DSC_3021_(resized).JPG
LOGO_1B_(resized).jpg
DSC_3013_(resized).JPG
DSC_3007_(resized).JPG
DSC_3002_(resized).JPG
DSC_2997_(resized).JPG
360232565_(resized).jpeg
Volcano_(resized).jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I have plastic protector sets for all my games except Congo. I've looked around everywhere with no luck. Does anybody make a set or know where to get one?

#2 7 years ago

there was a vendor at allentown that was selling protector for what seemed like every game along with LEDs

i am sure someone will tell us the name shortly.

#3 7 years ago

Ya I grabbed ny ngg set from them but didn't see a congo one.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

there was a vendor at allentown that was selling protector for what seemed like every game along with LEDs
i am sure someone will tell us the name shortly.

I was going to buy a set for pinbot from them but they were missing many pieces that really should have been included. Whow as that vendor though? They sold one off repro plastics and said they had more that were not at the show with them.

#5 7 years ago

Hi Mitch,

I purchased a 7-piece Congo plastic protector set from 'Best of Pinball' on Dec. 8, 2014. It is a nice set of plastic protectors. I have the set installed on my Congo and they look and work very well. Below is the URL for the plastic protector set from them.

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13560

I see that the set is not currently in stock, but perhaps you could contact them to see if they are going to re-stock this set going forward.

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/contact_us.php

This set does contain a protector for the middle scoop plastic that is commonly broken on Congo which is circled in the photo below. Another option is to create scans of your plastics that need protectors and reach out to Pam at Pinbits and have Pinbits create a new set of plastic protectors for you. I did this with my JP and Pinbits created a new set of JP plastic protectors for me.

Gord

Congo_Protectors_(resized).jpgCongo_Protectors_(resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This set does contain a protector for the middle scoop plastic that is commonly broken on Congo which is circled in the photo below. Another option is to create scans of your plastics that need protectors and reach out to Pam at Pinbits and have Pinbits create a new set of plastic protectors for you. I did this with my JP and Pinbits created a new set of JP plastic protectors for me.

I did not know that you could do that. Contact pinbits. If any of your plastics are broken let me know and I can pull them from my game. Any that are broken on my game I have spares of as well. We can make this a joint effort. Has always bugged me that I couldn't find a set for Congo...

#7 7 years ago

I cut my own from a piece of .060 petg I bought online for about $10.00 and cut them out on a band saw, then sand them down to get themy to match up really nice. Imy sure you could cut them out using a cheap sabre saw also if you don't have access to a band saw.

#8 7 years ago

Highly recommend getting this protector

www.shapeways.com/product/XCQW9YNF9/congo-pinball-jump-ramp-plastic-protector

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I have plastic protector sets for all my games except Congo. I've looked around everywhere with no luck. Does anybody make a set or know where to get one?

Hi Mitch,

I have created scans of Congo plastics which I believe should be included in a Congo plastic protector set. The scans (JPG format) are below. The original scan files are available for download via the following URL:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskwSL7ZR

You will need to take these files and forward them to Pam at Pinbits at the following email address:

[email protected]

Hopefully these scans will be sufficient for Pinbits so that they are able to create a set of Congo plastic protectors. When Pinbits created a set of JP plastic protectors for me it took just under 3 months from start to finish as it all really depends on when they are able to fit the project into their schedule. Pam is very easy to work with and the final product is well worth any wait which may be involved.

Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

Volcano_(resized).jpgVolcano_(resized).jpg
Upper_Left_Flipper_(resized).jpgUpper_Left_Flipper_(resized).jpg
TraviCom_(resized).jpgTraviCom_(resized).jpg
Slings_Beehive_(resized).jpgSlings_Beehive_(resized).jpg
Skillshot_Amy_(resized).jpgSkillshot_Amy_(resized).jpg
Map_Scoop_(resized).jpgMap_Scoop_(resized).jpg
Center_Scoop_(resized).jpgCenter_Scoop_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Already have it its awesome.

Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Mitch,
I have created scans of Congo plastics which I believe should be included in a Congo plastic protector set. The scans (JPG format) are below. The original scan files are available for download via the following URL:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskwSL7ZR
You will need to take these files and forward them to Pam at Pinbits at the following email address:
[email protected]
Hopefully these scans will be sufficient for Pinbits so that they are able to create a set of Congo plastic protectors. When Pinbits created a set of JP plastic protectors for me it took just under 3 months from start to finish as it all really depends on when they are able to fit the project into their schedule. Pam is very easy to work with and the final product is well worth any wait which may be involved.
Hopefully this helps you out.
Gord

Did you ever send these to her? If so what did she say if not how come?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Already have it its awesome.

Did you ever send these to her? If so what did she say if not how come?

No, I have not sent these to Pam. I created these scans for you to send to her. I already have a set of plastic protectors that I purchased in 2014 from 'Best of Pinball' which is located in Germany.

Pam is very easy to work with. If you want a set of plastic protectors created for Congo then I highly recommend that you work with Pam and send her these scans that I created for you.

Gord

#12 7 years ago

If I had access to NOS or reproduction plastics, I could do this.

#13 7 years ago

I NEED that last plastic in the picture, joined a wait list, cannot get it anywhere, I even have the protector installed for it from Shapeways just waiting for the plastic to go over it.

#14 7 years ago

Hi, this is Manny from Lights out Pinball. We have a 9 piece Convolux fluorescent plastic protector set for Congo. They look really nice installed. For Congo we have them in green, orange, yellow, and red. The set sells for $79.99 but Ill make a coupon code to give everyone on Pinside 10% off of all LED bulbs for life , and fluorescent protector sets through the end of June if you register on the website. The Code is pinfest2016 and Ill create the coupon right after i post this.

We have the Convolux protective plastics for over 100 games right now and are getting new ones in all of the time. Most games come in 4 colors that you can select. There is also a map (which i will try to post below) showing the game play field and the areas that the pieces go in red for each machine that you look up.

We also have a full line of LED bulbs priced properly and mostly non-ghosting, as well as a large amount of premium rubber kits for almost every game. These are comparable to Super Bands and I am currently using Titan premium rubber parts in the sets.
We are located in Feasterville PA. We have a 50 pin showroom, and a pay to play and pinball parts store coming in June. We will also be hosting pinball leagues and tournaments starting in June.

Please give me a call with any questions.

Thanks
Manny
Lights Out Pinball
215-840-3147

360232565_(resized).jpeg360232565_(resized).jpeg

#15 7 years ago

I thank you for your offer lights out pinball but I can't stand florescent plastic protectors. I like to see the original color and artwork on my plastics . If you make a clear set at a lower price I'd be interested.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

No, I have not sent these to Pam. I created these scans for you to send to her. I already have a set of plastic protectors that I purchased in 2014 from 'Best of Pinball' which is located in Germany.
Pam is very easy to work with. If you want a set of plastic protectors created for Congo then I highly recommend that you work with Pam and send her these scans that I created for you.
Gord

I'll emailed her today see what she says.

Quoted from indypinhead:

If I had access to NOS or reproduction plastics, I could do this.

anybody have a set he could borrow. I bought a dirty harry set from him and they were really well done.

#17 7 years ago

No problem. The offer still stands for you and anyone else on Inside. Just sign onto the website and register for free and you get 10% off led bulbs for life . We are already priced as the least expensive on 90% of what we sell.

Thanks for the consideration anyway.

Manny
Lights Out Pinball
215-840-3147

#18 7 years ago

By the way. These go under your plastics and show up as a 1/8 of an inch or so neon like plastic. They dont take away from the original plastic on top at all.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Manny10:

By the way. These go under your plastics and show up as a 1/8 of an inch or so neon like plastic. They dont take away from the original plastic on top at all.

Ya I've seen them before and lots of people like them just not for me, personal preference, I don't like colored bulbs in gi either.
Thanks for the discount offer though it is appreciated.

#20 7 years ago

So I guess I'm out of luck?
I've tried contacting pinbits with no luck.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So I guess I'm out of luck?
I've tried contacting pinbits with no luck.

give it a few days, they usually take a bit to get back to you. Think it took a week last time.

