(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1441 6 years ago

Just joined the Dr Who club and really like the machine so far. After rebuilding a battery damaged CPU the machine is up and running well. It needs a thorough cleaning (was in a smoking enviroment) and a full shop job with fresh balls and rubber rings. I'm trying to gather up all the parts before I start and noticed a broken post/fastener by the upper jet bumper as shown in the picture. Can someone post a good picture of what that post is supposed to be like? If you can reference the Bally part # that would help!

The machine was also missing the two apron screws in the front that hold it on. Would like to get the correct ones installed but don't know which ones were used since they are long gone.

This machine seems like a keeper. Any common parts that wear on these that I should think about buying a spare? I've read about a few gear boxes going out and it may be worth getting one to have on hand.

BrokenPost (resized).jpgBrokenPost (resized).jpg

#1442 6 years ago

On the Time Expander there are a couple stickers on the inside edge near the front of the sides. Are there supposed to be stickers here and if so are they available? The ones on it are worn. I wasn't sure if those are supposed to be there or someone just added them and they should be removed.

TimeExpander (resized).jpgTimeExpander (resized).jpg

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from RocketFromTombs:

Also, as I was going through the tests, the machine would keep resetting. I'm guessing something is taking down the 5v, but as I was doing a quick check on stuff, there was a sudden sparking over by the audio board/fliptronics board area. Quickly turned it off, and investigated to find this on the audio board:
C26 is exploderated! Any ideas what I should be checking out next?
-Brian, off to find the correct schematics for the audio board.

That looks like a tantalum capacitor and those usually fail shorted. As it was going it probably pulled a lot of current and caused the issues were seeing until it blew and opened up. With it open it may come up again but you'll have to replace that soon before you start using the machine.

#1448 6 years ago

Can someone get a picture of the correct apron screws that go in the front of the apron and hold it to the playfield? Those two screws are missing and I want to get the right ones. Either that or a part # for them would be great.

#1451 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anybody ever seen the ramp decals for sale? (I mean without the ramps). I am missing a decal on the Hangon ramp and in general my ramp decals are kinda iffy

Not yet but you may want to message the places that sell the reproductions with stickers to see if they have a spare set of stickers to sell. Doesn't hurt to ask.

#1456 6 years ago

If anyone has the glass off the playfield can you take a picture of the front of the apron? Still trying to determine the correct two screws to get. Are the philips heads or 1/4 hex heads? Sheet metal style or machine screw? Also size 6, 8 or something else and how long? If it is in the manual I missed it.

#1459 6 years ago

Awesome. Thank you! I took a chance and had ordered a couple different styles and I think one of them is an exact match for the one pictured. Now I can get the correct one installed.

1 week later
#1463 6 years ago

Can someone get a picture of the DMD display showing the default switch settings after the machine is powered on with all three balls loaded in the tough? I'd like to compare that with my machine and it would also help others that are troubleshooting their machines.

Thank You.

#1464 6 years ago

I ran into an odd issue with Dr Who after cleaning and servicing a pop bumper and shopping the machine. Everything seems to work perfectly but after locking the second ball in the TE the third ball seems to automatically launch on its own. If I recall correctly it didn't do that before and I always had to press the launch button. I'm wondering if I may need to adjust a switch or two or if I knocked something loose. I'd like to start by comparing the normal switch states with someone else's machine and will go through all the diagnostics tonight.

#1465 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can someone get a picture of the DMD display showing the default switch settings after the machine is powered on with all three balls loaded in the tough? I'd like to compare that with my machine and it would also help others that are troubleshooting their machines.

The attached image is the one from my machine with three balls loaded. Does that match up with the other Dr Who machines out there? I'd like to confirm this is correct. If not let me know what is different and I can check that section out.

DR_Who_Switches (resized).jpgDR_Who_Switches (resized).jpg

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I ran into an odd issue with Dr Who after cleaning and servicing a pop bumper and shopping the machine. Everything seems to work perfectly but after locking the second ball in the TE the third ball seems to automatically launch on its own. If I recall correctly it didn't do that before and I always had to press the launch button.

Can anyone confirm if you see the same behavior on your Doctor Who after locking the second ball in the Time Expander? I'd like to know if it is normal for the machine to launch the third ball automatically or wait to select a doctor then hit the launch button. Don't want to troubleshoot a problem that may not exist.

#1469 6 years ago

Thanks for posting that picture! It looks like the default switches are all ok since I had the door open at the time. The pictures will be a good reference and may help someone troubleshooting.

I still get that ball launch most of the time on the third ball so I will double check all the wiring to see if I can see anything out of place. Other than that the machine is playing well. Just trying to work out any remaining bugs to make it 100%

#1470 6 years ago

Has anyone found a matching red paint for the graphics on the sides of Dr who that is commonly faded? One side of mine is faded to just yellow and I have a friend that should be able to airbrush the red on that faded side to restore the original look.

If you've already done it what paint did you use, what equipment, and how did it turn out?

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

You either need to match the paint on the un-faded side or repaint the whole machine with the same red. Adding another "red" into the mix feels like it's going to end badly.... full disclosure: I've never done this kind of resto before but I did stay at a Holiday Inn....
faz

I get what you're saying but I'd still like to know if someone has already found a particular brand of paint that worked well and was a close match. There isn't any fade I can see on the left side or front of my cabinet. Even if the red is a hair off I'm sure it would better than only yellow on the right side. That whole side needs the red done but I wouldn't touch the front or left side.

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

The time expander covers have been remade by Freeplay40 in this forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/28#post-3781724
He makes excellent quality repo ramps!

I just picked up one of these as a spare and it is extremely well made. Definitely a great item to get if you need a replacement or want one for when it eventually does break. My new decal should be here tomorrow.

Are there any other parts known to go bad besides some of the plastics like this and the MP motor?

#1474 6 years ago

Can someone check to see how the weight is attached to the tilt rod? The weight on mine was sitting in the cabinet and just has the bare rod hanging down. I'm not sure if they used a regular nut or a nylock nut and if there were more than one used. The next time you have your coin door open can you take a quick look to see what is used on your machine?

