Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pindug
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Pretty experienced with most pins but my doctor who has me a bit stumped this time round. When the left flipper is pressed occasionally the right ball lock coil in time expander is fired. The problem is pretty random but consistant.
Things I have done. Checked all diodes in row, column is all optos. Swapped every single board in game (I own a lot of games so that wasn't difficult) and also the dr who boards all functioned fine in other games. When I say all boards I mean every single board including flipper opto, opto 10 board, everything in back box and coin door board. I'm certain there is a switching issue somewhere. The only switch not tested is switch 48 (select doctor) as I don't have a clue how that works, as the flippers control that. I must add in switch matrix test all switches function perfect and there is no credit dot.
Any thoughts, suggestions or links would be awesome. Thanks in advance to all who reply. Many hours spent on this issue.

#2 5 years ago

Select Dr switch should be the second or "upper" switch in the shooter lane. It locks in your Dr choice.

In switch test do you get it to show the ball lock opto registering with the flipper? I wonder if you have a electrical issue similar to the early Bally games that'll fire the coil through interference

#3 5 years ago

Yes of course the select doctor switch, got it. I guess I had been staring at that game too long. Lol
The flipper in switch test does not activate the ball lock opto, only in game play.
I have noticed however that at beginning of game when scrolling though doctors with left flipper it will stop on a doctor and select it as if a ball has been launched, just like normal except I didn't launch the ball and the left flipper caused it. Then either immediately or may take a little bit but it does go into ball search and launches the ball. Scrolling with right flipper does not cause a issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

£ 110.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-phantom-switches-h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.