(Topic ID: 204028)

Does anybody know where to buy a used/new Whitestar CPU/Sound board?

By Justpin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

520-5300-00 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I'm trying to find a Stern Whitestar board for a terminator 3 that i'm trying to get running again.

New/used/ broken..whatever..i don't mind what state

Models that i'm looking for are:
520-5300-00

or

520-5136-16

does anybody has a clue??

#2 6 years ago

Good luck. Hard to come by these days.

#3 6 years ago

Have one missing in the game?

#4 6 years ago

why is there no reproduction for these?

#5 6 years ago

If it's a sound issue you can buy a pinsound board to bypass that. You can also work with your distributor to get stern to repair it for a fee.

I agree there needs a be a repro board because you cannot find them for sale and they're not easy to repair

#6 6 years ago

The board is missing, so I need a new one...

If I cannot find one, i'm forced to create my own

#7 6 years ago

I called stern a while back and they said they are producing some, but no estimated time of completion.

#8 6 years ago

Need one as well for a client. Board is the worst corroded board I've ever seen from modern era.

#9 6 years ago

So nobody has a used board laying around?... It must be that somebody has a spare board...

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why is there no reproduction for these?

Brian Schmidt Mouse Trap 2K.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Brian Schmidt Mouse Trap 2K.

There are solutions to work around this problem, that's why there is a 520-5300-00, its does not have the BSMT2000 chipset...

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Justpin:

So nobody has a used board laying around?... It must be that somebody has a spare board...

You are assuming everyone on Pinside sees your thread. You should create a wanted ad in the Maketplace to aid in the search.

#13 6 years ago

There are some out here. People that do have extras won’t part with them as if they would need it in the future where would they get One. I have 1 extra board and I’m keeping it just Incase. Hopefully you can find one.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You are assuming everyone on Pinside sees your thread. You should create a wanted ad in the Maketplace to aid in the search.

did already months ago, 0 resonse

#15 6 years ago

How interesting. So, this is what the board looks like. I have one, but someone had removed U8 for an unknown reason and damaged a few solder pads.
520-5300-00 (resized).jpg520-5300-00 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How interesting. So, this is what the board looks like. I have one, but someone had removed U8 for an unknown reason and damaged a few solder pads.

That's the chip that goes bad and ruins the sound. I may desolder mine and solder in a new one to try and fix mine. Problem is the legs are sooo tiny

#17 6 years ago

Looks like it is a flash ROM chip according to the pinout on the board. Definitely, something I would only attempt at replacing under a 10x magnifying glass.

#18 6 years ago

pm sent

2 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

PM returned.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Justpin:

I'm trying to find a Stern Whitestar board for a terminator 3 that i'm trying to get running again.

So you really want the machine to rise? That sounds a bit dangerous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anybody-know-where-to-buy-a-usednew-whitestar-cpusound-board?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.