(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lanfeust.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2193 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
I am a new owner of a Dr who, and, on mine, the "red doors" on the mini playfield don't seem to go down, they are always in the up position...
According to the manual, everything mecanical parts seem to be present, but thing is, I don't see any mecanism or action that could make them down...so, is there something missing or is there a trick?

#2196 5 years ago

Ok thanks ! I understand now, I am missing the all bracket...damn!

#2199 5 years ago

thanks guys! I have noticed that the mini playfield has difficulties to raise. In test, when the playfield is in upright position, it's fine, but when it's down, the mini plfd, sometimes gets stucked, looks like it's too heavy for itself... so I am pretty sure, this bracket was removed because, it was slowing it down...easy solution...

3 months later
#2344 4 years ago

Hi guys,
I have some troubles with the mini playfield at this time; it gets stuck around the middle when rising or even when going down, never able to get the third level...obviously it shows the error message from mini playfield...
I checked twice and there is nothing which could block or prevent the MP from going up or down, and thing is, when in the playfield is in the upright position, when I do the mini PF test, it works perfectly fine! But as soon as the playfield is down, it gets stuck again... it's like the the all thing was too heavy to be lifted...I did apply some grease around the metal bracket to help but not efficient.
At this point I don't know what else I could do, except maybe change the motor, so every suggestions will be welcome, thanks!

8 months later
#3643 4 years ago

I am trying to restore a Dr who which is not in a very good shape.
I found these 2 wires under the upper flipper going nowhere...I am not sure if it's normal or not, can someone confirm it? Thanks.

IMG_20200208_130835 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_130835 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3743 4 years ago

Hi everyone,
I am finishing to restore a Dr who, which had not an esay life. I am almost done, but now, I have the (classic?) problem with the mini playfield.
It says error, direction reversed.
Powering up, it goes up and down normally, but fails to pass the test. During gameplay, as soon as the 2 balls are locked, it goes right to the upper position, but does not stop to the middle one.
I also noticed that there is not the sequence when you need to hit the grey targets after locking the 2 balls, it starts immedialtly the multiball...I don't know if it's related or not?
Do have any suggestions to help me? thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lanfeust.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=lanfeust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.