(Topic ID: 258894)

Does Anyone Else Do Their Own EM Call Outs?

By wolverinetuner

48 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by wolverinetuner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190913_203119_resized (resized).jpg
    20190913_203056_resized (resized).jpg

#1 48 days ago

I like getting a little animated when I play my pins (I have all EMs), and I have certain things I say out loud when I’m playing at home. When I get “same player shoots again” I yell “Free Ball!” When the Gator Ball is released on Nip-It, I say “Multi-Ball!” When I spin the captive ball spinner on FAN-TAS-TIC, I’ll sometimes say “Round and round she goes!“ (a la Cyclone).

I was wondering if I’m the only one crazy enough to do this (I only do this at home, not at shows or on location). Anyone else do this or something similar?

#2 48 days ago

There was a whole set of lingo where I learned to play that I've mostly forgotten. Some I remember:
    - Point ball: an add-a-ball extra ball for reaching a scoring threshold
    - Sife: Self Inflicted Flipper Error
    - Weebles Wobble: hitting a drop target but not hard enough that it drops
    - Cavity: hitting the gap caused by a dropped target between two still standing targets
    - Lazarus: getting a lucky bounce so the ball comes back into play after draining between the flippers

/Mark

#3 48 days ago

Ive been playing an Evel Knievel EM I restored, and it has a rather loud buzzer at 100K plus lamp, I cant help yelling "Over the Top" when I achieve it at the clubhouse where it is set up.

20190913_203056_resized (resized).jpg20190913_203119_resized (resized).jpg
    #4 48 days ago

The only things I yell out when playing pinball are expletives.

#5 48 days ago

When I drain I yell “FUCKING SHIIIT” in the Sopranos voice.

#6 48 days ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

There was a whole set of lingo where I learned to play that I've mostly forgotten. Some I remember:
    - Point ball: an add-a-ball extra ball for reaching a scoring threshold
    - Sife: Self Inflicted Flipper Error
    - Weebles Wobble: hitting a drop target but not hard enough that it drops
    - Cavity: hitting the gap caused by a dropped target between two still standing targets
    - Lazarus: getting a lucky bounce so the ball comes back into play after draining between the flippers
    /Mark

That reminds me of another one. Once when I was playing a pin with @sirscott , the ball went down between the flippers and bounced back up into play, and he said “Happy Birthday!” I’ve been saying that ever since. Thanks for sharing!

#7 48 days ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Ive been playing an Evel Knievel EM I restored, and it has a rather loud buzzer at 100K plus lamp, I cant help yelling "Over the Top" when I achieve it at the clubhouse where it is set up.[quoted image][quoted image]

“Over the top!” is a good one, I’ll have to add that to my “repertoire.” I used to try to set off the buzzer just about every time I played a Freedom I used to have (but I rarely did). That buzzer is a great feature!

#8 48 days ago

I like to yell callouts from modern games while playing EMs. Shoot the maxed out bonus collect, "SUPER JACKPOT!"

#9 43 days ago

I only do two different things when playing pinball at home and something major occurs - I either yell "YyyyyyESSSS"... or &#%$*@!!!

#10 43 days ago

Another goofy thing I like to do with one particular EM for some reason. After the last ball drains, while it's counting the bonus I always turn and walk away waiting to hear if I hear the "match" knock, then I do the "Yyyyesss!!!" thing, which is especially nice if I didn't win any credits during the game.

#11 43 days ago

I might make the comment,
    if someone bounces or nudges or pop bumper directs a ball
    backwards up thru a rollover lane,
    Saying "greeked it".

that and the usual expletives and joyous retorts when either failing to or accomplishing some feat.

#12 43 days ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Another goofy thing I like to do with one particular EM for some reason. After the last ball drains, while it's counting the bonus I always turn and walk away waiting to hear if I hear the "match" knock, then I do the "Yyyyesss!!!" thing, which is especially nice if I didn't win any credits during the game.

If I hear the match knocker, I’ll sometimes (sarcastically) say “I matched!” which obviously doesn’t mean a lot when all my pins are set up for free play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 295.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside