DSCF3126 (resized).JPG
DSCF3127 (resized).JPG
DSCF3116 (resized).JPG
IMG_20221230_212046788 (resized).jpg
DSCF3128 (resized).JPG
DSCF3127 (resized).JPG
DSCF3126 (resized).JPG
DSCF3125 (resized).JPG
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#102 4 years ago

Interested in a full kit with combined shipping of the new motor board.

#103 4 years ago

How is progress going, how far down the list are you?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

How is progress going, how far down the list are you?

Not fast unfortunately, no kit from the second batch has been shipped yet which is my fault since Ive been occupied with other stuff, Ill start to get in contact with them now.
For thoose who is interested of the new motor board by @pellew, the code is not quite finished yet, over current detection is the tricky part since it varys during start and has to handle spikes too, the latest code can make a recording and store the individual motor current curve.
He is as busy as I am but owns a DW now since a few weeks back which makes it easier for him to test and develope.
The current queue of the interest list will take at least a year for me to finish, not optimal but its the reality and also why I dont take pre orders.

2 weeks later
#105 4 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

This MkII kit is an upgrade of the first kit that's been under testing, I recommend reading about the first kit if you're not familiar with it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-doctor-who-mpf-elevator-2nd-mod
This thread is the Interest / Waiting List!
It's been more than three years since I started this so please have patient with production, I'll make these kits when I find the time so waiting time may vary and be long!
I'll get in contact when it's your turn and I don't want to take pre orders or money in advance, it's fine to refrain from buying this kit or if you wish to make some changes when the turn comes to you, PayPal payment in sek before shipping after the kit is finished, with currency rate at the time.
A 5% donation will be generated to Pinside for each sale.
This kit replaces the inner bracket, all five metal rollers, their washers and the upper brace.
In order to install this kit you need the outer bracket with optos, a fully functional motor and gearbox with its bracket, these parts should be intact without any major damage.
Three holes in the bottom of the Outer Bracket has to be drilled to install the Bottom Reinforcement.
If you choose to use the Original Cam, a 5mm hole has to be drilled through the small shaft and a piece of one opto slot has to be cut away to achieve correct height in the middle lift position.
Updates made from the first kit:
* Thicker shafts which can be used with three different types of bearings on the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Units:
#1 IGUS Type Bearing of Solid Polymer RJMP-01-06, these bearings was what I initially planned to use but they were not available for the thinner shafts on the MkI Kit, these are what I recommend!
#2 Linear Ball Bearing LM6UU, used on the MkI Kit, still working fine in the MkI Beta kits.
#3 Self Lubricating Graphite Brass Bearings JDB LM6UU LM6, not tested and more expensive, these will be sold separately as an option but I don't consider them to be suitable for this application.
* Some parts is now being FDM Printed in PC and PETG.
* New design for the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit for the Larger Bearings.
* New design for the Lower Linear Shaft Attachment for the Thicker Shafts with damping and more material for the shaft attachments.
* Bracket Chims of PETG for leveling the Mini Playfield against the Playfield included.
* Modified Cam available as an Option, the Original Cam can still be used but has to be modified as in the first kit.
* Brass Connecting Hex Rod instead of Aluminium, Aluminium still available.
* Some measurement changes.
The parts thats now being replaced by 3D printed PC and PETG is in bottom and on the sides of the bracket since these parts mainly acts as guiding and are not under much force or pressure:
# The Lower Linear Shaft Attachment PC.
# The Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit PC.
# The Outer Linear Rail Attachment PETG, Aluminium available as an option.
# The Outer Bracket Bottom Reinforcement PETG, Aluminium available as an option.
I've researched and tested different types of plastics and brands for these parts and found what i required in desired strength and toughness, these parts are all 100% Infill PETG and PC (Makrolon/Lexan).
Available colours for the Outer Linear Rail Attachment and the Bottom Reinforcement made of PETG:
# Jet Black RAL 9005
# Sapphire Blue RAL 5003
# Slate Grey RAL 7015
Other Colours on demand.
Inner Linear Shaft parts of PC is made in Black only.
Parts attached to the Mini Playfield is still made from aluminium, the kit have not yet been confirmed to fit with the cpr repro mini playfield.
The kit has been installed and tested with the 3D printable opto cover made by jmathews https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2387162
Prices in Sek
Basic Kit 1800 sek + Trackable Shipping, Postnord prices 190103; USA & Canada +147,20 sek, Europe +184 sek, Sweden +63 sek.
Australia 259sek with DHL.
Overview of Lifter Kit Parts (updated 200106)
[quoted image]
1. Pre-assembled and Loctited connecting rod and center MPF attachment.
2. Pre-assembled linear rail units for Left and Right side, MGN12C-150 Linear Guide Rail with RJMP-01-06 Bearings.
2A. Pre-assembled linear rail units for Left and Right side, MGN12C-150 Linear Guide Rail with RJMP-01-06 Bearings. Lower Shaft Attachment of Aluminum, available as option, add 500sek
3. Outer Linear Rail Attachment of PETG in Jet Black or Sapphire Blue.
3A. Outer Linear Rail Attachment of Aluminum with logo and unique TAG, available as option, add 500sek.
4. Bottom Bracket Reinforcement of PETG in Jet Black or Sapphire Blue.
4A. Bottom Bracket Reinforcement of Aluminum with logo, available as option, add 200sek.
5. Brace with fixed c-c (center to center) distance.
6. Drill Templates for Outer Bracket and Gearbox Bracket (colors vary).
Thanks to dahlman at Degerforce Pinball for development of the Modified Cam that Im now able to offer for sale as well.
This Cam has correct height for the elevator in both middle positions.
Note that this Cam has a Round hole and is missing the D arbor hole, it has two sturdy set screws instead and is made of thicker sheet metal, limited at this point to one/kit.
1pcs Modified Cam, One Offer/Kit, 600 sek, Raw Sand Blasted Steel if you wish to paint it yourself + extra shipping cost, Postnord prices 190103; USA & Canada +64 sek, Europe +80 sek, Sweden +32 sek.
Australia +76sek with DHL.
Add +100 sek extra powder coated version, Black or Sapphire Blue, Rough textured glossy or Fine textured matt.
[quoted image]
Therés No Guarantees with this kit, All work, installation or operation with the elevator is at your own risk and responsibility!
I'll do my best to support you though.
This is mainly functional parts, visible imperfections will occur on some surfaces!
This kit will not solve any problems if you're using a bad gearbox with Stripped Gears or a Wobbling Main Shaft.
Any additional extra costs like customs, taxes or PayPal fees is not included, shipping prices may vary.
Put your interest in this thread If you're fine with these conditions.
Add which options and colour you want, not necessary but it's helpful when I'm buying more material.
Claim your TAG/Three or Two Digit/Letter/Symbol if you're looking to buy the Aluminium Outer Linear Rail Attachment Option.

