(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenman74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#893 8 years ago

I just got my first and favorite pin yesterday. I spent my entire summer between High School and College (and probably $100 in quarters) playing Doctor Who.

drwhopin_(resized).jpgdrwhopin_(resized).jpg

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Hey guys. I'm trying to remember where this goes. Can anyone show me a picture or give me a hint?

1453091747873165665989_(resized).jpg

It goes right behind the TARDIS.

1453519286390-1345660000_(resized).jpg1453519286390-1345660000_(resized).jpg

#898 8 years ago

So, it looks like we are going to have to rebuild the mini-playfield. It is pretty worn out on one side.
Does anyone have any advice, pictures, diagrams, videos for order of disassembly and reassembly?

#901 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Here's a pic of mine.
Tom.

image-438.jpg

My Doctor Who is missing this assembly. Anyone know where I can get one?

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry I've been away. This is by far one of my favorite threads on Pinside. During my restore the group here was invaluable. I can be a bit of a flake with pinball a lot of the time. I know I owe some people some free WHO stickers. Please send me an email at richmondpinball at gmail dot com
I'm selling some stuff and wanted to get an opinion on value and then first crack to this group. This is not an auction, I just want fair value.
I plan on attending ReplayFX and could bring them
would like to sell as a lot
NOS slings(that I can tell)
Pinbits Protector set. They made these from drawings I had done.
Repro Apron decals
Repro Target decals
Repro TE decal
Famed flyer
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Do you still have any of these items. I could use all of them, sadly.

#904 8 years ago

Thanks FAZ! I'm sure this will help immensely.

#909 8 years ago

I was able to find it on Marco. I am missing the little reset arm that resets the Dalek on the bottom level of the mini-playfield.

Thank you.

#910 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

I think he means the Dalek Release Bracket and Roller.
The bracket has been sold by Macro..... OUCH!
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15355
The roller is unobtainium, but you can pick up a nylon roller at a hardware store. It's 3/4" by 3/4"
faz

Yes. Thank you FAZ. You rock.

#911 8 years ago

I am looking for a Roller Change Kit and a Main Bracket Assembly for the MPF and every website I have looked at is out of stock.
Does anyone have any extras or know who does?

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What's the issue with yours? Or is it missing?

The mini-playfield keeps on binding or getting hung up on something. There is definitely something mechanical going on.

#915 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

When checking search under both dr who and doctor who.
They are available in Australia but the cost would kill it.

Can you send me a website address, because every place I've looked at over the last two days are "out of stock". When I call them, they don't think that they will ever get them back in stock, because their suppliers are out.

#917 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would take it apart, give everything a really good cleaning first. I bet the issue is not the rollers, but the frame is out of square (which is really common.)

Thanks you. You give me hope, DSuperBee.

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It is part of owning a Doctor Who. You will be working on the MPF sooner or later. It is a certainty, like death and taxes

I figured as much. The MPF certainly does take a beating.

#923 8 years ago

I can not how thankful I am of you all and this forum. You all have been exceptionally kind and helpful to a fellow Whovian Pinhead.

tumblr_inline_n57hj7uSZw1rd9df7_(resized).pngtumblr_inline_n57hj7uSZw1rd9df7_(resized).png

#965 8 years ago

Thank you FAZ. Your instructions have been perfect so far, for disassembling the MPF.

As I have been going along, I have found of what looks like saw dust and metal shavings all gunked up in all the grease.
John C.

20160203_112623_(resized).jpg20160203_112623_(resized).jpg

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Looks like someone tried to burn the grease off with a flame thrower. Yikes!
You got it this far. Take the whole thing apart, scrub it clean and spray the whole thing with silicone... wipe off excess.
Don't add extra grease, oil or lithim.
faz

I have found something that resembles an epoxy stuck on one of the rollers. Perhaps the previous owner had glued something above the MPF and it dribbled down.

There also seems to be some wear at the outside of one of the inside rails. It is maybe only a quarter of a millimeter. Should I be concerned?

