(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1923 5 years ago

Is there supposed to be a post sleeve installed at the tip of the left-hand inline/outlane ball guide? If so, what diameter sleeve? There is on mine, but for some reason, the sleeve appears to be too big and when the ball starts down the left outlane, it gets stuck between the sleeve and side of the machine since there isn't enough space for it to pass. Could just be my sleeve is swollen and I need a new one. Or it could be the previous owner just put one in to make the game easier......

Anyone have any thoughts and if possible, could someone post a picture of what this area should look like?

#1927 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

No post sleeve there.

That's what I suspected. Probably installed as a hack to increase ball time. Nothing like a previous owner just putting a screw straight into the playfield.....sigh.

2 months later
#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hello all, I just joined the club with an overall nice game that's been sitting neglected for about 6 years. (No batteries in there, phew!) I read ALL the posts in this group and even waited patiently for my package from Cliffy to arrive before touching that mini playfield. It seems to be working fine, just some old grease to clean up, however, it is missing the roller that rides on the motor cam that lowers and raises it. I was hoping to find it in the cabinet but all I found was the associated e-clip. Is there a source for a single roller?
I saw Marco offers a full roller kit for $30 but I'm hoping to find a single one, or even a hardware store equivalent locally.

How does this affect the operation of the mini-playfield? I ask because I have yet to take apart my mini playfield for replacement (already have a new mini-playfield and the cliffys for it, just haven't gotten around to it yet) but when mine raises, it settles crooked, with the right side being a little lower than the left. Not low enough to affect game play, but this has me wondering if a missing or damaged roller could be the issue I might want to look for when I do take it apart....

3 weeks later
#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's pretty awesome. I love this game but the translite is probably the crappiest art in pinball history.
This is the one I decided to go with instead.
[quoted image]

I have the same alternate translite. Absolutely love it and it really adds to the visual appeal of the machine. People complain about the light show when the translite isn't the original, but I find that it actually looks really good with this particular one.

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from BaronRouge:

animated logo and flashing doctors...

Don't the doctors light up appropriately on the speaker panel anyway? That solves that particular problem for me.....

1 year later
#3882 4 years ago

Since I'm basically stuck in the house for the foreseeable future, finally decided to do the mini playfield rebuild I've been meaning to get to for about forever.

Just finished replacing the mini playfield itself, complete with the cliffys that I've had in a box for a year. Man, it sure would have been nice if that mini playfield had been dimpled..... Took forever just to make sure everything would line up correctly before dimpling it.... But I'm happy with the progress so far.

Before and after......

IMG_20200325_163044971 (resized).jpgIMG_20200325_163044971 (resized).jpgIMG_20200330_152643842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200330_152643842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_002038063 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_002038063 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_001941734 (resized).jpgIMG_20200331_001941734 (resized).jpg
#3883 4 years ago

Quick question...... When I removed the motor/cam mounting bracket from the bottom of the main support bracket, I found 4 metal standoffs of various sizes between the 2 brackets. My understanding was that these 2 brackets should just connect to each other directly, with nothing in between. Are these supposed to be here, or is just some random previous owner hack-job?

IMG_20200330_133440720 (resized).jpgIMG_20200330_133440720 (resized).jpg
#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from Xantari:

So I made a small video and a picture of the "starting / lowered" position of the cam assembly for the mini playfield (so I don't screw it up if I play with it).
I really don't see how I can make any improvements to the minor rocking that occurs when it raises / lowers. The cam assembly has about 1/16th of an inch of forward/backward space to it so there is always going to be some movement.
I've seen videos of very smooth up/down action but i'm not sure how I could achieve that due to the approx 1/16th of inch play in the roller wheels.
Here is a video of me moving it back and forth. Not a major amount of play, but enough that I think it's what causes the slight up/down gyrations I posted in my video earlier (which at the time didn't seem too bad until I seen videos of a perfectly smooth up/down action).
Cam can be seen in the picture far to the left. You can't really move it any more forward as the elevator assembly prevents much movement of it.
To be clear, i'm just talking about the left/right movement the mini playfield makes when it starts to go down, or reach's it's very top.
Or is that normal?
Thoughts?

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Have you followed the service bulletin they released that addresses right/left cant?

#3893 4 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions for what material is the best to use to reproduce the shroud that blocks out the light for the optos in the 5-bank target on the mini playfield to function correctly? Mine is pretty torn up and I occasionally have opto issues. Would standard matte black paper be acceptable, or should some sort of fireproof/heatproof material be used? Thoughts?

#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Honestly, that shroud is only necessary if you are not using the 3D printed carrier. It is a pain in the ass to get on, and really looks like crap after a nice resto job. Here is one I made from fishpaper, but did not like it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting.... My shroud doesn't have "sides"..... But then again, I'm past the point of believing what I see is what should be there. When I took it apart, I also found small pieces of cut up credit cards being used strategically when light must have been interfering with an opto. Classic stuff.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 110.00
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.