• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Sinballer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4611 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinballer:

I'm trying to track down some schematics (and manual, if it exists) for a newly acquired machine (Williams Space Odyssey).
Someone pointed me to the IPDB, which then pointed me to Planetary Pinball to purchase.

I don't see any reference to Planetary on the IPDB page for Space Odyssey- where are you seeing that?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

It's a pop up that comes up before the schematic... encourages purchase of the documents and says that Planetary Pinball is licensed distributor for Bally/Williams documentation

I've never seen such a thing. Of course, I use a popup blocker... you should too.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinballer:

Thx for the responses & links.
I have already downloaded this PDF from the IPDB website.
Unfortunately, it's a little too cumbersome to try to follow this on my laptop - too much scrolling up/down, left/right.
I was really looking at purchasing a full sized paper version.
Alternately, if I had to I would print it out on several sheets of paper and tape them together. I can't seem to be able to do that though - it only prints 1 page with a portion of the schematic or the entire schematic "fit to page", which is ridiculously small.

Staples, or whatever your local office store is, can print you a large sized printout for something like $6.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinballer:

Thx.
That's what I thought. On my way.
While I'm here, I want to ask something else...
I need the schematics to try to track down a wire that's disconnected on my machine.
It would be easier to find someone with the same (or similar) model machine, to just send me a photo.
Is there any way to find other members who have this type of machine and may be willing to do this for me?
Not that I don't love poring over schematics, but...

You can go to the map of owners and see who has one-- send them a PM. But to be honest, it's usually not difficult to figure out, even without a schematic. Unless your wiring loom has been pulled apart, there's usually only a couple of inches of wire when one comes loose-- you've got a very small target area to figure out where it goes. Pics?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documentation-schematics-williams-space-odyssey?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.