(Topic ID: 272885)

Does anyone else just like modern games?

By Jeffswack

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN7087 (resized).JPG
    d0e65774f7ba14a43edd092b5cc095a9a676e2e1 (resized).jpeg
    5b268987cba30633f9b16287acc5e40d9d609cab (resized).jpg
    ab6435f0c76bd88df68d363fcbfe4f2a9703721d (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSCN7082 (resized).JPG
    FB_IMG_1593878283306 (resized).jpg
    AC935A99-CD86-47C2-A745-244B9E6E71BD (resized).jpeg
    Resized_15946456146212371012917672479985_21431624458362 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago

I really tried to get into older EM's, etc. and they just do not do anything for me. I can usually only stand to play a ball or two before I walk away. Lots of older games interest me with sounds and art(ie. Stars and Farfalla) but when it comes to gameplay they are a snooze fest for me. I bought a Skateball because I loved the theme and art-that ended up being a mistake for me and I could not wait to get rid of it. Then I bought a TNA and it blew my socks off. While it is a modern machine(hybrid), it does have a single level playfield but does not play anything like older EM's. While I do prefer modern machines -I do like variety. From Barbwire, NBA, WOF, Rolling Stones LE with power ball, etc. You can have variety in a collection without having to have different eras of pinball. I love modern machines

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So, I keep a variety of older and new games

Glad to see you getting back into moderns. Is that Nimblenuts R&M in your garage? -You need to get that in the house. Hoping to come out once all this crap settles down. Let me know when you are done with Radical, it would look good next to Black Rose.

My thoughts on LED's are they only look good on certain titles. I am starting to leave all of my games original and am starting to appreciate the one's with incandescent light bulbs from factory. My LOTR is completely stock and I love the glow of the incandescent. I see some that have been modded out with LED's and to me it looks like skittles. Now there is Tron, that title screams for LED's and mods and makes the playfield really pop. TNA is all about the LED's. I plan on getting Elvis back and keeping it all incandescent. On a side note-I just got a JP Pro and I really like the warm LED's Stern choose for the playfield. They are subtle and remind me of incandescent. They fit the theme perfect.

Also probably a correlation with your age and what era pinball you prefer? Wonder how many 20-40 year old guys are collecting EM's? I grew up as a teenager in the 90's so that is what I remember and what I like. My problem is I like fast games with ramps, VUK's, subway's, etc. While I appreciate the older games for art and nostalgia I prefer the gameplay of games from late 1980's and on.

1 week later
    #124 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

The larger your collection gets the more you will appreciate the pick up and play nature of older games.

Wrong, I am up to 39 games and counting with zero interest in older games. To me older single level games are boring as hell and do nothing for me. Everyone likes different things and it is not 'wrong' if you do not care for older titles or if you prefer newer titles. One thing I am finding as my collection gets bigger is I pay way more attention now to themes and I now really prefer games I can relate to. Theme has become big for me in the last couple of years.

BTW O-din you know I am serious about Radical-pm me when you have had your fill (:

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-else-just-like-modern-games?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.