Thank You!

#1475 6 years ago

Anyone know who stocks the cliffy protectors that go on the mini playfield and also the edge of the opening on the main play field? Those are still on my wish list of parts to get. I haven't found any in stock yet.

#1478 6 years ago

I think the rod is threaded but I will double check tonight. If it ends up being 4-40 threads then I think I may have one.

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

If the rod isn't threaded, a small spring clip is used instead. If it's threaded, a wing nut or two is what holds the bob in place

Is this the clip that you have on your machine?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10289

I wonder if all the Dr Who machines used this or if some have a wing nut to hold it in place.

2 weeks later
#1492 6 years ago

A friend of mine just pointed out that the posts on the outlanes are adjustable. How are they set on your machine (up or down) and does anyone know how they were set from the factory?

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I keep em in the middle, the out lanes are brutal on DW, but I like the challenge

It looks like mine are up at the top and I agree they can be brutal. Seems that after the fresh rubber rings and parts were installed it got worse. I may try to bring them down a bit to see if that helps.

I'm still really enjoying this game but need a lot more practice on it.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Thanks!
Yeah, I was surprised too when I showed up to see it how much color there still was on the sides. Almost makes the lack of topper bearable (now I gotta find one). The playfield is pretty much virgin as well.... smooth and shiny, no wear that I can see. Plus the guy bought powder coated legs... which look really nice in person. I think this and The Shadow are my nicest looking pins.

I saw someone selling a topper on eBay that looked like one of the prototype movable ones. A bit steep but may be worth messaging him with an offer.

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

All doctor who pins have factory clearcoated. I believe they all have the DP logo, since it is an earlier WPC era game, but I could be wrong.

I think you're right on that. My Dr Who has the Diamond Plate coating too. I read that they started doing that from the last of the BOP machines on.

3 weeks later
#1566 6 years ago

There is an old thread on different strategies here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-strategies

2 weeks later
#1594 6 years ago

Found a cool poster of the Tardis and framed it to hang on the wall by the Dr Who machine.

dr_who (resized).jpgdr_who (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

I had the mixes removed a while back because of all the tech support requests I kept getting. But, now I get requests wondering where they are, lol. Anyway, I asked for them to be put back up on pinsound-community.org as I'd like to update them as well. Just waiting for a response from them at this point.
These are all the Pinsound mixes I made for DW. There's about 50 hours invested in making them.
Modern
» YouTube video
Disco
» YouTube video
Doctorin' the Tardis
» YouTube video
Doctor Who Meets Metal
» YouTube video

Your mixes are awesome! Makes me want to buy a Pinsound board for my machine. That and the led version of the ColorDMD.

Robert

3 months later
#1731 6 years ago

It seems that some of the newer bands are thicker than the originals. I've never had a ball stuck where you show but have had it hang up on the rubber at the post because of the thicker ring. Going to install some yellow superbands instead the next time I shop the machine.

1 week later
#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Anyone interested in these battery adaptors for a single 1/2 AA lithium battery. Get rid of the Alcaline leakable batteries and just plug this adapter into your 3AA battery holder with a 1/2 AA lithium battery instead.
$10 a piece
$12 shipping (up to 5 adapter sets).
Cheers
/mima

I just started using the Energizer Lithium AA batteries in the holder on the board. Friends that use them say they last a long time and haven't heard of them leaking although I think just about any battery can leak. On the one older game which doesn't use the date/time I just went NVRAM.

#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone installed a color DMD LED board in this game?
I am getting ready to tackle this project and need to know if it is small enough to allow the original light strip to stay in place to light up the doctors on the speaker panel.
I know the LCD is to large to allow this.

From everything I have read the LED version is the same size as the original DMD so it just bolts in place. None of the hacks that the LCD version requires are needed so it is easily reversible. At some point I will upgrade my machine and will get the LED version.

1 month later
#1772 6 years ago

I was having an issue with the ball getting stuck as it tried to enter the Tardis from the entrance from the Jet bumpers. It turns out that the rings in the ring kit that I originally installed were a bit too thick causing the ball to catch. Last night I pulled it back apart and installed a fresh set of yellow superbands for all the rings except for the slingshots which got blue ones. It plays much better now and I like the look of the yellow bands much better! I also got some blue and couple orange post bumpers. Would definitely recommend it! The flippers still have the regular red rubber bands and those work fine.

The only issue I have to track down is that sometimes it doesn't always register the balls in the tough properly. I've replace those switches but may need to double check the adjustment and then all the wiring and connectors but I should be able to fix it.

At some point I need to pull apart the Mini playfield and check the opto's. I have a feeling that I get multiple hits and I plan to install that 3D printed light shield to help with that. I printed a couple in black ABS and they turned out great.

Robert

DRWHO_SB (resized).jpgDRWHO_SB (resized).jpg

#1773 6 years ago

I could use some help! My game was complaining about the switch in the shooter lane and I'm not sure it had the correct switch in it when I bought the game. I thought the problem was originally just the trough switches and I've replaced all those and they register properly. The last time I bought parts I also ordered extra switches in case I need to replace one down the road.

Now here is my issue. The manual calls for a 5647-12683-04 switch in the shooter lane which is one that I have on hand. The switch I pulled out looks exactly like a 5647-12693-19 with a slightly different wireform. That one is meant for the hang on switch and the select doctor. So, I don't know what one is really correct for the game. Someone may have worked on that part before and just installed a spare switch they had on hand. It was working but it may not be correct. Just trying to see if the manual is wrong or the wrong switch was in the game.

If someone could help confirm the proper switch or even get a picture of that switch on your machine I can figure out which one is right and get the game back together.

2 weeks later
#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

big thanks to clnilsen as he has posted some mushroom targets and I will make these available in the next few weeks

Are the STL files available for these?

