(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noahd42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1502 6 years ago

I joined the club this week too! Plays great. I'm really enjoying the game so far. Previous owner had the game set to ten balls... Safe to say I changed that and I don't think I'll be hitting any of his high scores.

20170703_170925 (resized).jpg20170703_170925 (resized).jpg

20170706_192835 (resized).jpg20170706_192835 (resized).jpg

#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Cab looks great on yours!

Thanks. Colors are solid, the left edge is a bit beat up and there is a bit of damage just under the launch button but other than that I am very happy with it. The playfield is very good as well.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Just joined the club as well.

Welcome fellow newcomer! Post some pics.

Is the translite from rdoyle1978's game available anywhere? I've only seen the other one.

#1531 6 years ago

Got mine cleaned up today and installed the Cliffy on the time expander edge. Looks great.

My mini playfield does sag a bit to the right and I already got a ball stuck on the cliffy. I had a few get stuck before I installed it on the right side so I'll have to level off the machine a bit better and see what happens otherwise that mechanism will be my next project.

My playfield also says diamond plate on it.

Already set the grand champ score on it.

20170712_200724 (resized).jpg20170712_200724 (resized).jpg
20170711_171650 (resized).jpg20170711_171650 (resized).jpg
20170711_171645 (resized).jpg20170711_171645 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1544 6 years ago

So I was playing a few games today and mid game my left flipper stopped working. I took a look under the hood and I didn't see any loose connections or bad wires. The upper left flipper was still working no problem. Any advice or anything I should look for?

I can snap some pics in a bit.

#1546 6 years ago

Here are the pics. This piece does not look right. The metal looks like it is too bent and stays stuck when the flipper is activated.

I'm a bit out of my element on flippers so that's all I've got so far. The right flipper is completely straight and moves fine. I'm not sure if this is common with age or wear and tear.

20170721_222724 (resized).jpg20170721_222724 (resized).jpg

20170721_222702 (resized).jpg20170721_222702 (resized).jpg

#1549 6 years ago

Found the culprit. This little guy keeps popping out and then the whole mechanism fails. Not sure on the best way to secure him back in. Doesn't appear to be soldered or anything on the other flippers.

20170722_130604 (resized).jpg20170722_130604 (resized).jpg

20170722_125026 (resized).jpg20170722_125026 (resized).jpg

#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

Both of the things you've highlighted are issues. The leaf switch can't make consistent contact when bent back like that and the roll pin obviously needs to stay in. You can bend the switch back if you want. However, I'd recommend buying a flipper rebuild kit. They're around $25 on pinball life and contain all the parts that are causing you trouble for both the left and right flippers. If you don't want to do any work yourself you can buy a completely built (including mounting bracket) flipper assembly for $40.

Noted, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will definitely grab one of those. When I bent the leaf back and secured the pin, it works fine and contact is good but the pin won't stay in place for a full game. I think the leaf bending was a result of the pin popping out.

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Recently picked up a Doctor Who and really enjoying it so far. Couple questions:
- is the Cliffy protector for the edge difficult to install?
- I noticed the ball often comes off the side ramp when shot by the side flipper. Is there anything you can install to prevent the ball from coming off this ramp? Not sure if there is a mod for the ramp?
Thanks for your assistance.

Congrats on the pick up!

I just did the cliffy install last week. It is not too bad, very straight forward. The only annoying thing is you'll probably have to give those posts a good wiggle to get them out as they have probably been taking a beating for 20+ years and get nice and stuck in the play field.

I haven't had the other issue with the side ramp though.

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the feedback. Do you need to remove the time expander completely to install the cliffy?

Nope, just the screws on the side posts and that will release the upper metal portion that goes around the back so you can pull the posts. The Cliffy will slide down just in front and you re-assemble from there.

1 month later
#1598 6 years ago

Anyone have any tips for loop champion? My highest is 14 but I'm sure some folks around here have some really big loop scores.

During multiball, I haven't had any luck trapping up two balls on the right flipper and hitting the loop on repeat with the third ball.

This is absolutely my favorite three flipper game to date.

1 week later
#1622 6 years ago

I have had some MPF things pop up here and there and every time it has been one of the two wires at the very bottom of the unit coming loose so I've had to re-soder them. Pretty easy job and an obvious fix when there are wires hanging wildly.

1 month later
#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

anybody ever have their machine reset during multiball only? seems weird to me that it only happens during multiball.
Brian

I had this happen for the first time yesterday as well. I hit the jack pot on multiball, which triggered the REPLAY knocker while the PF was moving and boom it was power out and reset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

£ 110.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noahd42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.