(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fairground.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

Please include me,bought my Doctor mid 2012. This is my favourite companion.............. from my time when I started watching the series. I always wanted to be her 069.JPG069.JPG

#51 10 years ago

I have PDI glass on my doctor and it is just like there is no glass at all. Minimum// Error: Image 175138 not found // glare/reflection, and I have mirror blades and leds. I took the pic with my iphone, so not the greatest, but an idea of what I mean.
007 (2)-560.JPG007 (2)-560.JPG

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Yep, most of the stuff was Thinkgeek. The hub was a few years old. When I discovered that it was an exact size match, the dremel tool decided to pay it a visit.
The tin dog is the Doctor Who K-9 Diecast Keychain that can be found at various places online with some sticky tape on the bottom.

Is that boards wallpaper behind your doctor who pinny?

#89 10 years ago

Very cool indeed!! Thanks for sharing

2 weeks later
#113 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Too cold to do cabinet work so stopped working on the playfield. Ugh. I have been playing a lot more pinball to procrastinate on the restore. Best hobby in the world.

Hope you get your restore mojo back Taylor! You are cold, its a bit hot here, 47C outside temp of my car driving home from work phew!!! Looking forward to an ice cold corona image.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#145 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Sorry, meant to post this vid of mine...
» YouTube video

Nice, I have PDI on mine, just like no glass at all

#147 10 years ago

Welcome aboard

#153 10 years ago

Very cool Dave.

3 weeks later
#175 9 years ago

Thanks David, have placed my order

2 weeks later
#185 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Installed and looking good!

Can you put a photo up of them installed please. I have mine ordered

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Finally some progress to report.
New ramps installed as well as time expander.

New time expander cover has been riveted for install as well.

Sweet

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

I'm glad to see you guys like the speaker inserts. I thought they turned out pretty nice myself but you just never know until the public gives you feedback. Thanks a bunch.

Got my gold daleks on Monday here in Aus. Thanks Dave for making these awesome inserts

1 week later
#192 9 years ago

Thanks, ive installed mine now

2 weeks later
#204 9 years ago

Brilliant ........... must subscribe.. thanks for sharing

1 month later
#266 9 years ago

Wow LouMatt how awesome, thanks for sharing

#279 9 years ago

Hi taylor, Ive just sent you an email with pics if this is the one you meanimage.jpgimage.jpg

#280 9 years ago

Thats very cool Paladin, mine should be here next week according to the tracking, looking forward to installing (big thanks to Toads who is adjusting the boards and helping me to install)

#290 9 years ago

Got my DMD yesterday, thank you to Toads who installed it for me tonight, so awesome in colour and they match the cabinet colours nicely

Toads had first play to kick dalek butt in colour

1 week later
4 weeks later
#353 9 years ago

I notice that mine shoot sdtm during game but if you end the game with them still locked they shoot out to the flippers. Is there such an adjustment? I have just accepted that is how it is hmmmmm

#355 9 years ago

Thanks dsuperbee

#361 9 years ago

Thanks Accidental.

2 weeks later
#384 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Here are pics of my DW with the Cointaker full LED kit. I haven't done the time expander or the red controlled lights in front of the time expander. I'm waiting to do those when I have time to tear it apart to install the Cliffy's.

Sweet! Some mirror blades would complement those LEDs

2 weeks later
#398 9 years ago

They look cool Taylor

#404 9 years ago

Welcome aboard, is that a cot blanket on your new baby ?

1 month later
#448 9 years ago

Thats really cool Taylor, well done!

1 month later
#457 9 years ago

Welcome E D, somehow we all make room for 'just one more' I have my 3 plus babysitting 2 in my lounge/dining room.

#465 9 years ago

Shimoda, I am so grateful that you did make the colour dmd for Doctor Who. I absolutely love it. Thank you.

4 weeks later
#510 9 years ago
Quoted from selmo:

Hiya -- those are my Dalek posts. I hadn't "announced" them yet -- I was waiting for some pictures of them installed on a Dr Who playfield (but I've been slow in sending my prototypes to my "testers"
But feel free to try them out, comments and feedback welcome. Unfortunately, Shapeways does not offer the best color choices for playfield parts -- they really look better in transparent red or blue (and lit from underneath!)

They are awesome!

