(Topic ID: 46309)

Does anyone else not get the appeal of AC/DC?

By Collin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
IMG_0041.jpg
images.jpeg
stirthepot.gif
images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PDXGeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#131 11 years ago

This is pretty typical pinside posting right here. You have a guy that actually gives the facts about a game, and everyone ignores those facts and then jumps to insults and learn how to play pinball.

Mark is right on all accounts. AC/DC is a totally average game with an interesting rule set that is destroyed by stupid cheap instant drains that are often times rewards for making shots. I see your "The bell is a risky shot" and my only reply is that a risky shot that is made should never reward you with instant drain. Additionally, as Mark has already stated, why would anyone find enjoyment in starting a mode that has the cannon shoot the TnT targets, which pop the ball instantly into the left outlane. Does this happen to you guys and you think "Gee, that was fun!" I dont even get control of the ball for this, it just happens due to bad software.

Maybe you guys should stop attacking a person for his honest feedback and instead come up with some sort of rational reasoning why instant drains for made shots is an ok thing. I like the game as well, but it is far from a top 10 game, and the only saving grace that AC/DC has is interesting software that allows you to constantly stack multiballs to make it ok to make shots that should otherwise be fun without the multiball requirement.

#136 11 years ago

Gee, maybe I should go make a video too that counters one point of your statement, that totally seems reasonable.. Oh wait, when I do, I am sure I will get something along the lines of "Learn to play pinball" because learning how to hit two buttons on a wooden cabinet must be the failing point. I already know explaining things is pointless when you dont agree with it. I cant change an ignorance to facts, and I am not going to waste my time. Maybe you should go troll a linux forum.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I gave multiple "rational reasons" of why I think he is wrong.

You also told Mark that maybe he should learn how to slap save to stop this, interesting.

Quoted from smassa:

The majority of Pinside would disagree with you.

And there are many posts on pinside also ask how to address SDTM bell drains and requests to put a ball save in for uncontrolled cannon shots to TnT that left drain.

Quoted from smassa:

Bottom line this is a pinball forum. We can have a civil discussion about these things without taking things to personal. But thanks for your input.

Really? Are you reading the same forum where statements like "Why is everyone dog piling on Mark" are being made?

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I stopped reading after that one.

Congrats on your 100k of karma points that tell you me you make nothing but worthless posts like this one. Its awesome you have found a place where you are rewarded for wasting electrons.

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The point of the video is to show him that everything he complained about being "cheap & unfair" is utter Bullshit. All the stuff he complained were giving him cheap drains were executed just fine without anything cheap abut them. No extreme saves were needed to keep the ball in play.

Yet there are several forum posts complaining about how to fix STDM drains, along with pictures and instructions on how to limit them. Do you disagree with that?

#146 11 years ago

Its ok Iceman, those contradicting posts are necessary to break 100k. Because, you know, thats important.

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Is this the 1st game ever made where slight & minor modifications were made to make it play better? I changed a post on mine behind the center thunderstruck target. Took me all of 5 mins and about $6. Oh the horror!!!

Ill take that as you admitting its a problem, since you "fixed" it. So then why continue to try and state that its not a problem?

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Whoa! That really stings. I'm not sure, but I think you may have actually hurt my feelings!

Its ok, you got some more karma for posting this too. Crap, so did I, I really wish I could have mine locked to 0. Robin?

I am having a hard time deciding if this forum or watching Monty Python is more enjoyable.

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Wait, why did you do that? Didn't you see that video of professional Keith playing without having this issue? Here, let me find and post the link for you. http://www.youtube.com/embed/EinjiVirezg?autoplay=1&rel=0

How is it possible for you to solve this problem when you just proved it doesn't exist??

Read this again smassa. Apparently you missed it. You can just assume I put your cute little animation making "your point" here too.

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just because *I* (or you, or anyone else) get SDTM drains on occasion doesn't mean that it is a "cheap" drain, as we more than likely can do something to minimize it as shown by the video.

I would argue that succesfully making any shot shouldn't require a save. Missing a shot sure, but not making one. However, I do have some examples of older games, and KME (Keith) and MM (Mike Mahaffey) are amazing at this particular game. Bally 1985 Beat the Clock had a shot that was almost a requirement to keep play that often times sent the ball STDM. However, to compete in that game, you had to add time to the clock first before going for the points.

So what do you consider a cheap drain?

#176 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

If you drain from hitting the bell , guess whose fault it is ? YOURS!! If you hit the bell sloppy you will take it in the ass !

Based on the fact your user pic is AC/DC I am willing to bet you don't agree with anything that offers a point that shows flaws in the game.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

My big gripe though is when the cannon autofires and drains off that. They should have a short 3 second ball save off that so that you aren't losing a ball on something you have zero control over

Agreed, I hate this as well.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The bell is surrounded by a narrow lane with one entrance - the front. There's only one way to hit the bell. It was designed that way. Therefore, if hitting the bell sloppily is possible, the fault of that is Steve Ritchie.

Yep, a "sloppy" shot to the bell means you dont hit the bell and most likely didnt even get in the lane Or maybe a "sloppy" shot means the bell is swinging like crazy and you cant hit it again until it stops triggering.

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The magnets in X-Men grabbing the ball (even after a "made shot" that you refer to) and throwing it SDTM or directly in the out lane. You never had any opportunity to do anything about it.

Here is something most people wont do here, agree with you. Xmen magnets are cheap as hell at times, specifically wolverine. Fortunately, its so infrequent that it doesnt bother me. I can't say the same thing for AC/DC. Not to mention Xmen has way more interesting shot availability then AC/DC.

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thats all i needed to see. Thank you I can now ignore all of your opinions on the matter. Your judgement is clearly in question.

All I read here was I didn't agree with you. Sorry, guess I am not a sheeple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PDXGeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-else-not-get-the-appeal-of-acdc?tu=PDXGeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.