1 month later
#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

hi folks, just picked up my Dr who project... game is in boxes, so i need some teardown pictures.. anybody able to share their teardown pictures?
thanks

Sounds like an interesting project! It would be interesting to see what it looks like now. There are a lot of pictures in this thread but I'm sure people will dig out pictures as needed to help.

1 month later
#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Man, those real translites are getting up there in price. The alternate looks nice, but doesn't match up with the light show on the backboard, FYI

I have the alternate translight from that second link and it works out well with the original lighting. No complaints here. It looks so much better than the original that was on the game.

2 months later
#1958 5 years ago

It is quite a job to replace them. Last time I was in that area I installed a fresh set of yellow superbands in place of the white rubber. Also some small blue post rings for the time expander.

2 weeks later
#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Still searching for the printed ramp and playfield decals. At least the Time Expander decal (31-1688-1) would be nice. Scan only.

Spotted a Time Expander decal on ebay if you still need one. Item # is 273248077990

2 months later
#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from zimbakin:

Can someone please tell me where the flipper fuses are located on Dr Who. ie. backboard (top, bottom, right, left etc.) or under the play field? I can’t locate them.

According to the manual they should be in the backbox. Four fuses on the fliptronics board fuses F901, 902, 903, and 904. Also two on the power driver board F101 and 102 but I think those aren't used when the fliptronics board is used so those may be empty.

1 week later
#2114 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Is this one of the pieces you are looking for? If so I make these, thicker than the original, for $45 plus shipping.
[quoted image]

Did you ever make versions of this in color? I thought I read you may make some in red or blue.

2 weeks later
#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Hello Who'ers! I recently joined the club and purchased a very nice Doctor Who from Kronlar. I have appreciated reading through this thread and the history has been so helpful. My purchase timing lined up with some 3D design and printing I have been tinkering with at the local county library. I went ahead and designed & printed some dalek pinball posts inspired by others I saw in this thread. Here's a link to the 3D design if anyone wants to print some.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3275089
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Posts look great! May try printing some in PETG material.

In the pictures it appears that contact is on the wrong side of the rubber ring. May want to check that.

1 month later
#2212 5 years ago

That is awesome. Might have to try that next time it snows...

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

It looks really great! Just a heads up, those plastic spacers between the legs will eat into the cab with time doing the opposite of what they were meant to. Get them off!

Do you have any examples of the protectors damaging the cabinets? I've never heard of that coming up before.

2 weeks later
#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

That is a very cool alt translite. How does it work with the targeted lighting behind it, though, which normally lines up with the doctors?

I've gpt the same alternate translite and it looks awesome on the game. The doctors light up on the playfield and they also light up on the speaker panel. You never even notice them not being on the translite. I've heard people ask about the way the lights line up and complain that they aren't in the right spot. I don't think I've read that from those that purchased and installed this alternate translite, It isn't a problem for me. If anything it looks like the Tardis and Daleks are battling back and forth in the Translite. It's a cool effect and it works for me. I kept the original and will keep it with the game but this replacement was a very nice upgrade.

3 months later
#2433 4 years ago

Since the pinsound was mentioned are you using the original pinsound or the pinsound+ ?

With the pinsound installed can you keep the original soundtrack for Dr Who in addition to the new mixes? How to switch between?

1 week later
#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pulled all the backbox boards.
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Gorillas with blowtorches shouldn't work on electronics:
Of the 5 boards 3 are perfect.
Driver and audio have some issues. Lol
I already sent them to Chris Hibler for testing and repair.

Unfortunately I've had to repair/rebuild too many boards like that. Start by stripping off all the prior work, cleaning up the board, repair all the board damage and rebuild traces, and then repopulate and repair.

So many boards have had the through hole plating ripped out, pads pulled off, and traces ruined.

#2499 4 years ago

Why is the opto 71 closed?
Debris?
Bad opto?
Broken shorted wire?
Bad controller board?
Trade sides with the other opto, does the problem move?

Any battery damage on the MPU? Have you checked the connectors at the bottom edge of the MPU? Are there any wiring hacks on the machine?

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I have some original mushroom targets that I'll be selling for $10 each, or all of them for $35 plus shipping from 46814 if someone wants the originals to try to match to what they have. I have 4 good targets and 2 busted ones.[quoted image]

I'd like to buy them if they are still available.

1 month later
#2598 4 years ago

The decals look good but it is odd they are too small. That is the first time I've read about smaller decals.

3 weeks later
#2687 4 years ago

Got the armor back from the powdercoat company today I'm super pleased with the result,:
[quoted image][quoted image]
This is the prismatic pearl black.
Its exactly cosmos-like and black and the perfect blend of metal flake without being cheap looking imho..lol.

I'm not normally a fan of powder coating but that looks awesome.

1 week later
#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Fantastic! I’ll send you a Dropbox to my PinSound mix of you wanna check it out. The shaker ships next
Month I believe

Are you using the pinsound or newer pinsound+ ? Just wondering if either will work.

#2754 4 years ago

At the moment I have regular red rubber on the flipper bats. The slingshots have dark blue urethane and the rest of the rings are yellow urethane. Used a mix of black, yellow sleeves on the playfield and red blue sleeves on the time expander. Game looks great. Now I was only good at playing this one. Love the way the game looks but it crushes me all the time....

#2792 4 years ago

The audio board is really a mess, I hope it can be repaired.

At least it isn't the DCS board or the combo DMD driver. Those can be a pain. The sound boards for Dr Who shouldn't be too bad. I've done a bunch of them. The most trouble is prior work if someone ripped out the through hole plating when trying to replace the larger caps. Otherwise it is usually blown tantalum caps, those awful small blue axial caps, or bad SRAM.

3 weeks later
#2948 4 years ago

As far as I can tell my Dr Who has the original flipper bats on it. They are all yellow. Upper left is a standard size and the two lower are lightning flippers. It was a regular production game. Not one of the early prototypes with the animated moving Dalek.