3 weeks later
#106 4 years ago

Hello, please add me

1 week later
#107 4 years ago

Please add me to the list. Happy to pay upfront.

1 week later
#108 4 years ago

Price update of the Basic Kit, 2000sek instead of 1800sek, will be applied on interests placed after this #108 post.

2 weeks later
#109 4 years ago

@darkpinball

I watched the first video that Ulf put out when this mod was just an idea! I told Ulf I wanted one even before he sent out his first test kits! He told me I would have to be patient because it would take at least a year before he got to that point .He wanted to make sure that they were reliable and that they would hold up for a long time .So I waited …. well I did message Ulf a few time (Thanks for being Kind Ulf ! ) He could of told me to quit bothering him but he always told me where he was at with the project and to be patient haha ! I've have been told I'm not a patient person mostly by my wife ! So anyway :

I bought 2kits as I am restoring two DW games ( I think for my 2 daughters( I'm 62 now damn that seems old when I write it !!!) and I figure if I give them each one that every time they play it or have to move it they will think of me !!!! .

So I got one kit installed so far and it was really pretty easy . The hard part is if you haven't had the elevator out 10 times already I would say that you should download Rich Fazio's very well written and invaluable write up on exactly what you need to do to get that thing out of the game and pretty much anything you need to know about it !!

