Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by darkpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180401_233212 (resized).jpg
20190610_203300 (resized).jpg
20190610_203149 (resized).jpg
20190407_000259 (resized).jpg
20190407_000259 (resized).jpg
20190316_015901 (resized).jpg
20190201_112118 (resized).jpg
20190201_110841 (resized).jpg
20190201_110831 (resized).jpg
20181227_023351 (resized).jpg
20181217_223547 (resized).jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 61 days ago

Please add me to the interested list for a kit + cam

Thanks!

#52 61 days ago

I’d like to be added to the list. Interested in kit and cam.

#53 58 days ago

Will purchase! Please add me to the list for the Kit + Cam Kit

thank you, Hugh

#54 58 days ago

Working on my restore this summer, please add me for a full kit + cam. Thank you!

#55 58 days ago

Please add me to the list for the kit.
PM was sent a few days ago. Thx

#56 58 days ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Please add me to the list for the kit.
PM was sent a few days ago. Thx

This thread is the interest list so your place in the queue is your post #21, which is kit number four when I start shipping the next batch, probably after the summer when I have parts ready and some more feedback from the initial batch.

#57 57 days ago

I spent a few hours with this kit.

Be sure to have a drill press and quality cobalt drill bits. I also have a coordinate table, and I still mounted the bracket to a piece of wood for stability when drilling. I also cut a small piece of wood to place under the bracket to prevent "bowing" when drilling. May have been overkill, but the bracket is not available.

Measure and mark your bracket and verify the measurements. Take notes.

Ulf's guide is very helpful, and I will providing feedback to.him on what he can include in his manual to help others.

#58 56 days ago

Please put me on the list for a kit and cam.

#59 55 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I spent a few hours with this kit.
Be sure to have a drill press and quality cobalt drill bits. I also have a coordinate table, and I still mounted the bracket to a piece of wood for stability when drilling. I also cut a small piece of wood to place under the bracket to prevent "bowing" when drilling. May have been overkill, but the bracket is not available.
Measure and mark your bracket and verify the measurements. Take notes.
Ulf's guide is very helpful, and I will providing feedback to.him on what he can include in his manual to help others.

Do you think there's some kind of template that could be printed to make the measurements idiot proof?

#60 55 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Do you think there's some kind of template that could be printed to make the measurements idiot proof?

I can sit down and make one, but ideally measuring is the best way to go. Ulf has really solid instructions and with my comments to him I think the novice user will have very little trouble doing this retrofit.

I have made a few drawings already, but I will make a few templates and see if they are worthwhile.

Ken

#61 55 days ago

Please add me to the list!

Full kit with cam.

Ill take whatever you can make for me as Im late to this party. Aluminum cam preferred.

1 week later
#62 42 days ago

Put me down for one kit with aluminum cam and outer rail. Not sure of color option yet.

#63 42 days ago

I'm interested in a kit and cam.

1 week later
#64 29 days ago

Received my kit the other day. I won't be able to install for about a month, but the kit is AWESOME. Super nice manufacturing, and you can see in the video how well it works. Incredibly well designed.

#65 27 days ago

Kit is almost finished and installed. just debugging it. Here is a vid of it

#66 27 days ago

Just know this kit is fantastic. It is very easy to install. You will need a drill press, cobalt drill bits and good measuring tools. Layout is very critical.

The up and down adjustment for the MPF was well thought out and it is easy to adjust. I am glad to have been a part of this test group, as Ulf has been so helpful. I have providing feedback for both instructions and the unit itself.

There is no way for a template to be made for installation. I had several of my machinist friends look at this and all said measure, measure and take your time.

Thanks

Ken

2 weeks later
#67 8 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Just know this kit is fantastic. It is very easy to install. You will need a drill press, cobalt drill bits and good measuring tools. Layout is very critical.
The up and down adjustment for the MPF was well thought out and it is easy to adjust. I am glad to have been a part of this test group, as Ulf has been so helpful. I have providing feedback for both instructions and the unit itself.
There is no way for a template to be made for installation. I had several of my machinist friends look at this and all said measure, measure and take your time.
Thanks
Ken

I figured a 3D printed drill template could work for the reinforcement so I came up with these two, made of PETG but PLA will be fine too.
They will be able buy or download, I just want to verify them after drilling before uploading them to Thingerverse.

20190610_203149 (resized).jpg20190610_203300 (resized).jpg
#68 8 days ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

I figured a 3D printed drill template could work for the reinforcement so I came up with these two, made of PETG but PLA will be fine too.
They will be able buy or download, I just want to verify them after drilling before uploading them to Thingerverse.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job Ulf. I hope this helps those who are nervous about installing the kit. These will save time and hopefully prevent any mistakes that could happen from measuring incorrectly.

I almost wish I had another Dr. Who, so I could try this template and provide feedback.

Ulf did a an amazing job with this kit and his instructions. I only had a few 100 questions for Ulf, LOL and he did an amazing job answering them and helping me with my kit.

#69 8 days ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

They will be able buy or download, I just want to verify them after drilling before uploading them to Thingerverse.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! I will absolutely test these

#70 7 days ago

Installed the kit, its pretty straight forward with the modified cam. Only hiccup I experienced was that the metal bracket that attaches to the adjustable shaft was putting too much pressure on the opto target bank wiring and was causing the center target to stick in the housing.

Great mod.

#71 7 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Nice job Ulf. I hope this helps those who are nervous about installing the kit. These will save time and hopefully prevent any mistakes that could happen from measuring incorrectly.
I almost wish I had another Dr. Who, so I could try this template and provide feedback.
Ulf did a an amazing job with this kit and his instructions. I only had a few 100 questions for Ulf, LOL and he did an amazing job answering them and helping me with my kit.

No problem, your feedback is very valuble to me for the improvement if this kit and the manual.

Quoted from sparkup:

Installed the kit, its pretty straight forward with the modified cam. Only hiccup I experienced was that the metal bracket that attaches to the adjustable shaft was putting too much pressure on the opto target bank wiring and was causing the center target to stick in the housing.
Great mod.

I sent you a pm and well look in to what might be the cause of this and see how it can be handled in the best way.

#72 6 days ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

No problem, your feedback is very valuble to me for the improvement if this kit and the manual.

I sent you a pm and well look in to what might be the cause of this and see how it can be handled in the best way.

I saw that the wires were close, but I just adjusted them, to avoid the interference.

#73 6 days ago

Its quite tight between the opto bank and the stand up target, I dont wont to remove the washer either as its an important support for the rod end joint.
The center attachment has slots where its mounted to the playfield and can be adjusted a bit but the wires has to be angled right down from the opto targets.
Will take a closer look at this and see if therés any room for improvement or adjustment.

20180401_233212 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
£ 82.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Golden, CO
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PCB Emporium
Machine - For Sale
Saint Petersburg, FL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 109.99
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside