(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cleatus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#859 8 years ago

New member here....
I said member....heh

anyway. Is this the spot to post questions on a DR Who pin on the fritz? I did mail Lloyd for info, but I have a couple questions.

TL;DR reason: turned pin on, came up with "check fuse 114, 115" I did, and they were fine...where next? (LED 1,2,3 are not lit)
In the process of messin with it, I think I killed the board (or at lease a component -possibly rectifier --on the board above the large "main" board.

just looking for some help-a-roonie on this.

thanks!!

I do have pics and such of the boards

#869 8 years ago

Lets pretend I suck at semi advanced electronic repair...and my multi meter is a pile...

Are there any recommended board repair folks here? I would be willing to sacrifice a longer wait time for a lower price if needed.

thanks!

#870 8 years ago

also--can anyone recommend a high quality multimeter? I hear Fluke is good, but wondering if there was something cheaper, but just as good--without the fluke name.

1 month later
#1010 8 years ago

got a question--I sent my sound and mainboard to get repaired after I killed it (there is a previous post on this...lol)

....I put it all back together and fired it up. the power comes on, but the display board on the head is just random pixles, and get no sound--doesn't seem to be booting up.
I think I have all the connections right back on the boards as I labeled most on for non-obvious sized ones.

do you think I killed the CPU/board? and/or display board too?

just looking for some expertise before I send them in
might be able to get a picture of the display, but it seems to be random pixels over the entire surface--maybe 20% of the dots randomly lit.

#1013 8 years ago

good news!!!

after reseating/checking plugs, I got the display to work!!! honestly, I don't know what I did as I seemed to put the plugs back where I found them--without moving over onto missed pins
]
BUT....the sound doesn't work. I get the usual pop when it fires up, then about 20 very fast "tics" out of the speakers then nothing.
I get the pop when turning off too.

hmmm-- kinda wondering about that data cable to the sound board....

any ideas on this one?

#1014 8 years ago

update
fter goofing with the ribbon cable...it DID boot correctly---once...and that stopped working a min. into the game.

I figured it was a bad cable. got a new one on the way

hope that fixes it!!!

#1016 8 years ago

Looks like you are probably right Black knight.
got the new cable installed, booted up once with sound and it stopped working shortly after---like right after it gave me the "keep hands away from mini playfield" then nothing.
Restarted it and got the rapid clicks for a second then nothing.
I did send the sound board and "main" large board for repairs, and would hope that he looked at those pins at least.
Possibly bad pins on anoter board that connects to sound board with the ribbon cable?

If it is, can I visually see the issue? would it be something the average joe blow could fix?

10 months later
#1205 7 years ago

quick speaker question-- I was having some issues with sound--would work for a min then stop. Clive suggested that my speakers may be wired wrong. I think he is likely100% correct as it looks kinda thrown together. its spliced and taped, and wondering if someone didn't try to patch it together, and got it all wrong.

can someone show me a "simple" diagram of how they should be wired? (top two speakers)

I currently have two different sized speakers on the front panel, and the right one has a capacitor/choke thingie (I think) in line to it.
I am no expert, but think this mess is wired wrong. right now, I have two wires going up to two separate plugs on the sound board--kinda loose/ not bundles with the rest of the wires.

1 week later
#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from Cleatus:

quick speaker question-- I was having some issues with sound--would work for a min then stop. Clive suggested that my speakers may be wired wrong. I think he is likely100% correct as it looks kinda thrown together. its spliced and taped, and wondering if someone didn't try to patch it together, and got it all wrong.
can someone show me a "simple" diagram of how they should be wired? (top two speakers)
I currently have two different sized speakers on the front panel, and the right one has a capacitor/choke thingie (I think) in line to it.
I am no expert, but think this mess is wired wrong. right now, I have two wires going up to two separate plugs on the sound board--kinda loose/ not bundles with the rest of the wires.

UPDATE:
I ended up having a pinball repair dude come out...he went over a ton of stuff, including repairing all of the flippers, some soldering, some bumper rubbers way in back, some LEDS, and repairing a bad chip on one of the boards...etc...

anyway, he ended up reseating the sound board "cpu" and the sound is working fine. just wanted to let people know if they are having sound issues, to maybe give that a shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

£ 110.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cleatus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=cleatus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.