(Topic ID: 237477)

Documentation on HUO

By marioparty34

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

64986071-68C7-4DAC-B8B7-E9EA8A5C1FF5 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello All,

Just got a NIB pin. In case I ever sell, what's the best way to document that it is a true HUO pin? Do you save the box or part of the box it came in or what?

Please share either what you do or what convinces you that it truly is HUO.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Save the invoice that shows it was sold to you and shipped to your address.

#3 5 years ago

Your sales receipt with your name and date on it. And the price.

#4 5 years ago

Shipping receipt with your address, box cutout of the model #, and a picture of your original receipt should get you more than covered. Have fun with your new game.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

Shipping receipt with your address, box cutout of the model #, and a picture of your original receipt should get you more than covered. Have fun with your new game.

Picked up in person, paid cash w/no receipt, and used box to lay on while working on the car. I really didn't think this through!

#6 5 years ago

I've never had any documentation

#7 5 years ago

How much did u pay ?

#8 5 years ago

There is really no way to prove with documents that a game is HUO. Documents simply prove that you may have purchased the game NIB or from another party. Documenting what happens to a game after it is purchased is difficult to do. That said, the condition of your game when you sell it will be the best fact to convince anyone of where your game has lived its life.

#9 5 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it.

When selling or buying, it will always come down to condition.

Even HUO can become trashed.

LTG : )

#10 5 years ago

What did you buy? If it's great and what you want, you may not sale it. Someone may inherit the "HUO" pin.

#11 5 years ago

I bought an HUO game today.

You don’t need documentation to know it.

It’s kind of like obscenity. You know it when you see it.

#12 5 years ago

Condition is king.

Documentation is interesting, but ultimately unnecessary.

I only have one HUO game. It doesn't have any paperwork with it, but it still really stands out from all the others just because of its condition.

The best thing you can do is take care of the game. Keep it out of sunlight, put down mylar in high wear areas, keep it clean, wax it regularly, change out the balls when they start getting scratched up, add playfield and plastic protectors, cabinet protectors for the legs, and maybe a few other optional odds & ends to help maintain its condition.

It's like a really nice car. Keep it clean and looking nice, do regular maintenance, and you'll be able to sell it for a good price later.

#13 5 years ago

I take pics from delivery to my house, to all aspects of unboxing. Its also good for insurance purposes.

#14 5 years ago
    64986071-68C7-4DAC-B8B7-E9EA8A5C1FF5 (resized).jpeg64986071-68C7-4DAC-B8B7-E9EA8A5C1FF5 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documentation-on-huo?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.