(Topic ID: 25639)

Does anybody know anything about Jamma boards?

By pinheadpuckguy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I bought a Pandora's box 310 in 1 for my jamma cabinet. I have a 18 in 1 CPSII board in there currently. I unplugged the CPSII and plugged in the Pandora and the vertical is scrolling and the horizontal is off to the left. I looked at my monitor and there is only a knob to adjust the horizontal hold. I do not know much about this stuff any help would be appreciated. The Pandora box isn't bad is it?

#2 11 years ago

I had a 1200 in 1 board do that in my jamma cabinet. There were seperate buttons on the board itself on mine. It has options to select what type of monitor you are using, like med res, high res. 60hz is common on med res. Also, there was a setting on mine that was PAL or NTSC(?). It's been a while for me, but maybe you can play around with those options.

If you get stuck, I can double check settings on mine.

Justin

#3 11 years ago

I am planning on getting this for my 4 player x-men dedicated cab. I hope it works.

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/2019-in-1-games-king-multigame-jamma-pcb-kit.html

#4 11 years ago

The monitor probably also has adjustment knobs you can't see directly from the back the are almost hidden on the chassis boards you could identify the monitor on one of the sites that show pics and then down load the manual it should show the knobs that need adjustment. These may look like small boxes with the adjustment knob inside and pointed straight up. The manual will help identify what does what. Just because one inboard works perfectly doesn't mean the monitor itself won't need adjustment when putting in a new board. You may need to get an adjustment kit from someplace like bob Roberts that sells the long plastic screw drivers for safety these may be necessary to reach the other adjustment points. Good luck with the Jamma cab!

#5 11 years ago

Might have more luck with stuff like this on KLOV.

#6 11 years ago

I know that JAMMA boards don't go in a pinball machine!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I am planning on getting this for my 4 player x-men dedicated cab.

X-Men 4 player?!? Go 6 or go home!

#8 11 years ago

I thought someone was asking about JAMMA boards, not nasty chinese multigame bootleg crap.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I bought a Pandora's box 310 in 1 for my jamma cabinet. I have a 18 in 1 CPSII board in there currently. I unplugged the CPSII and plugged in the Pandora and the vertical is scrolling and the horizontal is off to the left. I looked at my monitor and there is only a knob to adjust the horizontal hold. I do not know much about this stuff any help would be appreciated. The Pandora box isn't bad is it?

Do you know what make the monitor is? Some monitors have remote (wired) adjustment boards on them that are usually run to the front of the cabinet. They are usually accessible from the coin door (but I've even seen some instances where this board is under the control panel). There are also some monitors that have controls on the front (just under the CRT). Just remove the front glass / plexi-glass and look there.

#10 11 years ago

Not answering your question really, but to relay my experience.

I purchased and unmolested arcade machine and wanted to convert it the way you are describing. I went crazy trying to get the monitor to work for all of the different games, the problem was the resolution was never right for all of the games I wanted to play. I would get rolling (scrolling) on the monitor for many of the games while some looked perfect.

I ended up scrapping the whole JAMMA harness and monitor and put in a dedicated computer tower (with Arcade video card that allows resolution change on the fly between games), USB interface for the arcade controllers and a nice big flat screen computer monitor. I wished I would have started this way, I wasted a bunch of time trying to save the old 1980's stuff so it would "look right".

Not worth it for me, the resolution is now right for every game and I can put in and take out any game that I want. Also the games are the original software pulled from the old game boards, not a bootleg of original games.

I would check around on the MAME forums for info about getting the monitor working right, those guys struggle with those types of problems.
    Best of luck

#11 11 years ago

I figured it out...........thanks everybody.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anybody-know-anything-about-jamma-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.