(Topic ID: 179582)

Does any body else have problems in winter getting machines

By Mcshaney

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

barley_pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

I am in central PA also and here is my take on things. Buying & selling pinball machines shouldn't be done in the ice & snow and anyone with any common sense doesn't want to move these 300 pound beast on ice. In the Winter in the northern 1/2 of the US you just never know when that might occur so it is a PITA buying or selling because of that.

Also - anyone that knows anything about early pins with painted backglasses knows better than to move them from cold to hot or hot to cold. Way too risky with the chance of paint pealing or lifting on the backglass. So it is easier not dealing with that in cold weather.

With that said I am in the process of selling off 65 machines in less than 6 weeks and have found this to be a great time of the year to sell. I have over 1/2 spoken for from just a couple listings on the Pinside Marketplace and one machine listed on Craig's list. To keep from things getting totally crazy I have just been posting other machines at the bottom of those listing or in my forum comments about those machines. It is working great! Lots of people who have taken time to look at my couple machines and the comments are finding my other machines and machines are selling quicker than I can get them moved to the garage and checked. I am loving it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-any-body-else-have-problems-in-winter-getting-machines?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.