• Latest reply 2 years ago by newmantjn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190819_171237 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

My roto wheel is not lining up correctly, does anyone have any tips on setting up for correct alignment?

#2 4 years ago

Look at 1st two pages. Better than me babbling! Hope this helps.

https://images.pinside.com/2/3f/fd/23ffdd15cd2733fda8c1787425fe4f69158908f9.pdf

#3 4 years ago

Dodge City has a projection roto unit under the playfield, not a target roto unit. If I remember right, the mounting holes for the whole unit are slotted. You need to loose my the mounting hardware and adjust as necessary. Note that each insert has lamp beneath it and if the lamp bracket is bent, it can look like it is out of alignment because of the angle of the light.

#4 4 years ago

Wow that is the first time I have seen an extract from 'GTB On Target' which provides very detailed and helpful info.

#5 4 years ago

The mechanism is similar to a normal roto target. These disks are also prone to warping, which can cause issues with alignment and size of the projection. Some areas might look good while others are off. Rotate the disk manually and see how much if any it is warped.

I am in the middle of a playfield swap on my Dodge City, so will be watching this thread and will offer up any more tips when I get to tweaking out the game play. One other pointer that I found on my Paradise is that the adjustment of the light sockets themselves makes a difference and it also seems to work best with real bulbs instead of LEDs. Regular bulbs are a single pinpoint of light that helps keep the image more clear and focused.

#6 4 years ago

One of the light sockets on my Dodge City roto unit is dim and I have been unable to repair it despite my best efforts. They have a very long bracket shank. Has anyone found a source for a replacement for these? (No PBR doesn’t have them.)

#7 4 years ago

Ok, I got mine adjusted and working correctly. Thank you for posting the adjustment instructions. I took it apart, cleaned everything and oiled all moving parts. I then loosened the 2 allen set screws that hold the wheel to the shaft. I aligned the wheel and locked in set screws. I noticed it was still off some and it was because my lights where not perfectly centered under the inserts and it was throwing the projection of the image off. So I centered the lamp socket and bulbs and it is good to go now.

Note: make sure to have a long 1/8 allen wrench with handle. Makes tightening up the set screws much easier.

#8 4 years ago

You’re quite welcome. Glad you got it fixed and enjoy.

1 month later
#9 4 years ago

Bought this yesterday off a guy who lost his Dodge City in a flood years ago. I have a parts machine that was missing this key piece. Was also thinking I could take it apart and scan the pieces so someone can repro it.

20190819_171237 (resized).jpg20190819_171237 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bought this yesterday off a guy who lost his Dodge City in a flood years ago. I have a parts machine that was missing this key piece. Was also thinking I could take it apart and scan the pieces so someone can repro it.[quoted image]

nice score. A scan so we could do some decals would be nice.

#11 4 years ago

For sure, please post or send the scans, much appreciated.

1 year later
#12 2 years ago

Here is the procedure that I just used successfully.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dodge-city-roto-wheel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.