• Latest reply 5 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180905-192509_Gallery (resized).jpg
20180620_205249 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xeneize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Gang:

I own a Capcom Flipper Football that has a couple of rows and one column out for as long as I have owned it. After the game has been running for a while, usually one of the rows comes to life.

This game uses an extra large DMD (256x64) and I have searched for a replacement for several years and never found one - NOS or used.

Does anyone out there do DMD repair? I think this one could be helped if placed in the right hands.

Thanks!

#3 5 years ago

If the DMD is gassed out, I believe you are correct. This one however is just missing a column/row.

But, hey...let's find out!

#5 5 years ago

YeOldPinPlayer Yeah, I was hoping one of the known experts might chime in (or better yet, take the job). We'll give them them time to reply before I go the PM route.

I am not opposed to working on it myself, but know that it's a very rare item and therefore would prefer to let a professional work their magic.

Thanks for the link!

#7 5 years ago

pellew That sounds like an interesting approach. Do you have any photos of the repair? When you say "flat ribbon cable" - do you mean you just cut an old ribbon cable and extract a donor wire?

Thanks for your feedback!

#12 5 years ago

ccbiggsoo7 The unit in question, is not a standard DMD. See post #1

pellew Thanks for the additional photos!

#13 5 years ago

YeOldPinPlayer If you have a line on one, please let me know! I have only ever found one (advertised as NOS) and it was completely dead (outgassed).

I would gladly purchase a working replacement!

#15 5 years ago

Crash Now, THAT would be ideal!

I will reach out to them...it can never hurt to ask!

#18 5 years ago

Problem with that, @dung (I have an eBay alert to notify me whenever one hits), they are never tested. And not cheap enough to justify buying one in the hopes that it can be repaired. Thanks for chiming in.

@crash Good lead! @pinballsp has already written me back and said that while he had no idea a DMD that size even existed, he could possibly design me a replacement. No idea what that would cost and we have a lot of back and forth before we can do anything tangible in order to get him specs, measurements, dot pitch, etc., but it's an option to explore.

#20 5 years ago

kbliznick PM sent
ccbiggsoo7 Agreed. Rob is awesome. I'll ask him, just know it's not his normal job.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xeneize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-do-dmd-repair?tu=xeneize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.