I purchased the cam that Ulf sells to. I would recommend that as well unless you enjoy drill and grinding ? I just wanted to get it put together and installed
so I it put together, I don't even think it was an hour?, it went together really well ! time fly's when your having fun, and I'm old remember, so I got that going for me !

I guess what I'm trying to say is Thanks Ulf for doing an amazing job on this mod....It is truly amazing how much of a difference it makes! It is so great that people like you with your skills are willing to make something like this for everyone to enjoy! Oh and again for not telling me to quit bugging and Buzz off , so you could get back to work on it !! !

Buy a kit you wont be sorry!

#110 4 years ago

Hello, please add me to the list for the kit plus the cam. Although my mpf works pretty well now, it's old and it won't work forever.

Thanks in advance

20200220_191543 (resized).jpg20200220_191543 (resized).jpg
#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdeyo57:

@darkpinball
I watched the first video that Ulf put out when this mod was just an idea! I told Ulf I wanted one even before he sent out his first test kits! He told me I would have to be patient because it would take at least a year before he got to that point .He wanted to make sure that they were reliable and that they would hold up for a long time .So I waited …. well I did message Ulf a few time (Thanks for being Kind Ulf ! ) He could of told me to quit bothering him but he always told me where he was at with the project and to be patient haha ! I've have been told I'm not a patient person mostly by my wife ! So anyway :
I bought 2kits as I am restoring two DW games ( I think for my 2 daughters( I'm 62 now damn that seems old when I write it !!!) and I figure if I give them each one that every time they play it or have to move it they will think of me !!!! .
So I got one kit installed so far and it was really pretty easy . The hard part is if you haven't had the elevator out 10 times already I would say that you should download Rich Fazio's very well written and invaluable write up on exactly what you need to do to get that thing out of the game and pretty much anything you need to know about it !!
I purchased the cam that Ulf sells to. I would recommend that as well unless you enjoy drill and grinding ? I just wanted to get it put together and installed
so I it put together, I don't even think it was an hour?, it went together really well ! time fly's when your having fun, and I'm old remember, so I got that going for me !
I guess what I'm trying to say is Thanks Ulf for doing an amazing job on this mod....It is truly amazing how much of a difference it makes! It is so great that people like you with your skills are willing to make something like this for everyone to enjoy! Oh and again for not telling me to quit bugging and Buzz off , so you could get back to work on it !! !

Thanks for your feedback and no problem with questions
I have some news to share too, code for the new motor board by pellew is finished and is about to be shipped with two kits during this week.

#112 4 years ago

I'd like to be added to the list, please.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdeyo57:

@darkpinball

*I should of added that Ulf did an amazing job with the instructions which made it as easy as it was to assemble!*

1 week later
#114 4 years ago

Can I be added to the list? Thanks! Want the full kit (Kit + Cam), aluminum preferred. Hit me up when they are ready and I can send you payment.

#115 4 years ago

Hi,
Please add me to the list.
Thanks.

#116 4 years ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks

#117 4 years ago

I was thinking if you somehow attach an ambu bag to this thing, you can create an emergency ventilator that can save lives. "World's first life saving pinball mod".

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I was thinking if you somehow attach an ambu bag to this thing, you can create an emergency ventilator that can save lives. "World's first life saving pinball mod".

Interesting idea, you would only need a skilled Doctor Who can keep the multiball rolling

2 months later
#119 3 years ago

hey Ulf,

I would like to get another kit ( in aluminum)( if your making them if not the other kind is fine) and a new cam whatever color is available . Do we order the boards directly from pellew or from you when we get the kit? Thanks

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdeyo57:

hey Ulf,
I would like to get another kit ( in aluminum)( if your making them if not the other kind is fine) and a new cam whatever color is available . Do we order the boards directly from pellew or from you when we get the kit? Thanks

No problem and thanks for further interest, all options are available but the waiting time is unfortunately very long.
The boards are a bit limited but we will do our best to make them available for anyone who has bought or buys a kit, I will ask about interest of a motor board when I get in contact and payment is sent separately.
We are both quite busy with other stuff and time is a problem

2 months later
#121 3 years ago

Please add me to the list.

1 month later
#122 3 years ago

Have 2 issues getting the playfield to work.

