(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

I'm in. I've had this game for 22 years now as I mentioned in a thread earlier today . . . will never leave the collection.

Third Doctor.gifThird Doctor.gif

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

His audio work with Big Finish is incredible and NIGHT OF THE DOCTOR was simply brilliant.

I was really impressed with the Big Finish portrail of Doctor 6. I wish Colin would have had another season to peal back the layers of his Doctor . . . and been given a better jacket. Big Finish did a great job with a lot of Doctor Who.

My list, which changes all the time (and I don't include John Hurt), as of today is:

11, 5, 2, 6, 10, 4, 9, 1, 3, 7, 8

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Not to be a negative nancy, but I'm not buying the seller's story. That looks like a poster printed on paper to me, and it is NOT the right size to fit a standard bg! it appears way too square.

I agree with you fully! On closer inspection it doesn't look that great.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from RudyHead:

I agree 100%. People love Tennant and I get it, but if Eccleston lasted at least one more season he would be much higher on everyones favorite Doctor list.

8 and 9 both suffer from not enough air time. 8 was able to remedy that in Big Finish (6 as well) but 9 has spurned DW since he left the show; I was very disappointed he didn't participate in the 50th anniversary. I think in time he may regret that as well since he did so much to help bring the show back.

5 months later
#219 9 years ago

So, my Doctor Who has been with a buddy getting a clear coat over the diamon plated playfield and having it's inserts fixed and a couple broken plastics fixed and some other things. It returns to me today. Even this second it is on the road coming in from Dallas. Yay! I have missed it!

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Scuff the DP to accept or does it bind directly to the DP?

The clear is amazing. It looks like it bonded directly to the DP. Keith Holbrook did the work for me, I will post pictures of it Saturday.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Pretty sure Diamond plate is just auto clear, they will chemically bond.

Yup. It looks amazing clear coated. Will post pics Saturday. From my brief inspection today I saw no issues.

I agree with the H being easier to hit with lightning flippers by the way, but center drains on DW are a big problem especially coming off the orbit if you don't make it around or center target of the time expander.

6 months later
#476 9 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

One thing I've had problems with since I got my Doctor Who is the ball getting hung up on the protector on the top front of the mini playfield, usually when it's got slow momentum. I thought the tape underneath it was dried up, and finally after it hanging a few times tonight in games, I got fed up and I thought I'd take a closer look tonight.
Tearing into it, I was shocked to discover a previous owner thought super glue would be a great way to fix the mini playfield!Glue crazy! The glue was on so thick, it had spring up the protector.
Thankfully, I was able to get it off carefully with a knife and my fingernail. Unfortunately the protector was permanently sprung upwards, still leaving the problem.
Next, I took a set of flat sheet metal hand brakes and put a bit of a downward bend on the lip, which most assuredly solved the problem! Now no more hang ups! :PS)Slight downward bend

image.jpg 260 KB

image-969.jpg 237 KB

I'm having this exact problem. What did you use exactly to fix the issue? You replaced the tape?

#477 9 years ago

Another issue I am having is my time expander is not level. It goes down too low. Any thoughts on a fix for this?

1 month later
#557 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Just installed the Pingraffix pinbaldes
Looks nice!
IMG_0224.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0225.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow! I'm going to be adding those. I still need to level my time expander...I miss having my DW fully functional.

3 months later
#635 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Got the sound improved- a quick sample. External sub next.

Is that modified music? In stereo?

#647 8 years ago

I start with Doc 1 and go for video mode ASAP. Try and get doc 7 and 6 off the video mode (you pick up the extra ball that way). After that you go for WHO combos (need two for extra ball) then it is time to go after the time expander. After the first multiball I go back and finish waive one of video mode.

Strategy will vary after that considerably.

1 month later
#699 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Wait, what?! Tigerlaw sold his DW!?!?

I know, I know. I can't believe I did that either.

Jodester is awesome at dialing in games and mine needed a couple tweaks with the time expander. I'll get it back from him one day I'm sure, he tends to swap out games ever six months or so and I'm saving a spot for the triumphant return of Doctor Who.

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm including DW in my pingolf tournament in a couple of weeks. Thought the objective could be "light 3 doctors" I'll let them know this can be done by bumpers lighting transmat target, or completing VM waves. These the only 2 ways?

Two more ways to light doctors:

1) each ball lights a new doctor. So if you get an extra ball you light four doctors by default.

2) killing the emperor Dalek lights all seven doctors for the rest of the ball.

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I thought that you could select a new Doctor each new ball, but the previous one would not be illuminated unless you have done a transmat?

Hmm, every version I have ever played gave you a fully lit and functional doctor each ball (so you had a minimum of three after a really bad game).

Maybe you are playing a version with older roms (or I was).

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

The one I just got has L-1 ROMS and the doctors don't carry over unless you transmat them. Video mode can also spot a doctor.

I don't have my DW anymore to know what the roms were but the new owner is in this thread and perhaps he will look.

That said, in addition to my old one, I've played DW at Joysticks, Ground Kontrol, at various shows and PinChurch and I have never not seen doctors carry over after the drain regardless of whether they are transmatted. This is an interesting mystery.

1 year later
#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I received this awesome Christmas present. Soon to be hung next to my DW

That is awesome!!!!

3 months later
#1404 6 years ago

Haven't seen the doctor who club thread on fire before. Had to post, even though my DW is currently visiting a friend's house.

3 months later
#1568 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

And just for a minor weekend diversion, a bit of game room wall art.

That is fantastic. Did you make it yourself or buy it completed somewhere?

8 months later
#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

Guess I'm in the club now... modernized this a bit with a new translite, Pinsound, dipped incandescents... so much fun.

Is the Tardis firing a laser?

5 years later
#5991 10 months ago

I installed Pinsound on my machine and it sounds kind of terrible. I’m not sure if I downloaded the correct sound package from Pinside. Any ideas on how best to restore the original sound via Pinsound or is there something better I could do sound package wise?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

£ 110.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.