(Topic ID: 274286)

doctor who pinball mini playfield r/h eject not working

By martymart

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have just picked up a Doctor Who pinball that had some issues with the cpu. I managed to get a couple of games in but the mini playfield eject stopped working (it was working to start with).

I have just put in the repaired cpu and everything is working fine accept the mini playfield r/h eject.

Where is the first place to check with this issue. There is continuity from the under playfield connector to the driver Board plug and the tip102 and tip36 transistors measure ok with my dmm.

#2 3 years ago

Did you check the basics...
Full test, All switches, All solenoids [ could be matrix issue or power issue that you are just not seeing in other aspects of game play]

The connectors under the MPF (most likely the cause of spontaneous issue). Check condition.. replace if not perfect.
Broken wire from connector to optos or broken wire from connector to cpu (less likely the later but it can happen(
The vibrations in the MPF are severe.

Check power at all the testpoints within spec

Cold solder joint on opto component(s)... unfortunately, you need to pull the MPF first. Do you have my whitepaper on the topic?
faz

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Did you check the basics...
Full test, All switches, All solenoids [ could be matrix issue or power issue that you are just not seeing in other aspects of game play]
The connectors under the MPF (most likely the cause of spontaneous issue). Check condition.. replace if not perfect.
Broken wire from connector to optos or broken wire from connector to cpu (less likely the later but it can happen(
The vibrations in the MPF are severe.
Check power at all the testpoints within spec
Cold solder joint on opto component(s)... unfortunately, you need to pull the MPF first. Do you have my whitepaper on the topic?
faz

Thanks for your comment. In the end I started checking everything I could without removing the MPF. Everything tested fine so needed to remove the MPF which was an easier job than I thought once I checked the whitepaper on this. I worked my way back to the coil only to find the winding had snapped. I replaced it with a new one got it all back together and it has worked great since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

£ 110.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-pinball-mini-playfield-r-h-eject-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.