1: When in it's lowest position it's still a bit to high. What can I adjust to get it a bit lower. Do have a cliffy(next question) that will work as a mini ramp, so don't need to be lowered to much.

2: The chute's two middle post brachet's is just a bit to close to the installed protector and will get stuck and pull it up(glad I did this with my hand on the playfield switch) how do I get some clear space? When pressing on the protector with my finger it is perfect, so might need to epoxy that in place? But I would prefere and non-glue based solution?

Anyone have any ideas how I can solve this?

playhight (resized).jpgplayhight (resized).jpgshieldclif1 (resized).jpgshieldclif1 (resized).jpgshieldclif2 (resized).jpgshieldclif2 (resized).jpg
#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Magiske:

Have 2 issues getting the playfield to work.
1: When in it's lowest position it's still a bit to high. What can I adjust to get it a bit lower. Do have a cliffy(next question) that will work as a mini ramp, so don't need to be lowered to much.
2: The chute's two middle post brachet's is just a bit to close to the installed protector and will get stuck and pull it up(glad I did this with my hand on the playfield switch) how do I get some clear space? When pressing on the protector with my finger it is perfect, so might need to epoxy that in place? But I would prefere and non-glue based solution?
Anyone have any ideas how I can solve this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hello, this is a interest thread for the lifter kit but Ill do my best to help you.
Otherwise I can recommend you to reach out to pinball_faz in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-mpf-warning-keep-hands-away-from-mini-playfield-tech-club

The height can be lowered by adding washers between the gearbox bracket and the outer bracket, if you need to level it horizontal and have access to a 3D printer you can download theese shims https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3400186
Your bracket might be bent in the bottom because it is weak and the height problem could be caused by that, herés a bottom reinforcement to prevent that from happening
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3402051

You probably have to elongate the holes where the outer bracket is mounted on the playfield, this seems to be a common thing with the protectors, the lifter kit is adjustable to avoid this problem.

Hope this helps you, otherwise you should definately get in contact with @pinball_faz.
If you would like to purchase the kit you can add your interest in this thread.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

Hello, this is a interest thread for the lifter kit but Ill do my best to help you.
Otherwise I can recommend you to reach out to pinball_faz in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-mpf-warning-keep-hands-away-from-mini-playfield-tech-club
The height can be lowered by adding washers between the gearbox bracket and the outer bracket, if you need to level it horizontal and have access to a 3D printer you can download theese shims https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3400186
Your bracket might be bent in the bottom because it is weak and the height problem could be caused by that, herés a bottom reinforcement to prevent that from happening
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3402051
You probably have to elongate the holes where the outer bracket is mounted on the playfield, this seems to be a common thing with the protectors, the lifter kit is adjustable to avoid this problem.
Hope this helps you, otherwise you should definately get in contact with pinball_faz.
If you would like to purchase the kit you can add your interest in this thread.

Its easier than that.

Slide the whole assemby back a bit.

Elongate the metal holes if necessary.

Put a washer/shim under the rear mounting hole.

Tilt the mech forward until the height is perfect

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its easier than that.
Slide the whole assemby back a bit.
Elongate the metal holes if necessary.
Put a washer/shim under the rear mounting hole.
Tilt the mech forward until the height is perfect

Definately an easier solution

#127 3 years ago

Add me to the list of buyers for the next product run.
Thanks.

#128 3 years ago

Thanks for all interests, I'm doing the kits continuously now when I find the time, I'm at the end of page one so waiting time is still unfortunately very long.

2 weeks later
#129 3 years ago

Add me to your waiting list.

#130 3 years ago

Please add me to your wating list.

1 week later
#131 3 years ago

Please add to the list. I want the full kit (Kit + Cam), aluminum preferred. As well as the drill templates, too.
thanks,
Chris

#132 3 years ago

Can’t say enough good things about this kit! After about 8 months on location (I just pulled it a few months back due to covid) it’s still perfectly aligned and working flawlessly. Thanks again!

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from RCP:

Can’t say enough good things about this kit! After about 8 months on location (I just pulled it a few months back due to covid) it’s still perfectly aligned and working flawlessly. Thanks again!