1454644659936183083957_(resized).jpg1454644659936183083957_(resized).jpg

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

WOW! That game has seen a lot of action.
My guess is the bracket got out of square (pigeon toed) pulling the rollers at a slight angle. Look at those cuts!
Well, when you get it back together correctly checking for square and for center (the cam) it should work fine.
faz

One of the inside rollers was not moving. Looks like for many plays. I am guessing that hardened playfield wax may be the culprit.

#976 8 years ago

It is with a heavy heart I write this post...

I have removed the MPF, with the guidance of FAZ's MPF instruction manual. I have spent the last two weeks making sure I have followed his instructions to the letter. As I cleaned the rails within an inch of its life, I have discovered some major wear damage. Yet, I forged ahead hoping that the wear on the tracks was result of the MPF getting stuck not the cause.

Now, that everything has been cleaned, re-lubed, reassembled, and the MPF tests run. The MPF still gets stuck. Thefore, my biggest dread must be true. The severe wear damage to the rail creates too much play and allows the MPF to get stuck.

If I can not find a proper replacement rail, I will have to find someone who can manufacturer one.

detail_(resized).jpgdetail_(resized).jpg

#978 8 years ago

After a restless night sleep, I was going to spend the morning treating the Doctor. I turned it on, with the intent of running the MPF test again. Yet out of habit and pure muscle memory I hit the start button before I got the key in the coin door.

At first I thought " oh, poop", but it went through its MPF diagnostic/alignment routine. AND NOTHING WENT WRONG???

So, I started to play. Then I played another. Then another. Then another. Next I knew I played for almost an hour and a half without a single issue.
?????

Did the Doctor banish what ever time manipulating, transgender dimensional, alien race that was determined to take over my Pinball Machine?
Thank you Doctor and the Gallifreyan High Council President, FAZ.

Prydonian_(resized).jpgPrydonian_(resized).jpg

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from Greenman74:

Did the Doctor banish what ever time manipulating, transgender dimensional, alien race that was determined to take over my Pinball Machine?

OOPS!
it was supposed to say, "...transdimensional, alien race..."
Silly autocorrect.

#981 8 years ago

Are you Effing kidding me?
A one in a million shot.
It is not like I was having a hard enough time with the MPF already.

20160207_195850_001_(resized).jpg20160207_195850_001_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#988 8 years ago

I think it is time for me to upgrade to a Color DMD.
Does anyone have any recommend websites? How much should I expect to pay? Anyone have any experience and advice for swapping them out?

#989 8 years ago
#990 8 years ago

I am missing some sort of post under the Cliffhanger & Whomobile ramps, just in front of the Tansmat pop bumpers. Could someone take a picture of theirs so I can order the correct piece?
Thanks

20160220_195254_(resized).jpg20160220_195254_(resized).jpg

20160220_195236_(resized).jpg20160220_195236_(resized).jpg

#992 8 years ago

Thank you, Chipleader.
Apparently, am I not only missing a post, but I'm missing a rubber and have the wrong type of posts.
That would stop the ball from getting stuck there.
I have more work to do, I see.

#993 8 years ago

Chipleader,
Would you happen to know the size of the larger "rubber"?

1 week later
#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yup, ColorDMD is the way to go. It's a high pricetag, but includes the file for the Dr Who where they've painstakenly hand colored all the frames, it's easy to install and is a major upgrade to the game. The more DIY options run about $250 for the parts, have more assembly required, and then the color pallet is more approximated based on 4 colors you choose. Those work great for pins where no one has or is going to create full color for them (like say most Sega or Data East titles), but you want the real deal if it's available.
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video. I'm definitely going to save up for a color dmd. Perhaps it will be a father's day present for myself.

1 month later
#1049 8 years ago

SKYPILOT,
The blue legs, lock down bar, and rails look awesome. I will have to do the same.
Did you use krylon?

#1053 8 years ago

These stickers are inside my Doctor Who. Does anyone know anything them?

FB_IMG_1460939465256_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1460939465256_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 110.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenman74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=greenman74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.