• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elvis_012.jpg
King_#2.jpg
King_#1.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you know you can change the difficulty of the video mode (Level 1, 2, 3) by pressing the flipper buttons before it begins? Sure, it's always the same song but Level 3 is more fun and challenging cuz there are more arrows and they move faster.

It isn't so easy to nail the arrows on 3
You can also press 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R in attract for a secret message, I would tell you what it is but Tiny E swore me to secrecy.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

What should they have used, "In the Ghetto"?

I really wanted to do an "In the Ghetto" frenzy mode where every switch scored 10. Unfortunately we were limited due to licensing shenanigans to just using the couple of comeback specials he did. (That's why video of him singing is up there all the time, too.)

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you know you can change the difficulty of the video mode (Level 1, 2, 3) by pressing the flipper buttons before it begins? Sure, it's always the same song but Level 3 is more fun and challenging cuz there are more arrows and they move faster.

Yes I knew that. Levels 1 and 2 are completely worthless since a really bad run at level 3 will still give you more points than a near perfect run at levels 1 or 2.

#54 10 years ago

I really wanted to do an "In the Ghetto" frenzy mode where every switch scored 10. Unfortunately we were limited due to licensing shenanigans to just using the couple of comeback specials he did. (That's why video of him singing is up there all the time, too.)

Mainly stuff from the '68 Special my game is a "68 Special LE".

Elvis_012.jpgElvis_012.jpg

#55 10 years ago

I'm a huge Elvis fan, so I wished I liked this pin more. I brought one home one day, but by day three I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I can't quite put my finger on why I don't like it, but I guess Stern just couldn't do it right. I think if it was an older style like Ballys Rolling Stones then I'd like it much more.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It isn't so easy to nail the arrows on 3
You can also press 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R in attract for a secret message, I would tell you what it is but Tiny E swore me to secrecy.

The secret message, secret message.

#57 10 years ago

I would still have Elvis if I had the room. Great game.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So then why did he do AC/DC?

I dont think the two can be compared. Steve loves hard living, hard riding and hard rock. Also, he gets to be THE DEVIL in ACDC...so for Steve, ACDC is the ultimate game for him...what battle could be more intense than the ULTIMATE battle of good versus evil? With Steve himself being evil personified?

#59 10 years ago

Bought it off route sold only to upgrade to huo. Now that people can change music cuts it can only get better. Only thing I don't like is the looping music not being full cuts

#60 10 years ago

I've had ralphwiggum's HUO Elvis Gold for years and have loved it from day one. Near perfect game in my opinion. It's fast, funny, and looks (and sounds) great. Seems to get the most play in my collection (at least from visitors).

Yeah, it's doesn't do it for everyone but it does it for me.

#61 10 years ago

The game is great.Nuff said.

#62 10 years ago

I agree, elvis dancing figure is neat, but the rest doesnt do it for me.

#63 10 years ago

so what value should it be at? $3,4,5K?

#64 10 years ago

i found one on loction in a bank of about a dozen other units, my over all impression was wow it was way better than i thought, thought i would hate it- and it was ok, maybe even liked it a little.

dont see my self buying it but if i found one to play some place id stick money into it

#65 10 years ago

I would love to find one locally, enjoy the game and on a "under-rated" Stern kick right now!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

so what value should it be at? $3,4,5K?

well thats where it was kinda funny the mantainer at the local, thought it was worth towards the top end of your range- said its fairly collectable to some folks. and i liked it dont get me wrong- but i kinda scratched my head and thought id rather have 5 earily classic ss games and not one hunk a hunk of burning love

#67 10 years ago

I'd give it a chance - maybe - if it was in the mid $3's - but between the Elvis fans and the people who like it that seems a grand too low...maybe more. Being able to change the music and some sound fx would go a long way for me.

Change everything to "The Memphis Record" and then you'd have a GAME!

1 week later
#68 10 years ago

Having gone through the entire thread so far I'm glad to see others like it besides me yes it dosen't hit 10 of 10 but i say 6 to 7.5. I agree the music could have been better. Play could better but hey at least they made the machine. What dosen't make sense is if this machine sucks so bad as some seem to claim why dosen't the price reflect it? Machines that suck shouldn't be selling for 3 to 4k.

Suggestions for Mod/improvement full length songs and more of them, full color dmd and maybe a few rule changes,actual Graceland plastic with maybe moving gates.

#69 10 years ago

With the cracking of the acdc code I think the demand would be there to update the music.
I added the Mcfarlane figures to mine and they fit well.
I do have a mod in mind for the right side spinner area if I ever get "fun" time again.
Will have to schedule some E time in Oct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anybody-like-elvis/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.