View topic image gallery

IMG_9315.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DWPF.jpg
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Those are looking great. Thanks for the updates. I can't wait until these hit the shelves.

#52 11 years ago

Has there been any thought to Cliffy's ramp protectors? Will they fit the new ramp?

faz

#53 11 years ago

Indeed. I would love to know if it will fit. I would be happy to send one of my protectors to whomever is willing to do a test fit.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Indeed. I would love to know if it will fit. I would be happy to send one of my protectors to whomever is willing to do a test fit.

Interestingly, I bought a set of those already from you. If they line up with the originals, they should work perfectly. Either way, I'll test fit them for sure and report back. The good news is that the plastic thickness is higher, but the forming side is the top of the ramp. The measurements should be the same on the top so the guides should still work.

#55 11 years ago

Fantastic, Al. Looking forward to it! I think that the plastic thickness may cause issues of alignment with the lead-in bumper post and possibly where the protector mounts up at the top. Do let me know. Mr Warner!

#56 11 years ago

Pinball Inc. announced on Facebook that the Doctor Who ramps are being produced and that they will be available for purchase at the Ohio show. The price was not released, but it will be discounted for the show as all ramps are. I don't know for sure, but I think the will initially be released as a 3 piece set.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#57 11 years ago

Fantastic news, picking these up will be the first thing I do at the show.

#58 11 years ago

Great news, bring on Ohio show.

Bil

#59 11 years ago

Some new decals and it will look good. Who said decals are made to cover imperfections in the ramps??awarner??? How about the raw wood with no art, under the ramp that is why they used stickers under the ramps to hide playfield lights, no art etc. And NOT for imperfections in the ramps.

#60 11 years ago

oh yeah! Thanks James!!

#61 11 years ago

I just pulled and flame polished mine last night...came out pretty nice if still a bit yellow. My decals look like they were applied by a mongoloid though....

Obi-wan Cliffnobi, you're my only hope (of getting this thing reassembled and looking good!).

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

ho said decals are made to cover imperfections in the ramps??awarner??? How about the raw wood with no art, under the ramp that is why they used stickers under the ramps to hide playfield lights, no art etc. And NOT for imperfections in the ramps.

I do not believe he was referring to the decals at the beginning of the ramp (the ones that would hide the wood). He was referring to the ones running along the sides/edges of the ramps.

How are you so sure that they were not to hide imperfections?

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'm partially being facetious here, as I've been harassing James to make WCS ramps for awhile. He has the molds.
I am finishing up a WCS for a friend. It ended up being a convoluted project where the playfield in his game ended up being damaged and I pulled the decent playfields from my game and got a NOS playfield set to put back in my game to really mint it out. With the NOS fields, repro plastics, new ball, replated skill shot and wireform, etc, I really want to put new ramps on it at the same time.
James has told me they are in line, but I'm impatient. Trying to decide whether to do WCS next and clean up the ramps as good as I can, knowing I can swap them out with repros in an afternoon, down the line, I'm also considering doing my Flintstones before it so I only do the WCS 'once'. Or, I could do my Scared Stiff next...
Truth be told, if I started on my WCS tomorrow (expect to actually start by Jan 1st), it'd probably be the 4th of July at the *earliest* that I'd be ready for ramps!

James told me they were in-line 2+ years ago when I got my WCS. He has the molds, and assured me it was "on the agenda for 2011"... well its 2013. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I ended up getting a very nice used set after 1.5+ years of searching.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I do not believe he was referring to the decals at the beginning of the ramp (the ones that would hide the wood). He was referring to the ones running along the sides/edges of the ramps.
How are you so sure that they were not to hide imperfections?

Yes, that's right. The big ramp has a couple of points where an "assist " is used to push the plastic down during forming. It's in the originals and in the new ramps. They put a sticker over the "Damage" to hide it. The other stickers are for show or to hide stuff below it. Until you see a clear new ramp on there, you don't know how bad the originals were.

The forming process was covered in our latest video available at pinsandvids.com.

#65 11 years ago

Bummed I won't be able to take advantage of the Ohio show discount. Just a little to far out of the way.

#66 11 years ago

Is he by chance coming to the Texas Pinfest?

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from action76:

I think he is, I'll find out for sure. I know he'll be at Allentown and the Atlanta Pinswap. I'll be helping him sell stuff during Allentown. He also always does Expo in Chicago. I did the Texas show with him I think 5 or 6 years ago.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I think he is, I'll find out for sure. I know he'll be at Allentown and the Atlanta Pinswap. I'll be helping him sell stuff during Allentown. He also always does Expo in Chicago. I did the Texas show with him I think 5 or 6 years ago.

