DSCF3126 (resized).JPG
DSCF3127 (resized).JPG
DSCF3116 (resized).JPG
IMG_20221230_212046788 (resized).jpg
DSCF3128 (resized).JPG
DSCF3127 (resized).JPG
DSCF3126 (resized).JPG
DSCF3125 (resized).JPG
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

This MkII kit is an upgrade of the first kit that's been under testing, I recommend reading about the first kit if you're not familiar with it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-doctor-who-mpf-elevator-2nd-mod

This thread is the Interest / Waiting List!
It's been more than four years since I started this so please have patient with production, I'll make these kits when I find the time so waiting time may vary and be long!

I'll get in contact when it's your turn and I don't want to take pre orders or money in advance, it's fine to refrain from buying this kit or if you wish to make some changes when the turn comes to you, unanswered pm more than 30 days old will be considered as a canceled interest.
PayPal payment in sek before shipping after the kit is finished, with currency rate at the time.
A 20$ donation will be generated to Pinside for each sale.

This kit replaces the inner bracket, all five metal rollers, their washers and the upper brace.
In order to install this kit you need the outer bracket with optos, a fully functional motor and gearbox with its bracket, these parts should be intact without any major damage.
Three holes in the bottom of the Outer Bracket has to be drilled to install the Bottom Reinforcement.

Updates made from the first kit:
* Thicker shafts which can be used with three different types of bearings on the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Units:
#1 IGUS Type Bearing of Solid Polymer RJMP-01-06, these bearings was what I initially planned to use but they were not available for the thinner shafts on the MkI Kit, these are what I recommend and is installed as standard!
#2 Linear Ball Bearing LM6UU, used on the MkI Kit, still working fine in the MkI Beta kits.
#3 Self Lubricating Graphite Brass Bearings JDB LM6UU LM6, not tested and more expensive, these will be sold separately as an option but I don't consider them to be suitable for this application.

* Some parts is now being FDM Printed PETG.

* New design for the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit for the Larger Bearings.

* New design for the Lower Linear Shaft Attachment for the Thicker Shafts with damping and more material for the shaft attachments.

* Bracket Chims of PETG for leveling the Mini Playfield against the Playfield included.

* Modified Cam is included in the kit.

* Brass Connecting Hex Rod instead of Aluminium.

* Some measurement changes.

The parts thats now being replaced by 3D printed MJF PA12 GB and FDM PETG is in bottom and on the sides of the bracket since these parts mainly acts as guiding and are not under much force or pressure:
# The Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit PA12 GB.
# The Outer Linear Rail Attachment PETG, Aluminium is used in the Premium kit.
# The Outer Bracket Bottom Reinforcement PETG, Aluminium is used in the Premium kit.

Available colors for the Outer Linear Rail Attachment and the Bottom Reinforcement made of PETG:
# Jet Black RAL 9005
# Sapphire Blue RAL 5003
Upper Linear Shaft attachment of PA12 GB is made in Gray only.

Parts attached to the Mini Playfield is still made from aluminium, the kit have not yet been confirmed to fit with the cpr repro mini playfield.

Two Versions of the Kit is available, STANDARD & PREMIUM

STANDARD LIFTER KIT:
3800sek + shipping cost, Postnord prices 230721; USA, Canada, UK, Norway & Australia 224 sek, Europe 292 sek, Sweden 118 sek.

LIFTER KIT PARTS:
20211103_100442_No (resized).jpg20211103_100442_No (resized).jpg
1. Pre-assembled and Loctited connecting rod and center MPF attachment.
2. Pre-assembled linear rail units for Left and Right side, MGN12C-150 Linear Guide Rail with RJMP-01-06 Bearings. Lower Shaft Attachment of Aluminum, Upper Linear Shaft attachment of PA12 GB.
3. Outer Linear Rail Attachment of PETG in Jet Black or Sapphire Blue.
4. Bottom Bracket Reinforcement of PETG in Jet Black or Sapphire Blue.
5. Brace with fixed c-c (center to center) distance.
6. Drill Templates for Outer Bracket and Gearbox Bracket (colors vary).
7. Opto Cover of PETG in Jet Black.
20210910_110152 (resized).jpg20210910_110152 (resized).jpg
Thanks to dahlman at Degerforce Pinball for development of the Modified Cam.
This Cam has correct height for the elevator in both middle positions.
Note that this Cam has a Round hole and is missing the D arbor hole, it has two sturdy set screws instead and is made of thicker sheet metal.
Powder coated fine textured matte, Black or Sapphire Blue.
20201009_111727 (resized).jpg20201009_111727 (resized).jpg

PREMIUM LIFTER KIT:
4500sek + shipping cost, Postnord prices 230721; USA, Canada, UK, Norway & Australia 224 sek, Europe 292 sek, Sweden 118 sek.

