(Topic ID: 179582)

Does any body else have problems in winter getting machines

By Mcshaney

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

barley_pinball (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I have barley seen any machines to even inquire about let alone purchase and usually they are way over price for the condition that they are in .it seems November - February is like pinball off season around here .

#2 7 years ago

Once the tax money starts rolling in, pins tend to move.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Once the tax money starts rolling in, pins tend to move.

Tax money rolling in?

Damn, I always owe additional...

#4 7 years ago

I have barley seen any machines

barley_pinball (resized).jpgbarley_pinball (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Like a ghost town in upstate NY
    Got Kiss, Flash, and Judge Dredd pins listed on craigslist, and not a single hit.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

Like a ghost town in upstate NY
    Got Kiss, Flash, and Judge Dredd pins listed on craigslist, and not a single hit.

There's your first mistake. Selling pins on CL is an absolute waste of time.

#7 7 years ago

Lots more people collecting means supplies are lower. 10 years ago, pickings were much easier.

#8 7 years ago

Spring and summer cheap and people want to get rid of them.

#9 7 years ago

Actual I've had good luck with Craigslist, only problem's "low ballers" and waiting to do a trade

#10 7 years ago

With living Central Alberta, have been hesitant in buying EM games in the winter. Being that the backglass doesn't like rapid temperature changes. In the past I have used a thick blanket to wrap the backglass, then carry it out separately to the warm vehicle.
    A bit OCD but so far haven't had any accelerated flaking on the glass.

#11 7 years ago

I notice that pins tend to flood the market during spring and sit for some time but then they are all sold up by winter. Barely any new listings pop up near me during the winter. People tend to get cluttered and sedentary during the winter months.

#12 7 years ago

Usually busy from Oct (York show) until Christmas. Drops off a bit in Jan until tax season and gathers steam until Allentown show. Then dead through summer.

That being said, I'm going to have a Transformers for sale shortly along with a players Maverick. I have a World Poker Tour in the marketplace now and I am supposed to pick up a couple of pins over the weekend.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

and I am supposed to pick up a couple of pins over the weekend.

More??!

#14 7 years ago

Lol... guy I dealt with last year is getting out of the hobby. Offered me a couple of titles that I'm going to take a look at. Will see.. Bad timing but you have to grab them when they pop up..

#15 7 years ago

Im curious about what's going to happen to $4k+ priced pins in the marketplace with all this new expensive stock out there and people dumping their no longer nib toys. Should be interesting.

#16 7 years ago

I am in central PA also and here is my take on things. Buying & selling pinball machines shouldn't be done in the ice & snow and anyone with any common sense doesn't want to move these 300 pound beast on ice. In the Winter in the northern 1/2 of the US you just never know when that might occur so it is a PITA buying or selling because of that.

Also - anyone that knows anything about early pins with painted backglasses knows better than to move them from cold to hot or hot to cold. Way too risky with the chance of paint pealing or lifting on the backglass. So it is easier not dealing with that in cold weather.

With that said I am in the process of selling off 65 machines in less than 6 weeks and have found this to be a great time of the year to sell. I have over 1/2 spoken for from just a couple listings on the Pinside Marketplace and one machine listed on Craig's list. To keep from things getting totally crazy I have just been posting other machines at the bottom of those listing or in my forum comments about those machines. It is working great! Lots of people who have taken time to look at my couple machines and the comments are finding my other machines and machines are selling quicker than I can get them moved to the garage and checked. I am loving it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-any-body-else-have-problems-in-winter-getting-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.