(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minneapolispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1564 6 years ago

I joined the club yesterday. Found a great deal through the Facebook marketplace listings. I've only played a handful of games on one of these in the past, so I'm looking forward to learning all about it.

IMG_4077 (resized).JPGIMG_4077 (resized).JPG

IMG_4079 (resized).JPGIMG_4079 (resized).JPG

IMG_4078 (resized).JPGIMG_4078 (resized).JPG

IMG_4086 (resized).JPGIMG_4086 (resized).JPG

#1577 6 years ago

As a new Doctor Who owner, I’m curious to watch episodes of the show somewhere, so I can understand the characters and call outs in the game. I vaguely recall the PBS version of the early 80’s when I was a kid, but never watched it. Is that the one the pinball is themed after? Any idea where I could watch old episodes that correlate to the theme of the game? The backglass shows seven guys -are they Doctor Who? Are they different actors or do they represent different points in time? I understand there is a new version of the show out there, but I’d like to watch and understand the show 1992 or earlier, so it’s in line with the time frame of the pinball.

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm loving the game so far this first week of owning it. I have new rubber and LED bulbs on order and hope I can begin the shop job this weekend. I'll post pictures once complete.

#1581 6 years ago

Before and after of the one I picked up last week.

IMG_4210 (resized).JPGIMG_4210 (resized).JPG

#1583 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is that just blue in the GI?

Thank you. I think it looks nice too. I used blue under the right ramp, but ran out. So I used the Comet 'Purple Passion" bulbs on the left side. They make the colors pop, like a black light will.

3 weeks later
#1612 6 years ago

I noticed last night that some of the little 'mushroom' buttons on the Time Expander aren't registering shots. I've only owned this game a shirt time and am still learning about it as I play. Should 1 hit always register something? And if there is problem, will I need to pull that entire center playfield assembly out to get at what I'll need to?

Thanks in advance for any help!

#1623 6 years ago

Thanks for the opto advice! I'm truly in love with this game. So happy I lucked out and found one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

£ 110.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minneapolispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=minneapolispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.