(Topic ID: 231687)

Does adjusting one leaf switch affect other leaf switches?

By JerryM

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JerryM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I was getting a Pinbot switch 13 and switch 55 error on startup. Went to the manual and found that switch 13 is the left inlane and switch 55 is right sling. So I decided to play around with the left inlane leaf switch first. Used my tool to make minor adjustments and after a few attempts turned the machine on and both errors were gone. I never touched switch 55. I'm a bit confused as I was expecting to be adjusting both switches.

#2 5 years ago

It's possible that the right sling switch (which would be the scoring switch) has a wire that's barely hanging on and is making better contact just from raising and lowering the playfield along with probable inadvertent jostling of the wires near it. I'd still inspect it and give a bit of a tug on the wiring to make sure its solid.

1 week later
#3 5 years ago

Thank you for your help. Switch 55 error came back after a raising and lowering the playfield. I checked all the wires at the sling but they are all tight and connections look good even under magnification. Maybe the connection is loose at the board? Do I try to trace the wires? uhg. 7 wires route into the harness and few others are local like to the coil etc. Whats the best way forward?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-adjusting-one-leaf-switch-affect-other-leaf-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.