(Topic ID: 272885)

Does anyone else just like modern games?

By Jeffswack

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN7087 (resized).JPG
    d0e65774f7ba14a43edd092b5cc095a9a676e2e1 (resized).jpeg
    5b268987cba30633f9b16287acc5e40d9d609cab (resized).jpg
    ab6435f0c76bd88df68d363fcbfe4f2a9703721d (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSCN7082 (resized).JPG
    FB_IMG_1593878283306 (resized).jpg
    AC935A99-CD86-47C2-A745-244B9E6E71BD (resized).jpeg
    Resized_15946456146212371012917672479985_21431624458362 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

Any games that require strategy and difficult shots can be fun. IMHO, if you don't find other machines fun, you're simply not getting it. I was in the rut for a while with only playing 90s w/b until tournament play forced me to learn older games. They are just different. Equally fun, but refreshingly different, even ems are fun. New Stern's are great to learn trap and shoot. Again, different and fun.

My Genie has been non stop fun since purchase.

#51 3 years ago

there are almost no "new" games that I would even consider purchasing (except for the CGC remakes).
    Maybe if I had room for 20 or more machines, I'd be willing to consider a DP or BM66, but as I can only fit a few games, that's not going to happen.
    My favorites are the 90's B/W, but I also love a lot of SS machines (like EBD and Centaur) and EM machines (like Atlantis and El Dorado).

Then you're missing out on the first games designed by a world champion. They are truly amazing in a home environment, even though they have absolute shit QC and build quality LoL.

#103 3 years ago

I don't get the criticism for long ball times. You love pinball, but playing it more upsets you?

I like fast, short games too, but a long-assed game on IMDN hits the spot just as well.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bospins:

I’ll say this:
    Most older games, and especially EMs, have sexualized or vaguely (or overtly) racist themes or art. I get that they are a product of their time and this is not a comment on their layouts or rule sets, but in my house, in the time through which we are living - it’s a no go.
    Of course there are exceptions but I suspect the above may be a factor in what ends up in the garage/basement/cave.

You have it backwards. There are exceptions that are non-PC, but the majority are just fine.

1 week later
    #137 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Everyone likes different things and it is not 'wrong' if you do not care for older titles or if you prefer newer titles.

WRONG!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-else-just-like-modern-games?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.