(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docbeaks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1218 7 years ago

I am finally part of the club! Well sort of. I was able to wiggle it into the back of my Outback but now I can't get it out!

IMG_5875[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5875[1] (resized).JPG

3 years later
#3993 4 years ago

The only good thing about this COVID-19 quarantine is that I finally have time to work on my DW. I have played it for years and never thought there was any problems other then the time factors advancing more then once with each mushroom hit. I thought I had a light leak so I was never concerned. I ran the tests and found Switches L1 and L2 were not working. I also found that string 1 and 2 (brown and orange) of my GI was completely out, but the topper lights where always on. My understanding is that the topper lights are on string 2. They stay on during all five GI string tests and never dim. I got my Faz guide and I am diving in. Wish me luck.

#4003 4 years ago

I decided to tackle my GI string problem. Thanks pinballinreno you were right on. My J120-1 was burned. I did check the fuses first (they were ok). I looked in the manual and noticed that the J120 connector and the J121 connector had been switched. I went to pinwiki and saw that on the power driver board the J120 and J121 are wired together so I guess it does not matter. The orange wire in J120-2 looked well seated but I pulled the brown and orange wires and reseated them into the connector and then switched J120 and J121 to correspond to the manual. The GI strings are back on!! Should I change out the burned connector? Are J120 and J121 the same? Makes me wonder since the orange wire looked fine.

IMG_4197 (resized).jpgIMG_4197 (resized).jpgIMG_4199 (resized).jpgIMG_4199 (resized).jpg
#4047 4 years ago

I got my optos working. Someone jumpered the "C" legs on IR receivers Q1 and Q2. It must have been a cold solder joint. I resoldered it and it works. You can see the jumpers under the new swinks carrier. As you can see I have the blue carrier and am not having any issues. I am using the original boards so I can't say the pindora boards will work. I would go with the opinion of pinballinreno as he is very knowledgeable. I would advise swinks to leave the colored options as the blue looks good and I am not having problems. Owners with original boards might want one of the colors. Maybe put an advisory on the order page? And thanks for designing this fantastic opto carrier replacement

IMG_4201 (resized).jpgIMG_4201 (resized).jpgIMG_4203 (resized).jpgIMG_4203 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

£ 110.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docbeaks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=docbeaks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.