#22 7 years ago

I'll contact Indypinhead, we are close to each other anyway.

#23 7 years ago

I have vectorized scans of all the plastics and have a plastic set ready to hit the laser cutter. Been traveling for work for a bit, but back next week. Would anyone else be interested in a set?

#24 7 years ago

I don't need the entire set, just that one plastic that always is broken, the last one in the pictures, if you can make extras of that one I would buy 2 for sure.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'll contact Indypinhead, we are close to each other anyway.

I think we can make this happen...

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I have vectorized scans of all the plastics and have a plastic set ready to hit the laser cutter. Been traveling for work for a bit, but back next week. Would anyone else be interested in a set?

any chance you can run protectors?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I think we can make this happen...

Awsome!!! the ones highlighted in post 14 are the ones that need protectors.

Let me know when done I'll take a set.

#28 7 years ago

I'd buy a set if you make them Indy. Want clear also and really not a fan of an $80 set of plastic protectors. Yikes!

#29 7 years ago

Mine will be 1/16 clear polycarbonate.

#30 7 years ago

I'd like to get a dozen people lined up to make this happen. A lot of work is involved in designing/machining these.

#31 7 years ago

Count me in for a set please.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'd like to get a dozen people lined up to make this happen. A lot of work is involved in designing/machining these.

Tim,

I will buy a set of plastic protectors from you when they are available.

Gord

#33 7 years ago

I would go in for a set price depending.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

So just to be clear. You are doing the plastics and not plastic protectors. Is that correct?

I will purchase a set of JP plastics from you when they are available.

Gord

#35 7 years ago

Count me in for a set please, indypinhead.

#36 7 years ago

were at atleast 6 already

#37 7 years ago

count me in for 2 sets in total now. Bellow is a close friend so we will be combining shipments.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'd like to get a dozen people lined up to make this happen.

Count me in for a set Indy, thanks!

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I would go in for a set price depending.

Me too, thank you!

#40 7 years ago

Illtake a set, price depending

#41 7 years ago

So that's 10 now?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So that's 10 now?

I think so after going through all the posts since the start.

mitch1985
Squeakman
mwong168 (x3)
gordonbowar
Bellow
Crispin

"in price pending"
lees parts
balboarules
Whysnow

** added another set for another friend so we are up to 11 now **

#43 7 years ago

In pending cost. As long as it's reasonable I'd love a set.

#44 7 years ago

Guys....keep in mind I do my best to keep costs down. The cost of polycarbonate is a LOT more than PETG. I also machine these on a cnc machining center. Fixtures and hold-down cap are required.

The time involved from beginning, (measuring the existing plastics), running prototypes to ensure proper geometry, transferring each individual shape into a production run set-up, designing/machining the fixtures/hold down caps, then lastly, to the end, (running a production run). This will take me all of 5 full day's time.

It's NOT as simple as it looks.

#45 7 years ago

Indy, you do not have to justify what you charge to make them, If it were easy we all would be making them. I just like to know how much I am committing before saying I am in for one, If it takes 12 people and I am number 12 and then find out these are going to be 80-100 bucks, I would hate to back out on you and screw up your entire project.

#46 7 years ago

I bought a set of dirty harry protectors off him and even shipped to canada they were a good price. Excited this is finally happening.

You can check out his archived market ads if you want to see his other sets.

#47 7 years ago

I am in pending price however do not want to spend $100 on a set of protectors.
Still would be nice to swap in all of my new plastics.

Why use polycarb instead of petg?

#48 7 years ago

Put me down for a pending price as well.

#49 7 years ago

I will take a set also

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I am in pending price however do not want to spend $100 on a set of protectors.
Still would be nice to swap in all of my new plastics.
Why use polycarb instead of petg?

My most expensive protector set, to date, is $62, shipped.

Polycarbonate is stronger than PETG...

If I had a laser cutter, I'd be cutting PETG like all the other guys...much cheaper, and a faster cutting process.

I've been making protectors for all of my pins over the years. Just started selling them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anybody-make-a-congo-protector-set/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.