• 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slicknick13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Doesn't it continue to build until all the lamps are lit? Maybe just let it light the top lamp and that's it?
From what I remember of KoS was that if you actually drop the card hands, you will get a MONSTER bonus.... but that's riskier than whatever people are doing with the right target. Are you able to test revisions? (i.e. do you have a rom burner, basically)

It builds 20k, 40k, 60k, 80k, 100k, 120k, 140k, Extra Ball, 160k, Special, 180k, 200k. Stays at 200K for the rest of the ball.

I think a good fix for that game would be to have to complete a risky task like the drops or the 3 "deuces" targets at the top of the playfield to increment the right target value.

2 weeks later
#29 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

So it increments itself when you hit it? Yeah, that sounds like you should have to do something else to increment it. Maybe not the drops because you could get it to high values relatively easy early on since the hands you have to complete are 'short'. The 3's targets are they particularly dangerous?
A really mean setting would be complete all the hands to advance it..... ha! Isn't there a spot card lane somewhere on the playfield?
Anything would be better than hit, bounce, hit, bounce, hit, bounce.....

Yeah, every hit is an increment.

The three "deuces" targets are only risky because you'd have to use the third flipper to bang them out or have a good shot from the lower playfield. But anything up there gets into the pops, so your risk is in their unpredictabiliy. They eventually max out on special too, but you get a reasonable "advance card multiplier" and 30k points for the other two completions. Maybe something like every time the three "deuces" are completed, you advance the right target, but the original 30k, card advance, and special only cycle every 1, 3, and 5 times respectively.

There are the 4 card rollovers at the top of the playfield, but I think getting up there and hitting them all is pretty tough and leans more towards chance than skill.

There's a "spot card when lit" on the outlane switches that feed the flippers. I would think for a good tournament player (I'm not one) that knocking hands out would be as easy as hitting the right target since it's less risky that moving the ball to the top of the playfield to get those deuces.

I guess there aren't a lot of KoS fans out there becasue of its right target reputation, but it could've been an EBD lite.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slicknick13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-create-custom-roms?tu=slicknick13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.