Includes bottom bracket reinforcement and L + R outer linear rail attachment engraved logo with or without a TAG of your choice, raw or powder coated aluminium.

Add 100sek if you would like to have a set of PETG parts included in the Premium Kit.
20211103_095507 (resized).jpg20211103_095507 (resized).jpg

OPTIONS:
B/W Printed paper copy of the latest manual, add 50sek (Downloadable PDF is free of charge)

The new improved motor controller board by pellew can be shipped together with the kit at no extra shipping cost.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improved-motor-driver-a-15680-for-doctor-who
motor board (resized).jpgmotor board (resized).jpg

There are No Guarantees with this kit, All work, installation or operation with the elevator is at your own risk and responsibility!
I'll do my best to support you though.
This is mainly functional parts, visible imperfections will occur on some surfaces!
This kit will not solve any problems if you're using a bad gearbox with Stripped Gears or a Wobbling Main Shaft.
Any additional extra costs like customs, taxes or PayPal fees is not included, shipping prices may vary.
A package which has not been picked up and been returned will only be half refunded.
Verified Pinside accounts only.

Put your interest in this thread or send me a pm If you're fine with these conditions.

#2 5 years ago

Really interested! Thanks for your hard work!
Please add me to the list

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

This MkII kit is an upgrade of the first kit that's been under testing, I recommend reading about the first kit if you're not familiar with it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-doctor-who-mpf-elevator-2nd-mod
This is a Interest / Waiting List!
It's been more than two years since I started this so please have patient with production, I'll make these kits when I find the time so waiting time may vary and be long!
I'll get in contact when it's your turn and I don't want to take pre orders or money in advance, it's fine to refrain from buying this kit or if you wish to make some changes when the turn comes to you, PayPal payment in sek before shipping after the kit is finished, with currency rate at the time.
A 5% donation will be generated to Pinside for each sale.
An Initial Batch of 10 kits will be made at first and evaluated.
1 Kit/Member as a start for these first 10 kits!
I'll have to set some limits for coming orders as well depending on interest, about 2-3 kits/member to begin with.
This kit replaces the inner bracket, all five metal rollers, their washers and the upper brace.
In order to install this kit you need the outer bracket with optos, a fully functional motor and gearbox with its bracket, these parts should be intact without any major damage.
Three holes in the bottom of the Outer Bracket has to be drilled to install the Bottom Reinforcement.
If you choose to use the Original Cam, a 5mm hole has to be drilled through the small shaft and a piece of one opto slot has to be cut away to achieve correct height in the middle lift position.
Updates made from the first kit:
* Thicker shafts which can be used with three different types of bearings on the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Units:
#1 IGUS Type Bearing of Solid Polymer RJMP-01-06, these bearings was what I initially planned to use but they were not available for the thinner shafts on the MkI Kit, these are what I recommend!
#2 Linear Ball Bearing LM6UU, used on the MkI Kit, still working fine in the MkI Beta kits.
#3 Self Lubricating Graphite Brass Bearings JDB LM6UU LM6, not tested and more expensive, these will be sold separately as an option but I don't consider them to be suitable for this application.
* Some parts is now being FDM Printed in PC and PETG.
* New design for the Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit for the Larger Bearings.
* New design for the Lower Linear Shaft Attachment for the Thicker Shafts with damping and more material for the shaft attachments.
* Bracket Chims of PETG for leveling the Mini Playfield against the Playfield included.
* Modified Cam available as an Option, the Original Cam can still be used but has to be modified as in the first kit.
* Brass Connecting Hex Rod instead of Aluminium, Aluminium still available.
* Some measurement changes.
The parts thats now being replaced by 3D printed PC and PETG is in bottom and on the sides of the bracket since these parts mainly acts as guiding and are not under much force or pressure:
# The Lower Linear Shaft Attachment PC.
# The Upper Linear Shaft Bearing Unit PC.
# The Outer Linear Rail Attachment PETG, Aluminium available as an option.
# The Outer Bracket Bottom Reinforcement PETG, Aluminium available as an option.
I've researched and tested different types of plastics and brands for these parts and found what i required in desired strength and toughness, these parts are all 100% Infill PETG and PC (Makrolon/Lexan).
The Upper and Lower Linear Shaft pieces can be developed if therés a demand of Aluminium instead, but pricing will end up above 3000sek for a complete kit of Aluminium.
Available colours for the Outer Linear Rail Attachment and the Bottom Reinforcement made of PETG:
# Jet Black 9005
# Sapphire Blue RAL 5003
# Slate Grey RAL 7015
Other Colours on demand.
Inner Linear Shaft parts of PC is made in Black only.
Parts attached to the Mini Playfield is still made from aluminium, the kit have not yet been confirmed to fit with the cpr repro mini playfield.
The kit has been installed and tested with the 3D printable opto cover made by jmathews https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2387162
Prices in Sek
Basic Kit 1800 sek + Trackable Shipping, Postnord prices 190103; USA & Canada +147,20 sek, Europe +184 sek, Sweden +63 sek.
[quoted image]
Thanks to dahlman at Degerforce Pinball for development of the Modified Cam that Im now able to offer for sale as well.
This Cam has correct height for the elevator in both middle positions.
Note that this Cam has a Round hole and is missing the D arbor hole, it has two sturdy set screws instead and is made of thicker sheet metal, this Cam has been up for testing during the past 6 month now, limited at this point to one/kit.
1pcs Modified Cam, One Offer/Kit, 600 sek, Raw Sand Blasted Steel if you wish to paint it yourself + extra shipping cost, Postnord prices 190103; USA & Canada +64 sek, Europe +100 sek, Sweden +32 sek.
Add +100 sek extra for Black Matte powder coated version.
Aluminium Options:
(Esthetically only, PETG will perform likewise)
2pcs Outer Linear Rail Attachment in Aluminium instead of PETG, with Logo and Unique Tag/Three Digit/Letter/Symbol, add 500sek.
As an example there will be only one WHO Kit made, payment before engraving though.
1pcs Outer Bracket Bottom Reinforcement of Aluminium with Logo instead of PETG, add 200sek.
[quoted image]
Therés No Guarantees with this kit, All work, installation or operation with the elevator is at your own risk and responsibility!
I'll do my best to support you though.
This is mainly functional parts, visible imperfections will occur on some surfaces!
This kit will not solve any problems if you're using a bad gearbox with Stripped Gears or a Wobbling Main Shaft.
Any additional costs like customs or taxes is not included, shipping prices may vary.
Put your interest in this thread If you're fine with these conditions.
Add which options and colour you want, not necessary but it's helpful when I'm buying more material.
Claim your TAG/Three Digit/Letter/Symbol if you're looking to buy the Aluminium Outer Linear Rail Attachment Option.