1 month later
#3250 4 years ago

I did find a curious behavior when in switch test.
If I hit the flipper buttons a lot,
Once in awhile the 'M" opto closes.
I have pounded the PF and massaged the harnesses with power on.
Difficult to replicate the fault.
GI lights can also flicker when all flippers are hit repeatedly in succesion.
This happens on a lot of games.
I'm going to refresh the driver board connections, but it doesnt look like a vibration issue.
More of a power spike/draw/surge issue.
It does it seldom with right flipper activation.
Also seldom with left flippers actuvation.
More often when both/3 flippers are pressed simultaneously.
Not every time, but I get a closure about every 15-20 flips.
Could be a bad opto pair?
Bad opto board?
Weak opto trace/contact/solder pad?
It's only the M opto that I've been struggling with.
Is there a link for the replacement optos?
I fee like replacing the opto pair or the boards as a test.
I sent a message to the vendor about this also.

There is a 3D printed part you can install to block the light. I printed one and made an extra. I haven't installed it yet but it should help. I could send you the extra if you can use it.

#3253 4 years ago

I resolved the ball search issue.
The ball 2 switch in the trough needed adjustment.
Although it tested out in switch test, it needed further adjustment in-game.
After adjustment I can let it sit with a ball in the shooter lane for extended periods with no ball search.

I had the same issues with mine. Ended up putting new switches in. Glad you found it.

1 week later
#3311 4 years ago

I have to agree.
Visually I can detect with my phone camera, brightness variations in the LEDs.
Some are super bright. Some are a little dim.
I thought it was a wiring problem.
I swapped out boards and different LEDs were brighter or dimmer.
It's a led variance problem.
In my opinion, they are using the wrong leds.
The boards are crap.
The original carrier is crap.
This leads to a very unstable system.
Maybe machine out a carrier from aluminum...
If my next build fails to perform, I'll swap out the LEDs from the boards.
Does anyone have link for the shorter proper leds?

I need to pull mine out to check over the unit and I'm sure I could find IR LEDs that would work. Does any have the dimensions of the originals?

#3317 4 years ago

Ahhh, the key is the 7mm recievers. They are too long on the gulf stream boards.
The transmitters length isnt a problem.

I'll do some digging. I know I've used smaller/shorter ones on my robot projects and a variety for different encoders.

1 week later
#3361 4 years ago

In case anyone wants to add the motorized topper it looks like the reproductions of the original by the basement arcade is available on eBay. Not sure for how long or how many are available.

#3419 4 years ago

Thanks for posting all your updates! Looks great!

#3434 4 years ago

I think that the black is necessary as it absorbs light.
Other colors might be problematic depending on the optos used.

You are absolutely correct. I've designed and 3D printed new encoder wheels for use with IR LEDs for closed loop servo motors on personal robots. Ones I printed in black ABS work perfectly. I thought I would get creative and try other colors like red and blue. While they looked good and fit good they ultimately failed since the IR light ends up passing through and the weren't opaque enough. Stick with black if you want to block the IR light.

1 week later
#3487 4 years ago

Dr Who was my first repair of the year. My son and his friends were playing last night but the switch in the trough was messed up. Somehow it was bent up higher than it should have. Tried to bend it back down but the wire snapped. Luckily I had one spare and swapped it out right after midnight. Running well again.

For the new year I need to pull out the mini playfield to clean it, check all the optos, and install the light baffle on them that I printed off thingiverse.

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Any DW owners have a Jackbot? Feel like the games are similar?

I have a Pinbot and locking the two balls is similar. Still totally different games.

1 month later
#3629 4 years ago

I'm in for the small batch production run.
Lets do this!
No hurry, but that is the type of motorized topper I want.
Ill start putting together some odds and ends, who knows? I might have something for the summer!
Anyone else want to investigate this?

I guess I was lucky snagging one of the reproduction kits of the original style motor. That was the only way I was going to add it as well. It’s overkill in the design but shouldn’t ever fail. I doubt the servo version would hold up.

#3633 4 years ago

Its late in the game but, This is the only mod I would actually want to do.
Have you collected any info on the original kit?
I know marco still has some motors with gearbox.
Im going to snag one of those.
I want to replicate the original kit pc board.

There is a ton of pictures on the basement arcade site. They made the reproduction kit of the proto topper. Maybe he has left over parts.

https://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/drwho/MakingOf/index.html

Making a reproduction of the PCB portion would be easy.

#3667 4 years ago

That looks great!
I love the tardis interior.
Awesome!

2nd the comment on the interior. If you make more I'd be interested in buying one. Looks awesome.

1 month later
#3828 4 years ago

When I first replaced all the rubber rings I had issues with the ball return because some of the replacement rubber pieces were thicker. Also had one on the slingshot break shortly afterwards. Ended up putting yellow supper bands all the way around (blue on the sling shots) and no more issues.

#3839 4 years ago

We love that translite!
Its so modern and really finishes off the game.

I've got the same one on my game. One of the best updates and I think the light show still works with it. Kept my original rolled up that stays with the game. Just need to get the LED ColorDMD at some point

#3841 4 years ago

I compared both the lcd and led versions side by side.
I liked the led version in my DW the best.
Its brighter and way more vivid.
It adds the exact bright colors needed with the alt translite and black trim i did.
I also added the ledocd.
Like others have said. Its like night and day.

My preference is toward the LED version. While the LCD does look nice too I’m not a fan of what it takes to install the larger LCD screen. The LED looks like a direct replacement and easily undone if desired. Great to hear it looks good in the game.

1 week later
#3949 4 years ago

Id just replace both, 30 year old caps and parts....

The diode check on many meters should help determine if that bridge is ok. While those large caps can definitely age I don’t usually see any of those bridges fail unless overfused. I think it was mentioned that it was slightly overfused. Even so if the higher value fuse was less than the current rating of the bridge then there is a good chance it’s ok.

If you replace the caps be careful not to damage the board or through hole plating. Safest method I’ve found is add extra fresh solder on each lead so there is plenty for heat transfer. Then use TWO irons and heat up both leads. Have a helper pull the cap. You can use the desolder station and solder wick to clean up afterwards. Same goes for the Large two caps on the sound board. So far I’ve never had any issues this way.

I’ve fixed a few driver boards and a lot of the sound boards. On those with prior work almost all were damaged when someone had tried to recap or install bridges. The leads on the caps are often press fit and even trying to desolder first the plating gets ripped out. Doesn’t seem to happen using the two irons method.

#3956 4 years ago

I really like the idea of 2 irons!
Ive been pre-heating with my hot air station and then using my vacuum station for solder removal.
Then hot air again for removal on large caps and bridges with the assistance of an iron to heat the leads directly.
Hot air is nice as I can gently warm both sides while taping off to protect the rest of the components with red tape. 350 degrees seems gentle enough.

I've used my hot air station to remove some other components but two irons and a helper to pull out the caps has worked the best so far. It helps adding a bit of additional fresh solder first to help with heat transfer.

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from Xantari:

Thought I was out of the woods but now some of the leds don’t work but we’re working before on the opto carrier on the old boards. Going to wait for new LEDs and receivers from mousser to reconstruct this board with new components since I blew out the one LED on the new pindorabox board and don’t know the replacement part number yet. I did hear they are 940nm wavelength, not sure on any of the other specs though...

As long as the emitter and receiver are the same wavelength they should work as a matched pair. The IR LED's should also specify the deflection angle. I would expect that a narrow beam would work better here.

#4027 4 years ago

I still want a basement arcade dalek mod...

Have you messaged them? Months ago he was able to get at least a couple of those kits together and posted on ebay. I snagged one and had posted the link earlier in this thread since he had another. Maybe he can get some more kits together. If not at least supply some of the parts.

It is really well done and supposed to match the original.

#4077 4 years ago

It will be good to hear your results after the paint dries.

If you are dealing with IR then having the inside pained black and completely opaque should help. I learned that lesson on an unrelated IR project. For an old robot I had to model up and 3D print new optical encoder discs. Initially printed in black and they worked great. Tried out colors like red and blue and while on the bench it seemed they may work they failed and caused all sorts of issues when installed. I think they allowed some IR light through. Going back to the black ones fixed it.

#4120 4 years ago

I doubt the bridges are bad. A lot of people change them because they read it was the fix. I’m sure some do go bad but I have yet to run across one on a WPC driver.

Does it look like the board has had any prior work? If so does it look like the bridges or caps were messed with. They may have damaged the board.

Is there a small silverish blue 10v 100uf cap on the MPU? If so it is probably bad. Those are awful. The gray and black are usually fine. Those blue ones also go bad on the sound boards.

On the WPC drivers I have had to replace the large caps. Just need to use quality replacements. If you do replace them add solder first and use the two irons method to heat both leads at once and then pull out the part. Clean up remaining solder later. That helps save the plating in the holes.

#4121 4 years ago

I’d also double check all the connections. Any that are heavily oxidized? How about brown spots on the plastic or burned up pins?

4 weeks later
#4175 3 years ago

Im over half way done with a preliminary orchestration of the 12 doctors mix that has been EQ'd to minus 6 and bass and treble adjusted.
I should have it uploaded to the community page at pinsound tomorrow.
The classic mix will follow after i get a new original sound card ftom rdoyle.
I need a reference point.
I dont have an original sound card yet.

I think it is awesome that you're doing this. I can handle any type of board repairs (even designing new boards from scratch) and mechanical issues but have something close to zero in regards to audio skills so appreciate what you're doing for all Doctor Who owners. I pick and choose my battles and Audio, landscaping, and plumbing are ones I avoid.

#4177 3 years ago

Lol.
Im a pipfitter/plumber by trade (local 350!)
I have a recording studio.
And i have an amazing garden to grow my organic veggies!
Whew!
Ill try to fix up the doctor who files this week.
The 12 doctor mix is my priority.
pinballgoddess likes it the best.

I can do plumbing if I have to but it is not my Forte. I appreciate what you guys do and know just a bit what it entails. Luckily I have a good friend that is awesome at plumbing so he helps out whit that. I take care of any computer issues he has and also this winter fixed two furnace control boards for him so people could have heat,

2 weeks later
#4206 3 years ago

Fewer cabinet decals available??

2 weeks later
#4241 3 years ago

I just uploaded another adjusted orchestration for the 12 doctors pinsound mix. Its pending approval right now.
Its called Doctor_Who_12Doctors_fixed.zip
Fixed a ton of volumes.
Fixed a lot of gains.
Shortened some sound clips, reareanged a few clips.
Im much happier with this current rev.
Worked in the shakers a bit more.
If someone has some shaker insight for doctor who please let me know.

Can that mix be downloaded without it being approved? I’d like to see if any of that may run on a TiltAudio card. If so that board will go in Dr Who instead of a future project.

#4246 3 years ago

Even if it isn't approved is there a way we can get it directly?

2 weeks later
#4315 3 years ago

Yessir!
And im very happy with the result.
My backbox is full now lol.
I also have the pinsound motion control board, way up on the upper right side.
Im super happy getting the high powered GI connectors off of my precious chris hibler rebuilt driver board.

Now you just need the moving Dalek topper to complete it....

#4320 3 years ago

I would be interested in a group buy to make up another 50 or 100 kits.

I have one of the kits so I don't need one myself but I could layout the circuit board if it will help.

5 months later
#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Great list. Here are my comments.
When u evaporust those legs, Make a PVC tube and submerge them for a few days, then rinse and polish. Will look like new
MPU- Buy one from dumbass, sells great products.
Read this thread! Lots of great repair info hear and many of us willing to lend a hand.
If you need any decal files for printing, send a PM my way, I can email you what I made or touched up along the way or made brand new.
Happy Repairing.
Ken

What size PVC tube did you use 3", 4", etc and how much evaporust did you need to get to fill it?

Did you do all legs at once or one at a time?

I need to try this on some legs and other parts.

1 month later
#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes.

This is where I'm having the problem. I believe I am nailing the shot perfectly, but the velocity is causing the ball to hit the back wall and bounce right back out the way it came in.

