Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rivv
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87813964_1216464461889013_284433852695314432_n (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Anyone who has not seen this, shame.

#3 3 years ago

It's been YEARS since I've seen this. Definitely worth a watch.

#4 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the bonus footage available online somewhere?

"More than three hours of extra interview footage, including never-before-seen insights into the process of designing a pinball machine with industry greats Pat Lawlor and George Gomez."

#6 3 years ago

That documentary is very smart. It has a narrative. There are five phases of storytelling. If anyone is interested I can go hunt down my textbook.

Now Special When Lit is a shame. The filmmakers, in my opinion, took the lesser road and shifted to just showing the weirdos. It’s amusing in a way that should make us all feel a little guilty.

My book is going to be treat.

#7 3 years ago

I bought the dvd in 2009 Good.

#8 3 years ago

Sweet. I purchased that 2DVD set a while back. Lost
    Way better narrative about pinball. Special When Lit spotlighted some true nerds among the rest. I'm in the background during the Pinburgh scene, did not qualify as full nerd. I do know for a fact that a new documentary is in the works.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I do know for a fact that a new documentary is in the works.

About Pin2K?

#10 3 years ago

Watched it yesterday, was very interesting.

#11 3 years ago

i just discovered they posted this to archive.org the other day and was thrilled for the bonus disc. Being 60 mins long its required viewing by anybody into the hobby. it is funny to think that most of Bally/Williams staff have ended up at Stern... when they were blowing off the top brass at WMS with their suggestions on their games to Sterns new way of producing games... I wonder what they'd say back then if they could see what they're producing now.

*not that the Stern games are bad but we all know about how they're cost cut to death etc.

**Rivv great profile picture too

#12 3 years ago

Hi all,
    I've never seen the extra footage. Can anyone explain how to do this via the archive site? Did not see any way to view or download the content.

Thanks,

Jim

#13 3 years ago

I've shown this doc to friends, they all love it's smooth approach to the subject. It's crafted to not only intrigue you, but it's also really sophisticated in its pacing. Other pinball docs seem a bit flash-bang-obnoxious by comparison.

#14 3 years ago

About pinballs resurgence. My mom being interviewed, she started playing in 1949 and has many years to go, she's only 94!

87813964_1216464461889013_284433852695314432_n (resized).jpg87813964_1216464461889013_284433852695314432_n (resized).jpg
    #15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Hi all,
    I've never seen the extra footage. Can anyone explain how to do this via the archive site? Did not see any way to view or download the content.
    Thanks,
    Jim

You have to download the ISO and burn to a double density disc or use ripping tool of choice to break it up after extracting the VOB files.

Its over 5 hours of footage. I broke it up and ripped to MP4 format.

#16 3 years ago

I was able to open it directly with VLC, thanks for the info of course.

#17 3 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/TILT-Battle-Save-Pinball-Two-Disc/dp/B000OV967S

Looks like a rare DVD set for $50. I'm in, can't wait to see three hours of extra footage.

#18 3 years ago

By coincidence, I watched both discs last week. The film maker, Greg Maletic, was a speaker at Pacific Pinball Expo and shared the backstory of the film. Greg was going to make a film about ‘success/failure’ and stumbled across the P2K story which perfectly suited his needs. The film captures the history of pinball sales and the mood at WMS durning the mid to late 90’s.

The bonus footage contains interviews, WB & Playboy, and Other similar topics. Best film on
    pinball, IMHO.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

**Rivv great profile picture too

Thanks! I'm a big RDJ fan so dig your pic too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documentary-throwback-tilt-williams-pinball2000-story and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.