Please add me to the list. Great job!!

#4 5 years ago

Please add me to the list as well, This looks amazing! Nice work and Thank you.

Kit + Cam w/Aluminum /RCP/

Thanks Again!

Jake McGhee
Rose City Pinball

#5 5 years ago

The first MkII kit that Ive been working on is now installed locally where I live, middle height was 1mm or 3/64” higher than the expected 46mm or 1-13/16” in the middle position on this bracket when Main and Mini Playfield was perfectly leveled and height adjusted against each other with the modified Cam, no affect on game play.
The bracket needed height adjustment on the right (pop bumper) side with a 1.5mm shim, so far it has been a bit lower on that side with the brackets Ive worked on, had to trim the shim a bit because of a post, Ive changed it in the cad and uploaded them to Thingiverse in four different heights if some one wants to use them to shim the bracket, 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm and 2.0mm.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3400186
The Bottom Bracket Reinforcement is uploaded as well in two different versions, metric with M6 screws and inch with ¼” screws.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3402051
These two designs can be used in the original elevator setup without the kit.

20190201_110831 (resized).jpg20190201_110831 (resized).jpg20190201_110841 (resized).jpg20190201_110841 (resized).jpg20190201_112118 (resized).jpg20190201_112118 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

Oh heck yea. Put me on that list!

Kit + Cam w/Aluminum. I'd ALSO like the PETG in blue so I have it for future options.

Let me know when you need $$.

#7 5 years ago

Interested in Kit + Cam.

Any idea on time frame?

#8 5 years ago

Will purchase! Please add me to the list for the Kit + Cam Kit

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Oh heck yea. Put me on that list!
Kit + Cam w/Aluminum. I'd ALSO like the PETG in blue so I have it for future options.
Let me know when you need $$.

No problem, Ill include PETG parts with aluminium options, no extra charge, at least for these 10 first kits.
No need for payment until its time for shipping.

Quoted from sparkup:

Interested in Kit + Cam.
Any idea on time frame?

5-12 weeks is realistic for the first batch of 10 kits, Ill ship according to interests in this thread.

#10 5 years ago

Yep. I’m interested. Put me on the list.
Kit + cam.

#11 5 years ago

Put me on the list as well. Kit and cam thanks!

2 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

Just checked in on the old thread... found this one.

Please add me to the list for the new MKII kit! Thanks.