Thanks for the positive feedback!
There have been some occasional issues with the lower shaft attachment, I've redesigned it and been looking for alternative materials but ultimately decided to use aluminium as option 2A seen in the overview as the only option, this means an extra cost for the kit.
Already sold kits will have the upgrade shipped for free and the first quarter of 2021 is a realistic time frame for theese to be delivered.

2 weeks later
#134 3 years ago

Please add me to the list as well.

1 month later
#135 3 years ago

I would also like to be added to the list. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#136 3 years ago

Add me to the list as well.

#137 3 years ago

Please add me to the list also

1 month later
#138 3 years ago

Please add me to the list to - full kit including cam and board if possible - any colour

#139 3 years ago

Please add me as well for the Full Kit II - and the board as well...... Thanks!

2 weeks later
#140 2 years ago

Small update, I have reached the end of page 2 in the interest list, about 45 kits and 30 motor controller board have now been sent, the upgrade parts has been shipped as well.
Naturally there are several unanswered pm and buyers who have regretted the interest, If anyone missed the pm, just contact me and we take care of it.
Ill continue making more parts during the summer.

I have made an opto cover for the five bank targets that are now included in the kit for those who want it, it fulfills the same purpose as those made by jmathews and @swinks.
Previous buyers of the kit can send me a pm and I will send it free of charge.

20210429_124207 (resized).jpg20210429_124207 (resized).jpg
#141 2 years ago

You really are incredible Ulf! So much work has gone into this project and all the additional energy you gave to improve this mech!! Sending additional parts for free. It’s too much!

Besides that you are the most friendly technician on Pinside. I’m sure!! I hope there will be a Twippy price for that next year!

Thank you again! )

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

You really are incredible Ulf! So much work has gone into this project and all the additional energy you gave to improve this mech!! Sending additional parts for free. It’s too much!
Besides that you are the most friendly technician on Pinside. I’m sure!! I hope there will be a Twippy price for that next year!
Thank you again! )

Thanks!
Im one of the slower though wish I could ramp up production.
dahlman and pellew has made big efforts as well to make this a better kit.

#143 2 years ago

Good news indeed. I am #18 on page three and will wait patiently. My Doctor Who pinball is playing fine right now, but will really like it when I can tear into that MPF again and make it perfect with these parts.

DSCF2086 (resized).JPGDSCF2086 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#144 2 years ago

Please add me to the list for the full kit! My MPF always seems like it is raising in an uneven fashion and ultimately winds up a little raised on the left side. Hoping this will help.

Thanks,
Chris

#145 2 years ago

Please add me to the list for the Full kit

#146 2 years ago

I’m in for one full kit as well!

#147 2 years ago

Please add me to the list , full kit including cam, pcb / board and opto cover ! Awesome

#148 2 years ago

Thanks again for all the interest of this kit, Im missing out on a lot of parts at the moment but will make more during the summer when I find the time, a kit + cam is about 10 hours of work from start to shipping with all the neccesary steps and I usually make 10-20 of each peice when the lathe or cnc is setup for a part.
Meanwhile have a nice summer!

1 month later
#149 2 years ago

A possible issue and a correction update!

I have found that the lenght between the threads and mounting hole on the rod end joint can vary a lot, it has been corrected by using a bit shorter hex shaft and some extra washers that can be removed if neccesary.
If anyone has a problem with not being capable of lowering the mini playfield enough to be leveled with the playfield, just send me a pm and I take care of it!
20210816_112657 (resized).jpg20210816_112657 (resized).jpg

To thoose who have recieved the opto cover, I managed to assemble the opto cover and shim incorrect, correct way to assemble them is pictured below.
20210816_103317 (resized).jpg20210816_103317 (resized).jpg

#150 2 years ago

Just saw someone post on the Facebook Pinball page that they had just received there kit. I am so hoping more kits are being made, so that I am able to get one. I was #12 a few months ago. I have bought new OPTO boards, as I am getting an error 71. (which is right most Opto mushroom). So I know I have to pull the MPF out some day soon. I also have to figure out why my left Lock light does not light. It had a new bulb, I checked the power coming from the power board too. So much to do, but waiting patiently for this lifter kit first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
£ 110.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-smooth-lifter-kit-interest-waiting-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.