DSCF3126 (resized).JPG
DSCF3127 (resized).JPG
DSCF3116 (resized).JPG
IMG_20221230_212046788 (resized).jpg
DSCF3128 (resized).JPG
DSCF3127 (resized).JPG
DSCF3126 (resized).JPG
DSCF3125 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

This MkII kit is an upgrade of the first kit that's been under testing, I recommend reading about the first kit if you're not familiar with it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-doctor-who-mpf-elevator-2nd-mod
This is a Interest / Waiting List!
It's been more than two years since I started this so please have patient with production, I'll make these kits when I find the time so waiting time may vary and be long!
I'll get in contact when it's your turn and I don't want to take pre orders or money in advance, it's fine to refrain from buying this kit or if you wish to make some changes when the turn comes to you, PayPal payment in sek before shipping after the kit is finished, with currency rate at the time.
A 5% donation will be generated to Pinside for each sale.
An Initial Batch of 10 kits will be made at first and evaluated.
1 Kit/Member as a start for these first 10 kits!
I'll have to set some limits for coming orders as well depending on interest, about 2-3 kits/member to begin with.
This kit replaces the inner bracket, all five metal rollers, their washers and the upper brace.
In order to install this kit you need the outer bracket with optos, a fully functional motor and gearbox with its bracket, these parts should be intact without any major damage.
Three holes in the bottom of the Outer Bracket has to be drilled to install the Bottom Reinforcement.
If you choose to use the Original Cam, a 5mm hole has to be drilled through the small shaft and a piece of one opto slot has to be cut away to achieve correct height in the middle lift position.
Updates made from the first kit:
* Thicker shafts which can be used with three different types of bearings on the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Units:
#1 IGUS Type Bearing of Solid Polymer RJMP-01-06, these bearings was what I initially planned to use but they were not available for the thinner shafts on the MkI Kit, these are what I recommend!
#2 Linear Ball Bearing LM6UU, used on the MkI Kit, still working fine in the MkI Beta kits.
#3 Self Lubricating Graphite Brass Bearings JDB LM6UU LM6, not tested and more expensive, these will be sold separately as an option but I don't consider them to be suitable for this application.
* Some parts is now being FDM Printed in PC and PETG.
* New design for the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit for the Larger Bearings.
* New design for the Lower Linear Shaft Attachment for the Thicker Shafts with damping and more material for the shaft attachments.
* Bracket Chims of PETG for leveling the Mini Playfield against the Playfield included.
* Modified Cam available as an Option, the Original Cam can still be used but has to be modified as in the first kit.
* Brass Connecting Hex Rod instead of Aluminium, Aluminium still available.
* Some measurement changes.
The parts thats now being replaced by 3D printed PC and PETG is in bottom and on the sides of the bracket since these parts mainly acts as guiding and are not under much force or pressure:
# The Lower Linear Shaft Attachment PC.
# The Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit PC.
# The Outer Linear Rail Attachment PETG, Aluminium available as an option.
# The Outer Bracket Bottom Reinforcement PETG, Aluminium available as an option.
I've researched and tested different types of plastics and brands for these parts and found what i required in desired strength and toughness, these parts are all 100% Infill PETG and PC (Makrolon/Lexan).
The Upper and Lower Linear Shaft pieces can be developed if therés a demand of Aluminium instead, but pricing will end up above 3000sek for a complete kit of Aluminium.
Available colours for the Outer Linear Rail Attachment and the Bottom Reinforcement made of PETG:
# Jet Black 9005
# Sapphire Blue RAL 5003
# Slate Grey RAL 7015
Other Colours on demand.
Inner Linear Shaft parts of PC is made in Black only.
Parts attached to the Mini Playfield is still made from aluminium, the kit have not yet been confirmed to fit with the cpr repro mini playfield.
The kit has been installed and tested with the 3D printable opto cover made by jmathews https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2387162
Prices in Sek
Basic Kit 1800 sek + Trackable Shipping, Postnord prices 190103; USA & Canada +147,20 sek, Europe +184 sek, Sweden +63 sek.
[quoted image]
Thanks to dahlman at Degerforce Pinball for development of the Modified Cam that Im now able to offer for sale as well.
This Cam has correct height for the elevator in both middle positions.
Note that this Cam has a Round hole and is missing the D arbor hole, it has two sturdy set screws instead and is made of thicker sheet metal, this Cam has been up for testing during the past 6 month now, limited at this point to one/kit.
1pcs Modified Cam, One Offer/Kit, 600 sek, Raw Sand Blasted Steel if you wish to paint it yourself + extra shipping cost, Postnord prices 190103; USA & Canada +64 sek, Europe +100 sek, Sweden +32 sek.
Add +100 sek extra for Black Matte powder coated version.
Aluminium Options:
(Esthetically only, PETG will perform likewise)
2pcs Outer Linear Rail Attachment in Aluminium instead of PETG, with Logo and Unique Tag/Three Digit/Letter/Symbol, add 500sek.
As an example there will be only one WHO Kit made, payment before engraving though.
1pcs Outer Bracket Bottom Reinforcement of Aluminium with Logo instead of PETG, add 200sek.
[quoted image]
Therés No Guarantees with this kit, All work, installation or operation with the elevator is at your own risk and responsibility!
I'll do my best to support you though.
This is mainly functional parts, visible imperfections will occur on some surfaces!
This kit will not solve any problems if you're using a bad gearbox with Stripped Gears or a Wobbling Main Shaft.
Any additional costs like customs or taxes is not included, shipping prices may vary.
Put your interest in this thread If you're fine with these conditions.
Add which options and colour you want, not necessary but it's helpful when I'm buying more material.
Claim your TAG/Three Digit/Letter/Symbol if you're looking to buy the Aluminium Outer Linear Rail Attachment Option.