I'm having issues with those shots too.

#4575 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You guys have the pf at the correct 6.5deg slope? Just seems unlikely this could happen. Unless you have the completely wrong flipper coils installed.

In my case it is probably a faulty player. Me. I think I just need to play better. Although it does seen easier NOT to hit the three holes with the Daleks and have it bounce right back down....

2 weeks later
#4616 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare old set of original Dr Who opto boards for the mini playfield? I don't care about condition. Can be non-working, beat up, missing some optio's, etc. Just looking for something cheap.

I've never had my mini playfield out. Definitely on my list. Plan on adding the 3D printed baffle. Have one of those ready to go.

After all the posts about issues with opto's and boards I'm just going to use an old set of boards as a pattern and just make my own set. I've got a ton of IR LED's and IR sensors and want to experiment a bit.

After a long pause I've just started making up boards for my robot projects and while I'm at it can try to make a set for my Dr Who.

Let me know what you have. I guess one of the alternate sets would be good too but I really would like at least one original pair. I know I could pull mine but I'd rather leave my game intact and just pull it all apart and test something new all at once.

#4618 3 years ago

I dont know if getting original boards will help. Its such a simple circuit, one could just breadboard it out of perf.
I dont think the boards are an issue, its the lack of replacement LED's
I have a couple sets of Gulf Stream boards that didnt work stably for me. The LED's are just not right.
The original LED's are not available for repairs anymore.
Its also difficult, or impossible, to find the Great Plains Modular boards that worked pretty good in the past.
After taking a chance on the Pindora Box boards, I had great success.
They are using a higher intensity narrower beam LED that is working perfectly in my game.
They are so bright that I had to use flat black paper for the shroud due to reflection.
Other than that, and the usual slight bending here and there, of the LED's, the boards went in with little trouble.
So, In my opinion just get the pindora box boards, and call it a day. They are inexpensive but take awhile to get due to shipping.
My game is ROCK solid with these boards and the black carrier from swinks.

I know I can use perf boards as I have hand built a ton of circuits. Here is one that I made of the Propeller based game console:

https://www.robotworkshop.com/robotweb/wp-content/uploads/hydra6.jpg

https://www.robotworkshop.com/robotweb/wp-content/uploads/hydra9.jpg

The only reason I want original boards is mainly to get accurate measurements of the overall PCB and also the exact location of each IR LED and wiring connection points. Just prefer to do so while keeping my game intact and when tearing apart just do everything in one session. Figured someone may have old boards laying around!

While the original LED's may not be available I have sources for lots of different variations (different peak emission wavelength, diffusion angle, etc) so I am sure I can find something that will work. This is just going to be a fun side project for me. It isn't something that I have to do. Just one that seems interesting.

If it all works then perhaps there will be another option and I could always make spares so that people in the US can get them quick if needed.

Robert

2 months later
#4720 3 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

So after reading all the horror stories about battery leakage, I decided to get a different solution. Noquartersarcade.com had a solution to the problem. It was fairly cheap and easy to install, once I watched the Youtube video that he provided a link to. I also have found that using a fine tip on the weller soldering iron works better than the screw driver tip for working on boards. I have been changing out the Tantulum Capacitors on the original Sound board. Even though I don't need it with the Pinsound in. Maybe someone will want it someday.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You'll want to put at least a piece of electrical tape or similar to cover that open EPROM window. That will help prevent UV exposure that will start to erase bits in that chip.

The coin cells are definitely a better option and less likely to leak than the AA batteries. My preference is to go with NVRAM first but I have used coin cells on some games.

3 weeks later
#4767 2 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Got my ColorDMD installed and replaced all the lights on the Doctor light bar. Al nice and bright now.
PinSound Plus with Flipper Fidelity speakers up next and more selective LED replacements. The shop I bought it from did some but some of them just aren't good.
Any recommendations on purchasing cabinet art decals? That's down the road but the fading kind of gets to me.
[quoted image]

What is the verdict on the ColorDMD? Do you notice that much of a difference? Worth it?

3 weeks later
#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4u:

Toppers weren't 'standard' from new so there's not too many out there.
Someone did have a website up that showed how they made a pretty convincing copy of the original but I can't find it just now.

I think this is what some people used:

http://www.reviewgraveyard.com/2008_reviews/toys/08-05-30_dalek-voice.htm

#4849 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

What does this mean? Every doctor who pinball machine originally came with a topper.
But yeah, they are difficult to find if they’re missing.

I think he meant the "motorized" version of the topper that was only on the very early games.

1 month later
#4879 2 years ago

My time expander is getting sluggish when it moves. Looks like it it time to finally take it out, clean it, and lubricate the slides.

#4884 2 years ago

I haven't noticed any wobbling of the expander. Just been getting slower. I'm sure it is the grease turning solid. I'm going to make a point to dig into it more this weekend.

1 month later
#4951 2 years ago

Im really, REALLY hsppy with my pinsound and pinsound shaker.
Its not the cheapest mod, but i cant see enjoying it as much after all the work i put in, without the shaker.
Different orchestrations that i have on the pinsound just make the game more fun.

Unfortunately there are quite a few people that prefer to avoid the Pinsound boards because of the way they handled the no more reset boards......

The Tilit Audio can do alternate sound sets as well. Just doesn't yet have the support and I don't know how many mixes are done for that. Since you developed one of the sound sets if you still kept all the raw assets then a similar sound set could be put together that gives the same experience on the Tilt Audio board.

#4955 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Okay, so wtf. What happened with the no reset boards?

If you would like to read the History it is documented on this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-no-more-reset-and-rob-kahr-s-board

I have a feeling they may have lost more Pinsound sales than they make off their copy of the other board but the whole thing doesn't seem right.

#4956 2 years ago

I see. Thats too bad for them.
Its unfortunate since the pinsound is such a great product thats super easy to install and has built in pre-programmed shaker routines, if you go that way.
They also have the new DMD-Lux board for those needing a new video card.
Hopefully the enraged pinside public will get over it.