I will use the original Cam.
I prefer Sapphire Blue RAL 5003 for the outer linear rail and PETG bottom reinforcement.

#13 5 years ago

I bought a new DW! I missed out on testing the first kit because I had to sell mine over a year ago.. well I got one back! I’d like to be added to the list. Both the main kit and cam.

Thank you!

1 week later
#14 5 years ago

The first kit has been shipped, I intend to ship one more during this week.
Most parts are finished and more material for the modified cam has arrived so that will keep me busy, Ive ordered four different Blue powders for the Cam since the Blue PETG is the popular choice, hopefully I can show powder coated samples during next week.
Added the Outer Linear Rail Attachment .stl file on Thingiverse and Shapeways.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3471498
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BXM2LDPLT/dw-outer-linear-rail-attachment

#15 5 years ago

Incredible! Can’t wait to install this

#16 5 years ago

Thank you for your great job !
Please add me to the list for a kit + cam

1 week later
#17 5 years ago

I recieved three of the four blue powders i ordered since one was discontinued, one cam has been coated with the Petrol Blue and shipped, I will order another shade of Blue.

20190316_015901 (resized).jpg20190316_015901 (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago

I'm interested.

#19 5 years ago

Kit is in my hands, just need to free up time to install. Very excited for this kit and to finish my restoration of Doctor Who....more pics n details to follow

#20 5 years ago

Sounds great! Please add me to the list (kit + cam + aluminum). Thanks!

3 weeks later
#21 5 years ago

Please add me to the list for complete kit.
thx,

#22 5 years ago

please add me to the list for the kit and cam. Thanks

#23 5 years ago

Please add me as well. Thanks for doing this!

#24 5 years ago

Seriously folks, you'd better get this and tell your fellow Dr. Who owners to get in line ASAP. Lots of work went into this. I doubt anyone else will ever repeat what has been done here to preserve the game for all time.

BTW, Mk.1 version still running strong at Roanoke Pinball!

#25 5 years ago

The kit is very easy to intall. The directions are clear and guide you through nicely. I only had a few instances where I had to email Ulf for clarification qnd he gave excellent direction and support. I will be uploading all my progress soon.

#26 5 years ago

Put me on the list as well please !

#27 5 years ago

I'd like to get on the list for a kit + cam.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Seriously folks, you'd better get this and tell your fellow Dr. Who owners to get in line ASAP. Lots of work went into this. I doubt anyone else will ever repeat what has been done here to preserve the game for all time.
BTW, Mk.1 version still running strong at Roanoke Pinball!

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The kit is very easy to intall. The directions are clear and guide you through nicely. I only had a few instances where I had to email Ulf for clarification qnd he gave excellent direction and support. I will be uploading all my progress soon.

Thanks for the positive comments!
Eight kits has been assembled and shipped, parts for the next batch will be made during the summer and shipping starts when I have some more feedback from the initial batch, 25-30 kits are probably as many as will be produced during this year totally.
Sapphire Blue for the cam is the closest to matchning the PETG parts so far, available in rough textured glossy and fine textured matt, same textured options is available for Black.
Two cams with rough textured glossy has been shipped

20190407_000259 (resized).jpg20190407_000259 (resized).jpg
#29 5 years ago

Very inyerested. Add me to the list please

#30 5 years ago

I would enjoy being on the list I managed to find a better metal outer piece

#31 5 years ago

Interested. Add me to the list please

#32 5 years ago

I am also interested.
Please add me to the list.

#33 5 years ago

im in for one of these please.what do you require from me at this time?
kit n cam

#34 5 years ago

I'm also very interested. Please advise me on how to purchase!

#35 5 years ago

I’m in, I sent you a message about getting on the list. Kit + cam, blue

#36 5 years ago

Add me to the list. I may need 2.

#38 5 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#39 5 years ago

Add me to the list please.

#40 5 years ago

Add me to the list, please.

#41 5 years ago

Wow, cool. I have a DW machine that I really need to revisit. Add me to the list also?

#42 5 years ago

Add me Kit + cam bare

Thanks

#43 5 years ago

We will take a kit with cam whenever available.

#44 5 years ago

Add me to the list. Thx

#45 5 years ago

This summer I’m restoring 2 games - TZ and DW; hoping to get a kit installed this year! Great great idea, probably best mod ever!

#46 5 years ago

Please put me on the list for 1 set. Thx

#47 5 years ago

Please put me on the list as well!

#48 5 years ago

Please add me to the list for a kit and cam (bare). PM sent. Awesome work!

#49 5 years ago

Please add me to the list and let me know next steps. Thanks

#50 5 years ago

Add me to the list please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 110.00
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-smooth-lifter-kit-interest-waiting-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.