Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4438 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Title says only most of the story. I have no pictures but the game has a nice playfield, a faded cabinet, and no topper. I have no idea on price and I just need a round about figure on what a similar condition Doctor Who might go for. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Without pictures it will be really hard to say, but I would guess 22-2500, given the missing topper

#3 4 years ago

I'm not an expert, but since I'm on the internet...

DW was on the climb for a bit and not many seem to be in circulation.

I've read that many of those cabinets were faded and so that's not a surprise. The topper is what is throwing me. It's rare and unique thing that nicely complements the game. (the dalek is also properly annoying)

If it's fully working with a nice playfield, I would say maybe $2,400ish?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

DW was on the climb for a bit and not many seem to be in circulation.

They have not been popping up for sale much at all lately oddly. Such was not the case till the last couple of years.

I have no idea how to value the missing Dalek topper. Maybe knocks $500 off of what the game would normally be since surely that is not an easily replaceable part? I know they make a wobble head kit, is that the full Dalek head or does it just mod the existing one?

#5 4 years ago

I think the wobble head only modifies your existing Dalek. I appreciate the responses guys. I was totally lost on valuing this one. I just need a ballpark figure. I guess I'm safe in the low 2000 range then?

#6 4 years ago

Safe from what? .... if u like it and want it buy it bc they dont come up often . Price isnt a huge deal if u plan to keep it .... now if your buying to sell than yes price matters alot. From the description id say 2-2200 wld be fair.

#7 4 years ago

I have been looking for a long time for a nice Dr Who. Every time I find one even at 2800 it's already sold. I am offering anyone with a nice one to take my money up to 3200 as I am tired of looking. Make my son happy before he grows out if the Dr Who phase. I have to find the pics of his last birthday but we got hom.a great Dr Who cake and FYE in the indoor shopping malls has a nice selection of Dr who merchandise from lights to many other show tie ins.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Safe from what? .... if u like it and want it buy it bc they dont come up often . Price isnt a huge deal if u plan to keep it .... now if your buying to sell than yes price matters alot. From the description id say 2-2200 wld be fair.

I always say a game is a keeper but then I beat it a couple of times so I get tired of it. I only have so much cash that I can put in to pinball so I can't go upside down all that often on a game.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I always say a game is a keeper but then I beat it a couple of times so I get tired of it. I only have so much cash that I can put in to pinball so I can't go upside down all that often on a game.

Almost any dmd pin especially b/w are usually safe in the low 2k range..gl

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I have been looking for a long time for a nice Dr Who. Every time I find one even at 2800 it's already sold. I am offering anyone with a nice one to take my money up to 3200 as I am tired of looking. Make my son happy before he grows out if the Dr Who phase. I have to find the pics of his last birthday but we got hom.a great Dr Who cake and FYE in the indoor shopping malls has a nice selection of Dr who merchandise from lights to many other show tie ins.

I agree with this at this point in time also

#11 4 years ago

I know somebody with a spare topper

#13 4 years ago

I missed out on one by my general vicinity by a week a while back Pretty sure a barcade wound up w/ it though.

I'm was generally on this stance as well - hoping to find a nice one. At this point I don't care if the sideart is white... I'll bite.

I call dibs on the midwest though - specifically Illinois.

#14 4 years ago

Nice looking one just came up for sale in the St. Louis area craigslist.

#15 4 years ago

I have been looking for a long time for a nice Dr Who. Every time I find one even at 2800 it's already sold. I am offering anyone with a nice one to take my money up to 3200 as I am tired of looking. Make my son happy before he grows out if the Dr Who phase. Buy a nice one and fully shop it out,then,when he's out of that faze,i'll buy it from you for what you paid!!:)OK???

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Nice looking one just came up for sale in the St. Louis area craigslist.

I saw that add today. Personally, I believe a DW is a 3k pin. I sold mine fast to friend in the 2k range, with a good Time Expander, but would buy back now in an instant. However, if it came back with no topper, I agree with the $500 reduction. The DW tooper interacts with the game. If your basement ceiling is low a missing topper may be a discount blessing.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Almost any dmd pin especially b/w are usually safe in the low 2k range..gl

Good point. Only Party Zone would not fall into this catagory really.