Please add me to the list. Great job!!

1 month later
#19 5 years ago

Kit is in my hands, just need to free up time to install. Very excited for this kit and to finish my restoration of Doctor Who....more pics n details to follow

1 month later
#25 5 years ago

The kit is very easy to intall. The directions are clear and guide you through nicely. I only had a few instances where I had to email Ulf for clarification qnd he gave excellent direction and support. I will be uploading all my progress soon.

1 week later
#57 4 years ago

I spent a few hours with this kit.

Be sure to have a drill press and quality cobalt drill bits. I also have a coordinate table, and I still mounted the bracket to a piece of wood for stability when drilling. I also cut a small piece of wood to place under the bracket to prevent "bowing" when drilling. May have been overkill, but the bracket is not available.

Measure and mark your bracket and verify the measurements. Take notes.

Ulf's guide is very helpful, and I will providing feedback to.him on what he can include in his manual to help others.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Do you think there's some kind of template that could be printed to make the measurements idiot proof?

I can sit down and make one, but ideally measuring is the best way to go. Ulf has really solid instructions and with my comments to him I think the novice user will have very little trouble doing this retrofit.

I have made a few drawings already, but I will make a few templates and see if they are worthwhile.

Ken

4 weeks later
#65 4 years ago

Kit is almost finished and installed. just debugging it. Here is a vid of it

#66 4 years ago

Just know this kit is fantastic. It is very easy to install. You will need a drill press, cobalt drill bits and good measuring tools. Layout is very critical.

The up and down adjustment for the MPF was well thought out and it is easy to adjust. I am glad to have been a part of this test group, as Ulf has been so helpful. I have providing feedback for both instructions and the unit itself.

There is no way for a template to be made for installation. I had several of my machinist friends look at this and all said measure, measure and take your time.

Thanks

Ken

2 weeks later
#68 4 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

I figured a 3D printed drill template could work for the reinforcement so I came up with these two, made of PETG but PLA will be fine too.
They will be able buy or download, I just want to verify them after drilling before uploading them to Thingerverse.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job Ulf. I hope this helps those who are nervous about installing the kit. These will save time and hopefully prevent any mistakes that could happen from measuring incorrectly.

I almost wish I had another Dr. Who, so I could try this template and provide feedback.

Ulf did a an amazing job with this kit and his instructions. I only had a few 100 questions for Ulf, LOL and he did an amazing job answering them and helping me with my kit.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

No problem, your feedback is very valuble to me for the improvement if this kit and the manual.

I sent you a pm and well look in to what might be the cause of this and see how it can be handled in the best way.

I saw that the wires were close, but I just adjusted them, to avoid the interference.

3 weeks later
#75 4 years ago
Quoted from D3icidal:

This looks amazing!
Please add me to the list for the Kit + Cam Kit, blue-fine
So to send to US It seems like it should be 1800 (kit) + 600 (cam) + 100 (blue fine texture matte) + 150 (us shipping) + fees = ~2600 SEK, correct?
Will I be able to do this with a vise and handheld drill or do I need a drill press?
How much is the template?

It is fairly easy. A drill press is recommended, do not use a small 18" press because the main assembly plus your drill bit will require the extra height.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm interested, I might be missing something, but cant they be supplied already drilled?

No. Your Main bracket needs to be drilled out to accept the kits parts. You drill out the Main Aseembly and Motor bracket. Hence, why Ulf made a nice template. It is easy to measure, but his Add-on templates are worth the money if you are uneasy with precise measurements on metal without proper tools.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from D3icidal:

Thanks for the info. I might just make a jig and use a drill guide, don't exactly have room in my nyc apartment for a drill press just for this project.

Buy a press, then return it. One and done. Boom.

#80 4 years ago

Here is a pic of both parts, I already drilled the main assembly and marked the Motor bracket for the center bolt

20190514_154207 (resized).jpg20190514_154207 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#89 4 years ago

Wow, this board is now a must have. Just the fact you have up/down independent now is a win. Ulf is correct in saying this board will save many many gearboxes. Great job on this.

Ken

2 years later
#169 2 years ago

FYI: I have a brand new Motor controller board from pellew that I never installed into a Doctor who. See pic. PM me for more information.

20211129_184614 (resized).jpg20211129_184614 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#195 2 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Replace your Doctor Who Bi-Directional motor board with this updated version made by @pellew. If the ball gets stuck between the main playfield and the mini-playfield, no longer do...”
2022-04-11
Cleveland, OH
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 139 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 110.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-smooth-lifter-kit-interest-waiting-thread?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.