3 weeks later
#555 9 years ago

Very nice

1 week later
#571 9 years ago

Hope you are not sooking about the cost........ great they have them in stock, reasonable price I think. Good thing you dont live in my neck of the woods and have to pay extra $ and extra freight to get it here. I save up for my Doctor Who parts that I cant get in Aus

2 weeks later
#589 9 years ago

TaylorVA's restore thread shows how he cleaned the topper plastic https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-restore/page/4#post-1880526

2 weeks later
#596 9 years ago

Looking nice

1 month later
#598 8 years ago

agodfrey, very nice I like your design. would you add yellow and red to it?
image.jpgimage.jpg
I was in Melbourne on the weekend, and thought ....... gee that blue and striping reminds me of something ....... maybe they are contemplating time travel

#608 8 years ago

When you have done all your troubleshooting on your MPF make a new grey cover for the optos, any light getting in can upset too.

2 weeks later
#622 8 years ago

Welcome to the club, you have definitely made a good choice

#629 8 years ago

Nice stock there Taylor. I have no idea what they would sell for, or what to offer, bet they are getting snapped up as i type
Cheers
Allison

#641 8 years ago

Nice modding rgb635 wow, shaker motor, I know how that feels in my ACDC, would be great in my doctor who. I really like what you have done with your topper

1 month later
#695 8 years ago

Three's a crowd
don't think any amount of nudging was going to split up these

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#755 8 years ago

Don't know if this has been posted before

#758 8 years ago

i have the 'copycat' wobble head kit. Works ok but shakes a little like it has Parkinson's some times. It was the only one available and I was ignorantly unaware at the time to the proper one. Would have been in like Flynn otherwise.

3 months later
#847 8 years ago

It's the vertical up kicker. (zoom)
PLUNGER ARMATURE BALL POPPER ASSEMBLY
#A-15580
Ball popper armature assembly 02-4616
Used in Bally DOCTOR WHO pinball machine.
Reference:
A-15580

Replaces:
02-4616
Weight: 1.5 oz

#855 8 years ago

And cliffys and mirror blades and pdi glass

2 weeks later
#954 8 years ago

That is such a funky sound I really like it! "Stayin Alive" how cool.

2 weeks later
#985 8 years ago

That is a cool pic what is the character ?

1 month later
#1042 8 years ago

I really like my colourDMD dots especially video mode the only time I really get to see the action I only see the topper at the end when my time is over.........after the laughter ......

1 month later
#1085 7 years ago

Sweet! I always love video mode especially in colour and what a cool sound

7 months later
#1183 7 years ago

I received this awesome Christmas present. Soon to be hung next to my DW

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#1206 7 years ago

Hi everyone. I am considering getting a set of Titan rubbers for my Doctor Who. If anyone has them on theirs can I see some pics and some opinions of colours before I go ahead please? So many awesome colours ............
Thanks
Allison

2 weeks later
#1220 7 years ago

Oh dear....... Your car is not a Tardis lol.

3 weeks later
#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi folks-
I am considering joining the club - I was wondering what types of mods are available, other than the Dalek topper?

These gold dalek speaker inserts are pretty cool

IMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPG

#1277 7 years ago

pinballshark
That clip certainly reflects the amount of work you have poured into the sound. I felt like I was in one of the episodes and I can definitely imagine how it would enhance (hopefully improve) my game play. Thanks for sharing.

1 year later
#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Haven't seen many of these unique parts around. Looking to obtain some nice NOS Mushroom buttons.
Anyone 3d Print these. Sorry if this is a common question but mine are nasty looking.

ebay.com link: DR WHO 1992 BALLY TARGET BUTTON GRAY mushrooms from time expander 03 8654

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from acmeman:

Does anyone know where I can get the black plastic strip on the very leading front edge of the mini Playfield? Mine has gotten rough and has bowed up now to where the ball gets caught inside the mini Playfield and won't come out. I'm can't find anything listing it anywhere. pinball_faz have any help?

Cliffy has them. Also, when you glue the new one on, make sure you don't tighten the posts back down too hard. I did and it bowed.

#1789 6 years ago

Oh is that each? Yes rip off. I thought for whole set

6 months later
#2070 5 years ago

The new Doctor has been revealed. I am female but I don’t like the direction that the television series has progressed. It won’t stop me enjoying playing though

2 months later
#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Will add those cliffys too. Have the "edge protector"cliffy already and it's a right fit AND the other two cliffy need to fit in there somehow too. I reckon I will just shave 1/16 " from the time expander itself.

No.......... I recommend you hone the bracket slots like this

IMG_2165 (resized).JPGIMG_2165 (resized).JPG
#2143 5 years ago

Hi @yellowghost I had to hone the brackets to allow the new mpf I purchased to sit an extra 8th of an inch back. I then ensured it sat back enough to accommodate the cliffy. You will have to hone and check as you go to suit your mpf moving. Read my thread here and I hope it makes sense https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-mpf-hey-cpr-my-doctor-is-not-a-dud-oddball
Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

£ 110.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fairground.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=fairground and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.