Dang. I wish I had the money for Shuttle ramp and toy.......but fixing my Time Expander is taking precedence!

2 weeks later
#69 11 years ago

If you can make it to the Ohio show this weekend, you can pick up a set at a discount! image.jpgimage.jpg

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

If you can make it to the Ohio show this weekend, you can pick up a set at a discount!

So awesome!!!

#71 11 years ago

looks good. I know the Sling plastics for this game were hard to find as well.

#72 11 years ago

Probably a no-go, but any chance he'd be able to do the Time Expander plastic cover as well? That's actually in way worse shape than my ramps, lol.

#73 11 years ago

I would just love for these to be available somewhere. Keep checking Pinball, Inc's website, as well as their distributors and no one has them listed yet.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Probably a no-go, but any chance he'd be able to do the Time Expander plastic cover as well? That's actually in way worse shape than my ramps, lol.

I'll check if there is a mold available or not. If so, there is a chance. If not, then probably won't happen for a while.

#75 11 years ago

So they already come with decals applied? How much are they at the show?

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from action76:

I found out that he will not be at Pinfest but someone will be selling his ramps at the show.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

So they already come with decals applied? How much are they at the show?

You'll have to check at the show for pricing. Decals are included but not applied unless a flap rivets through it or something. He usually decals one for the table so people can see the end result.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'll check if there is a mold available or not. If so, there is a chance. If not, then probably won't happen for a while.

THAT would be awesome! Just about every single Time Expander cover I've seen is broken.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

THAT would be awesome! Just about every single Time Expander cover I've seen is broken.

Yup, put me down for 1 when they come up

#80 11 years ago

Why does Ohio have to be so far away-I love love to snag a set this weekend.

#81 11 years ago

New Doctor Who ramps? just made my day. YEAH!!!

#82 11 years ago

How do I order? I don't see on the PinballInc. website

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from viking874:

How do I order? I don't see on the PinballInc. website

Check their vendor list or email them directly. They were selling Shuttle ramps and toys to vendors for like a month and a half before they ever showed up on their site. =|

#84 11 years ago

Would be awesome if these were available at the TPF.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yes, this plastic needs to be redone from someone...

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Check their vendor list or email them directly. They were selling Shuttle ramps and toys to vendors for like a month and a half before they ever showed up on their site. =|

just emailed them. thanks

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I can't say any more...

Does anyone know what the cost of each ramp is?

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from viking874:

just emailed them. thanks

Let us know what they say. I would love to pick some up as well.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

+1

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

+1

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

the ramps are $249 for the pack. only sold as a package. they should be available next week (or so) from MAD, Marco, Bay Area etc. I asked him to look into the Time Expander plastic as we all know most of those are cracked/damaged. He said it shouldn't be a big deal and will look into making that as well (nothing on timing). fingers crossed...

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from viking874:

the ramps are $249 for the pack. only sold as a package. they should be available next week (or so) from MAD, Marco, Bay Area etc. I asked him to look into the Time Expander plastic as we all know most of those are cracked/damaged. He said it shouldn't be a big deal and will look into making that as well (nothing on timing). fingers crossed...

Awesome news on the Time Expander plastic if that gets made!! Thanks for posting this.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from viking874:

I am hoping he will make them available individually soon. My subway ramp is in pretty nice shape. Top ramps....not so much!

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from viking874:

the ramps are $249 for the pack. only sold as a package. they should be available next week (or so) from MAD, Marco, Bay Area etc.

Thank you for the info.

#95 11 years ago

Pinball Inc. Announced that Doctor Who ramps have began to ship to distributors yesterday. They said to give it a week or so and they should be available.

#96 11 years ago

Are you going to be at the Louiville Arcade Expo or Midwest Gaming Classic?

#97 11 years ago

Little Shop Of Games just listed on website for $260 (above the $249)

#98 11 years ago

The $249 was probably the show special. Regular retail will be higher. I know Pinball Inc. will be at the Pinswap in Atlanta in April, and Allentown in May, if you want to wait until then.

5 months later
#99 10 years ago

<bumped my own out-of-date post>

1 month later
#100 10 years ago

Hi, any news on the mini playfield plastic cover ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 110.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-something-cool-is-happening/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.