Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DoctorWho (resized).jpg
WH20 (resized).jpg
IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9108 (resized).jpeg
DSCF3567 (resized).JPG
20230519_164113 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 months ago

I was so psyched to restore a WH20, then once it was finished and I started it up it hollered “HOWDY PARTNER” and started up some of the worst pinball music I have ever heard. Guess I’m the past is only played in noisy arcades or shows, but damn!
It’s certainly fun and “feels” like the theme, but I bored of it pretty quickly, which really surprised me. Another “grail” I could never afford for myself that I was able to let go of once I had one in the shop.

I’ve only played DW at shows or on location so who knows if it would hold up for me if I had one here, but I love that it builds on the PinBot mechanism so satisfyingly, the side ramp to flipper combo is terrific, and it really drew me in just by way of casual play and trying to figure out the shots. I’ve never played it and understood what I was doing, but again, it was at shows and the like when I did play it.

Current prices on both are insane if you ask me. Whitewater requires substantial maintenance and cleaning, and there are a lock of boat anchors out there selling at prices that are divorced from any grounded definition of value. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#37 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I love that there really is no "end" of it. You keep going and scoring incrementally more points the farther you get.

That’s key. I had a TOTAN here for a couple years, it was on extended loan from a friend who knew it was a Grail for me.
I got so bored with it! It’s still a gorgeous machine, and the flow is great, I still love those things about it, but man, getting to the genie, losing, and then just starting back from square one? Or, just as bad, beating the genie and then just being all “well, I guess I’m finished now”, lol.

If I was gonna invest in a 90s pin, Dr.Who is a top contender. Up there with Judge Dredd and No Fear for me. (If No Fear had a cooler theme or said STAR WARS on it it would probably be more of an “A-List” game at this point!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-vs-whitewater?tu=sethbenjamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.