(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

Member and torn but I really like Eccleston, just something different there.

#81 10 years ago

There is probably more going on behind the scenes than what is reported. Always three sides to a story. Eccleston was still a great doctor, plenty of edge and darkness there, well befitting a character who would have seen and participated in so much anguish and loss over the centuries.

6 months later
#264 9 years ago

Wish I could have Sylvester's feedback on the coloring since he's so prominently displayed in the time expander sequences. Would love to be contacted by a doctor to play my machine. I can never think of DW in monochrome again.

1 week later
#289 9 years ago

Also waiting for the kits to be restocked, should've ordered long ago.

2 months later
#416 9 years ago

I've gotten EB during the 3rd screen of the 1st wave before. Depends on your settings really. Didn't light EB, but awards it from the jump.

2 months later
#461 9 years ago

Faz,

I appreciate that you like how it was colored. I used footage from the shows as much as possible and also tried to work with the games colors. As for the White Daleks, Gold Daleks, etc, I really wanted to color them that way but the daleks are the same no matter the color until they become supreme daleks or davros. Unfortunately, the name of the current dalek and their entry isn't always available so tagging the game to work that way was impossible. Ive seen no blue daleks which seemed strange considering how much of the art shows Blue Daleks. Had i known how much work coloring this game would be im not sure i would have done it. Im glad i did but man were my problem solving skills tested. Im trying to finish up my next game but have been looking to do a few tweaks to improve this on my own time. While i know 400 is a big chunk, particularly for a game that isnt in the 4k plus range, i tink its an excellent upgrade when a dmd is going out, particularly because video mode cn be a big part of scoring in this game and i think the coloring makes playing video mode easier. I have to say that in order to capture all ose objects, a few of which are rarely shown i had to become really good at the mode. No memorization, just quick, as i had to get upwards of wave 50 to capture tings that most players will never see. That was fun.

I should add that if i found a way to do the different colored daleks i would and will.

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Thank you and I'll try that before replacing. I've got a rebuild kit on the way and I'm sure it won't hurt to have the extra parts around. I'm finishing the basement this winter and then I'll be shopping for a new pin to throw down there with the DW. From what I've read I think I'll avoid going with a NIB and go for something a little older.

Take a look at early SS games from Bally or Stern or Williams (or Gottlieb). Lots of good stuff there.

1 week later
#479 9 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I have a nice soldering iron and have no issue attaching wires and doing simple repairs. I just did not want to permanently alter and potentially damage the board. This was a quick way to do that .

As far as modding goes you really shouldn't worry about doing something to ruin the board and make it irreversible. Little solder is needed and it really would be easy to undo. I'd feel more concerned about loose wires and bits hanging out.

1 week later
#483 9 years ago

I actually did mine with off the shelf LEDs and resistors. Not as bright as the newer smds but works. I will probably get something brighter and replace but it didn't take but about 30-40 minutes and it is easily reversible.

1 week later
#488 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Just joined the club...
Next purchase: ColorDMD or alternative translite?

2.jpg 40 KB

2015_Gameroom.jpg 52 KB

You probably know my answer to that.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Look whats over on shapeways.com
Dalek pinball posts!
http://www.shapeways.com/product/D5W8ULN5S/dalek-post-version-a-six-pack?li=user-profile&optionId=43304273

625x465_2920136_7790427_14175937... 9 KB

625x465_2920136_7790425_14175936... 16 KB

Frakking cool! Might get some just because!

1 week later
#538 9 years ago

That looks fantastic!

#547 9 years ago

Just FYI for anyone with the CDMD for DW. I made another update to ensure the doctors are colored more consistently during bonus mode. Rom 3.1 is on the CDMD site.

1 month later
#579 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The sound when the Sonic Boom period ends is one of the saddest sounds in pinball Well...it makes me sad anyways

Doesn't have to do with DW, but something sadder to me is the wind-down when you fail to get the millions Tiger Ramp shot on Bad Cats, it really goes from amped up to you suck really fast.

2 years later
#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe one was Listed for $300 or so recently, but I am not sure it sold. If it’s non-moving it really diminishes the value

Not sure how, very few had the original moving Dalek, the standard was really just the non-moving Dalek. I'd say not having the topper might diminish the value though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 110.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.