#18 4 years ago

I just got this one last week for $3100 it is cleaning up really nicely. The cab has no fade at all and it's all original. Basically just needed a cleaning and shop out which I'm doing now

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

for $3100 it is cleaning up really nicely. The cab has no fade at all and it's all original. Basically just needed a cleaning and shop out which I'm doing now

That machine looks superb!!! Gorgeous cabinet, can't believe to see it has zero fade. Congrats on that find.

#20 4 years ago

Honestly I think For whatever reason back in the day it must've either got pulled off of the floor and stuck in a back room or warehouse or been a home use machine the rubbers that were on it had dry rotted completely and definitely needed a thorough cleaning but even the cabinet has only a few small little scuffs. I was extremely happy to pick it up from a fellow pinsider

#21 4 years ago

Honestly I think For whatever reason back in the day it must've either got pulled off of the floor and stuck in a back room or warehouse

It was routed, you can tell from the shooter lane. At the bottom I'll show you what a HUO shooter lane would like on DW (mine). I think yours was in a skating rink or some other windowless environment.

I've had my DW since it was NIB and I have way worse fade. Yours can is in phenomenal condition. Anyway, here is the shooter lane on mine:

image (resized).jpeg

#22 4 years ago

Honestly I think For whatever reason back in the day it must've either got pulled off of the floor and stuck in a back room or warehouse or been a home use machine

You know what, on second thought I'm not so sure. That might be home use only. How are the coin slots? Can you show some pics of that?

#23 4 years ago

Here's one

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#24 4 years ago

Was in a home for a real long time!

#25 4 years ago

I picked the game up I was interested in. It was a basket case. I was able to locate all missing parts and I believe I have came out well on this one.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#26 4 years ago

I just put some 3M chrome adhesive 3/4in moulding on the front edge of the back box it came out awesome! It's such a fun game!

IMG_4438 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#27 2 years ago

Looking into a Doctor. Faded cab. Presumed working. Suggestions on a fair price to pay?

I was thinking $2,400 or so.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Looking into a Doctor. Faded cab. Presumed working. Suggestions on a fair price to pay?

I had to sell mine and several other pins after I got divorced. I took $2500 or $2600 for it but felt like I could have held out and got more. I needed the money at the time though.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I had to sell mine and several other pins after I got divorced. I took $2500 or $2600 for it but felt like I could have held out and got more. I needed the money at the time though.

Was it faded as well? I'm guessing that will be the deciding factor in price.

Also, sorry to hear you went through a divorce. Better than living a life of hatred though.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Sounds about right depending how the playfield is in front of the time expander

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Was it faded as well? I'm guessing that will be the deciding factor in price.
Also, sorry to hear you went through a divorce. Better than living a life of hatred though.

I appreciate it and you are correct.

The cabinet had moderate fade. But still had some color. If it is completely faded I would guess a little less. I had a ton of interest in it

#32 2 years ago

Thanks folks. As always, Pinside offers quick, thoughtful responses.

#33 2 years ago

Any thoughts on the value of a prototype Dr. Who which was built with the moving Dalek? Color DMD. No fade. Very nice game.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from mkruck556:

Any thoughts on the value of a prototype Dr. Who which was built with the moving Dalek? Color DMD. No fade. Very nice game.

Proto only adds few hundred in most cases. Id guess its worth 3250-3600 . Maybe 4k to the right person if the playfield /cab are perfect

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Proto only adds few hundred in most cases. Id guess its worth 3250-3600 . Maybe 4k to the right person if the playfield /cab are perfect

In this case I'd say the proto adds a bit more than that in this case. The kit to remake the Dalek wobble head feature alone sold for $375 here last week....

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

In this case I'd say the proto adds a bit more than that in this case. The kit to remake the Dalek wobble head feature alone sold for $375 here last week....

There’s a far less expensive DIY mod option that works pretty well, too. $100 vs $400. The kit sold at almost $350 when it was originally made didn’t it? That’s actually a steal now since they are no longer made.

#37 2 years ago

I don’t see nice Dr Who’s sell for less than 3k these days.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 107.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside