3 more. Love how that works.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

Depends on how they are positioned, the space they occupy, etc. I have pins all over my house since I have no dedicated game room. Even if I had a game room I would spread them into sections since I am not a big fan of the arcade look. But I totally respect people who like that look, its just not for me. Certian pins look better in different sections of the house. I think they are Art and should be displayed as. Newer sterns I do not consider Art but I would any new JPOP or WOZ machine.

This is awesome... love these pictures. My wife would never go for this... but I think it looks awesome!

#93 10 years ago

Man, I wish I had a pic of STTNG, HS, & LAH all in my kitchen at once

#94 10 years ago

I just noticed that coffee table pin. Totally going to have to find something to make into a pin like this.

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

What a good topic.
    No I don't have any in my living room...but I WISH I could. Than I would have 10 pins and no wife.

and the problem is?????

#96 10 years ago

I only have one machine, a Black Knight, and its home while I live in my apartment is in the kitchen. Seems to work very well there.

#97 10 years ago

My living room is my pinball palace, and the house was bought with that plan. Much better use than a couch and chairs that would never get used. Now about that dining room table.....

#98 10 years ago

Nope...none in the living room (I wish I could)

#99 10 years ago

Mine have always been in my living room. Wife and kid are fine with it, don't play much but say they look awesome. They're on the other side of the room from the big tv/av, noise isn't really a problem at all. Of course we also have an 8' by 4' bean bag instead of a couch, so we may not be the norm. Also my pc is at my recliner...

I have a garage I could easily convert to use, but if I don't keep my things near me in sight I tend to be lazy and never deal with them. Also if I was out there all the time the girls and their things would all be there to be near me anyways so whats the point.

So at some point I'll be looking to make my living room bigger I guess....

#100 10 years ago

I'd prefer to not tempt that. My wife likes a really clean house so I put my pins in a gameroom we made and she puts all her "stuff" in those rooms. Whatever crap she buys at pier 1 basically. I'll take the trade off all day

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-have-a-pinball-machine-a-living-room/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.