(Topic ID: 94171)

does anybody know how many ironman pins are being remade?

By cosmokramer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Anybody have any confirmed info on the number of IMVE that will be produced in this first run?
I have seen numbers range from 400 to 1500 in other threads...

#2 9 years ago

10,000 by Christmas.

#3 9 years ago

I mean, in theory they could make as many as are pre-ordered by distributors.

I wonder if we see a change in the way Stern sells; if collectors are driving the market significantly there's a big benefit for direct sales.

#4 9 years ago

I thought they said they were limiting the run to a few weeks, how many can they make in a few weeks?

#5 9 years ago

Three weeks equals 600 pins. 200 per week. Quoting that from something I read, maybe from Rick at PPS.

#6 9 years ago

Who cares.... The game blows!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

I'm sure there are some who like it and that's fine. I just think the game sucks. I had one on a route and it broke frequently, and I didn't personally like the game play. It needs two more flippers. Every time I got the ball zipping around the outside loop I would flip when the ball was were the upper flippers would be. Pretty boring game play if you ask me.

Chris Kruger

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anybody have any confirmed info on the number of IMVE that will be produced in this first run?
I have seen numbers range from 400 to 1500 in other threads...

It's a Pro, so - I'm sure they'll make 'em as long as they're demand.

Quoted from joemamma:

Who cares.... The game blows!
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!
I'm sure there are some who like it and that's fine. I just think the game sucks. I had one on a route and it broke frequently, and I didn't personally like the game play. It needs two more flippers. Every time I got the ball zipping around the outside loop I would flip when the ball was were the upper flippers would be. Pretty boring game play if you ask me.
Chris Kruger

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean, in theory they could make as many as are pre-ordered by distributors.

In theory, sure. In reality, they have to order a bunch of highly specialized parts in large quantities before they start building. They're getting as close as they can to JIT (just in time) manufacturing. They recently switched to a 'fishbone' assembly line. Still, the nature of pinball won't allow it to be 100% JIT. Gary Stern doesn't come in in the morning and tell everyone to stop building Mustangs and start building IM's. These things (quantities, etc) are planned ahead of time.

They said something about new (better) toys. I would guess they plan on building a few less (for spares) than the quantity of toys they ordered.

#9 9 years ago

From the distributors I called yesterday about one, one of them said they are making 400 only and the other 2 said around 500.

#10 9 years ago

Couple thousand sounds about right

#11 9 years ago

As many as they can before MMr starts to ship.

#12 9 years ago

I seriously doubt they will make 2000 in the first run.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

+1

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Yeah, no freaking way. I'd believe the 400 number and that they're selling out of them though.

#15 9 years ago

I was told 400 from a distro but who knows

#16 9 years ago

I tend to believe that the number is 400-600 for the first run... who knows how long until the second run...

#17 9 years ago

400 will be more than enough...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

400 will be more than enough...

I bet they are sold out before the end of the weekend...if not the end of the day...

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I bet they are sold out before the end of the weekend...if not the end of the day...

sure to distributors… that's always the case.

#20 9 years ago

Called my distributor today and said that I could not buy, they were sold out.!

anyone have a distributor that has an opening?

#21 9 years ago

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW MANY IRONMAN PINS ARE BEING REMADE?

No.

/what do I win?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Who is your distributor?

#23 9 years ago

Don't want to say, but would like to know of a dist. with an opening....thanks.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Don't want to say, but would like to know of a dist. with an opening....thanks.

I can't say...

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

If that is the case expect a second run.

#26 9 years ago

my distributor sold his allotment of 25 machines before the end of the day yesterday...he got five more this morning (of which I was lucky enough to get one) but he has more than likely sold out again...

#27 9 years ago

From JJ at GEX below is the letter he got from Stern "We have secured a short-term license renewal"

"Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Iron Man pinball earns great. We hear that over and over from operators. Enthusiasts love this game. We hear that over and over from enthusiasts. Iron Man has great game play for the casual player and for the expert.

Operators and enthusiasts alike have told us we should build more Iron Man pinball. We have listened, and we are bringing Iron Man out of our game Vault.

We have secured a short-term license renewal. We will dedicate our production line to remake Iron Man Pro game you know as a Vault Edition pinball for a few weeks, starting later this month.

Our technology and manufacturing processes have changed since we originally built Iron Man. Among the changes to our Pro games in general, and Iron Man Pro Vault Edition in particular, are:

--LED’s on the playfield throughout, including in the Iron Monger chest;

--Code light show revision to operate the LED’s and better display LED light shows;

--Cabinet decals, and the IM Vault decals will be printed on brushed aluminum enhancing the art;

--New modern metal and wood backbox, with red t-molding;

--Speaker panel decal matching the game art;

--Higher resolution backglass, enabled by new technology, which provides better detail and sharpness;

--One-piece, molded Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash action figure toys, which reduce breakage and extend life;

--Current design one piece auto launcher, which increases reliability; and

--Various fixes of code bugs reported to us."

#28 9 years ago

Game Room Guys have 3 on Ebay.

#29 9 years ago

Dirt cheap trading has some also

#30 9 years ago

$5095 on eBay. If we purchase via paypal the seller pays the fee's? i.e. It can be $5095, free shipping, no tax and no fee for using a credit card?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

my distributor sold his allotment of 25 machines before the end of the day yesterday...he got five more this morning (of which I was lucky enough to get one) but he has more than likely sold out again...

Please tell me your distro was JJ...that would mean I am safe.

#32 9 years ago

Odds are good there will be another run of 100 or 250. If the distributors sold out that quick, stern already has backorders and my guess is that they will fill them.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

--LED’s on the playfield throughout, including in the Iron Monger chest;

--Code light show revision to operate the LED’s and better display LED light shows;

--Cabinet decals, and the IM Vault decals will be printed on brushed aluminum enhancing the art;

--New modern metal and wood backbox, with red t-molding;

--Speaker panel decal matching the game art;

--Higher resolution backglass, enabled by new technology, which provides better detail and sharpness;

--One-piece, molded Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash action figure toys, which reduce breakage and extend life;

--Current design one piece auto launcher, which increases reliability; and

--Various fixes of code bugs reported to us."

^^^ All this stuff costs money beyond the original development costs of IM. I don't think they would blow all that coin on just one run.

#34 9 years ago

I wasn't in the hobby back then, but the Tron rerun I assume was the exact same spec as the original? If so, Id agree with herbertbsharp..

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I wasn't in the hobby back then, but the Tron rerun I assume was the exact same spec as the original? If so, Id agree with herbertbsharp..

Close. Biggest difference with the reruns is they have high rez decals, vs the lower rez screen printed cabs. Opinions vary on which is superior, personally I much prefer the decals, they look much better and in home use have little real downside. Translites changed over the runs, culminating with the infamous "Two Chicks" one.

#36 9 years ago

Like I said. Couple thousand maybe. Long term I can see that many selling.

If stern sells out of 300-400 in less than a week....well...

They are priced correctly!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Like I said. Couple thousand maybe. Long term I can see that many selling.
If stern sells out of 300-400 in less than a week....well...
They are priced correctly!

Indeed. Stern deserves some serious kudos for rereleasing IM without calling it a Premium
and charging more than $6k for it which they easily could have done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anybody-know-how-many-ironman-pins-are-being-remade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.