Assuming the whole deal went down the way it is covered in the thread about the issue I would hope that the PinSound folks would be the ones to get over it and really work something out to put it to rest. Not an issue for the general pinside public to get over.

#4977 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Ok. So here are pics of both sides of the board. Any tips on what the issue might be? I’m guessing bad soldering on my part, so any advice on how to improve that would be great. However, if it’s not the crappy solder job I would appreciate any other theories (it was having the same issue before my attempts to reflow). Again, I’m new at this and looking to learn whatever I can.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you are near the Detroit, MI area I could fix you right up. Besides the soldering on the header pins I’ve seen bad sockets for the bulbs and also run across bad diodes. That is a simple board so should be easy to fix.

If the connector plugging into that board uses IDC connectors then check the wires that are pressed into the connector as those can be open there.

#4992 2 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Also forgot to ask anyone have any hints regarding the MPU not holding settings on powerup?
Just wanted to make sure im looking in the right place. Apparently Diode D2 on the MPU board is the cause?

Check the battery holder. I’ve seen some with the metal contact for the battery is broken or missing. Sometimes it is hard to tell. May want to look at NVRAM instead.

2 weeks later
#5006 2 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Also one has a genuine MPU the other one has a Rottendog replacement.

Could swap the MPU boards between games and see if the behavior switch too? If not then something in the game itself.

If the behavior follows the MPU are they both running the same ROM version? If you swap ROM chips between games does the behavior switch too? Are both using batteries or is one using NVRAM?

#5009 2 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Thanks for the reply. I cant really be bothered changing out the MPU for that. On your machine does it knock during video mode or not?
They both seem to be running 20006 L-2

I’ve never heard my machine knock during video mode. Are all the settings exactly the same? You could try restoring factory settings on each then compare.

#5011 2 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

I'm wondering if its something to do with the different MPU

If you can swap them between games that would tell for sure. Which version knocks now?

3 weeks later
#5063 2 years ago

So, aside from the terrible (not mine) solder job, is there anything in the way this lock lite is wired that would keep it from working? Is the resistor connected correctly? Etc., etc. someone came out and “fixed” and it lit intermittently until it stopped working all together. Any trouble shooting help greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe a bad socket or bulb. Sockets go bad and sometimes the LED's do too. I'd try swapping the bulb out first.

#5066 2 years ago

The bulb works in other sockets. It also looks like in some other sockets under the play field some of the sockets have two red wires and one yellow, whereas this socket only has on red wire. Hoping I can swap sockets and see if that works.

That doesn't always matter if the bulb works in other sockets. Have you tried other bulbs in THIS socket? I've had some LED bulbs that just didn't make a good connection in specific sockets but others would. Worth swapping some around as a quick test.

3 weeks later
#5095 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hi Everyone,
I just installed some NVRAM in my Who, and now it's not booting. All traces seem to meter out, NVRAM installed correctly.
I know sometimes you have to change the jumpers, but there was nothing stating that it was needed with this module. It was originally a 6264. Am I missing something?
https://www.pinballlife.com/anypin-dmd-nvram-battery-eliminator.html
LED 19 On
LED 20 Off
LED 21 On
So blanking circuit is on.

That is an odd NVRAM module if it also covers the 6116 chip too. From the picture it looks like you need to solder bridge pads on that module to configure it. Should be set to emulate a 6264 chip.

There shouldn’t be any issues with NVRAM. I just removed two RAM chips and put in sockets on two more WPC MPU boards this morning and popped in NVRAM. Used a RAMTRON DIP but I’ve used plenty of the hybrid modules as well.

You said you checked continuity. Did you also check for solder bridges?

Please post pictures of the board top and bottom of that area if you can.

Don’t worry. If something is wrong it can be fixed!

#5098 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I tested 5V on the NVRAM and it is coming in at 4.72. The main test point on the driver board is 4.97 so a pretty significant drop.
I guess, I'll remove and reflow the 5V pin. I have other NVRAM here that I could put in, but didn't want to install them for fear of damaging them.

What about the NVRAM module itself? It looked like it could be configured a couple different ways? Are the jumpers on that correct?

Whenever I work on these boards I look at the small 100uf axial cap. If it is the silverish blue ones those are almost always bad and I replace every one of those. Probably not the issue here but since it is where the power comes in worth keeping an eye out for. They gray ones are usually ok.

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I went to his website and the module was configured correctly. It's definitely something that should be on Pinball Life's webpage. The game is relatively new to me and a few times when we have turned it on nothing happened, so it could be a pre-existing issue, that has just manifested now in a more permanent way with the swap.
The voltage drop seems significant, so like you stated, maybe a cap. I have a Whitewater here, so tomorrow I will swap the boards out and see what happens.

From your pictures it looked like you did a good job soldering. Did you put in a socket? If so you could try another module or a regular 6264 SRAM.

You shouldn’t have that much of a voltage drop between the driver and MPU. Are the header pins for the connector corroded at all? It may be time for a new ribbon cable between them. I was having similar issues on a STTNG and it was a bad cable.

#5102 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

It is socketed. I just feared that had I done something incorrectly I would ruin another NVRAM. I too was wondering about the cables. Typically I replace them in every WPC I take in. I've definitely wasted dozens of hours chasing things down only to find it had been a bad ribbon cable.
Maybe I'll swap the ribbon cables first and go from there. I was just more inclined to believe it was something in my handy work first. Thank you so much for your help on this.

Also, while rare it is possible that you just may have received a defective NVRAM module. If you still have a spare 6264 chip you could see if it boots with that. I have run into a couple bad NVRAM chips but not often.

2 months later
#5214 2 years ago

I definitely let Dr Who sit for too long. Been tied up with other projects and haven't played it for a while. On the plus side it feels fresh getting back to it but now have some maintenance to do. The lever that moves the ball at the outhole is sticking so it doesn't active the switch for end of ball. Just need to pull that apart and clean that to make sure it isn't binding or sticking.

The other is that I really need to pull out the mini playfield to check the optos and lubricate the slides. It doesn't look like it has ever been out. Been putting that off for too long and should try to tackle that over the weekend.

At least I should never have to worry about the boards. Went through those years ago and they are rock solid.

1 week later
#5241 2 years ago

I feel your pain...
I have 3 sets of the gulf boards...all of them are crap...
I had great results with pindorabox.com and the swinks carrier. Really great products!
Rock solid after 20 months of abuse lol.
Please post your experience.

If you want to part with a set let me know. Would be interested in taking a look at one of those.

Also looking for a donor set of original boards even if they are burned up. If you are going to trash a set I'd gladly cover shipping to get them.

#5243 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

$15 shipped and I’ll send you a gulf set.

PM sent! Now I just need to find an old original set.

#5244 2 years ago

Question about the SWINKS carrier. It looks like there are two different plastic choices. One is slightly more without the grainy appearance. Which option is everyone using? I need to order one for my machine.

#5252 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Move the parts from the beat up old board to the gulf boards, replacing their ineffective transmitters/receivers.

Actually I mainly want them so see why they fail and confirm the dimensions. I'm going to make my own set for my game and experiment with some other IR transmitters and receivers that I have. Shouldn't be much different from many of the optical encoder projects I've done for my robots. Have some new ideas to try and make an improved set for Dr Who.

1 week later
#5309 2 years ago

Still looking for an old used set of original Dr Who opto boards in any condition. Anyone upgrading please don't pitch your old set. I could use them.

1 week later
#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Swinks carrier and Pindorabox boards acquired.
I managed to get four of the five mushroom targets moved before the retaining clip on #5 launched itself into the nether realm. Will a generic e-clip replacement work or will I need to order a specific retaining clip?
I also wired up the Pindora boards, can I just plug them in to the machine without the mini PF to test to see if they will work before I get this thing all back together?

Do you still have your old original opto boards? If so do you want to part with those? Still looking for an original set in any condition. Even if a bit crispy.

#5338 2 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Unfortunately I don't. They likely wouldn't have been much use to you if I did, they were a bit more than just "crispy"...they were kinda crunchy. They were actually cracking apart.

Bummer. Actually for my purpose those would have been totally fine. So far most people have just pitched them. I would have gladly covered shipping.

If anyone else is going to install a fresh set please don’t throw away your old ones even if you think they are trash. Same goes for any boards being replaced. If you’re thinking of tossing them I can used them. Sometimes I can rebuild boards but if too far gone I can at least salvage some parts from them. I’ve been able to save a lot of boards.

3 weeks later
#5391 2 years ago

If would be AWSOME, if we didnt have to order from the UK to get superior opto boards.
As noted by most of us, the Gulf boards are just not adequate to the task.
Are these like the opto LED's used by pindorabox? they are using a high intensity narrow beam type, from what I understand.
eyeamred2u has done some research on this I believe.

I can definitely improve on the gulf boards. Still hoping to find an extra set of original Dr Who Opto boards (even if crispy) as a reference. So far the last couple people that had them pitched the old ones.

#5396 2 years ago

the circuit is so incredibly simple, you can breadboard it on perf for testing.
Getting PCB's made is cheap and fast.
I think its the choice of LED's that either makes or breaks this solution.

Breadboarding won’t help much and it is a simple circuit. I’d really like to get a spare original set in any condition as a reference to the LED spacing and mounting holes. That’s why I don’t care if it is burned up a bit. Afterwards I can always salvage any good optos as matching ones when repairing other boards.

I’ve used IR LEDs for all sorts of robot related projects and have some things I’d like to try out on my game.

#5405 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Picked up a DW this weekend and it has a whole lot of switch issues. The main thing is, every time you hit the launch button, you get a tilt warning. I think the launch Hutton was replaced by the previous owner and is not wired correctly. The other main issue is it will sometimes say slam tilt switch stuck open, or will randomly slam tilt even while sitting in attract mode.
I think I’m gonna start with the launch button wiring if anyone can post a picture of how everything should be, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is there any battery damage on the MPU? Does it look like it had prior re-work? If it was a replaced maybe there is corrosion in the connectors. I had to repair that section on my Dr Who.

1 month later
#5497 1 year ago

Usually need replace all the electrolytic ones. The only ones that were really bulging were from container games. Checked them on a sencore and many were less than half the rated value. Also their other parameters were awful. On the audio board many needed the small axial tantalum caps replaced. If any are burned up I replace them all. Usually don’t have to replace bridges unless the game had been overfused.

For the snap in caps I’ll cut the leads flush on the back of the board so there is less of the lead to pull through. Next add fresh solder on each lead to improve heat transfer. Then I use two soldering irons to melt the solder on both leads and my son helps and can pull it out when ready. With that we get them out cleanly. Then clean the old solder up after. You always need to be careful with those snap in caps.

If I’m doing bridges then I’ll reach in with side cutters to clip the leads. Then warm each lead to remove one at a time and clear out the solder afterwards.

1 week later
#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

And indeed, Tophervette is correct -- there's a broken connection in this 4 pin molex connector going to the lights at the top of the MPF. Looks like I'll have to either repair this connection or finally learn how to pin and make a new connector. Been meaning to learn how to do that, this is probably a good opportunity. I'll have to pick up some collection of connectors like this.
Thanks for the help![quoted image]

Unless the plastic shell is physically broken there is no need to replace that. You just need to replace the bad pins. If you own a pinball machine it is worth investing in a good crimping tool and the pin extractor. The old pin should pop out. Crimp a new pin on the wire and put it back in the shell.

#5539 1 year ago

So, I finally was able to try a PinSound Plus board in Dr Who. So far unfortunately it is a bit of a disappointment. The only sound pack that seems to work well is the original one. The rest have the background music but you can barely hear the call outs. I didn't see a setting just to boost those up. Also one sound pack seemed to act erratic. I just ordered a new 16GB USB 3.1 drive and will reload the sound packs one at a time on that one to see if it helps.

This is installed in place of the original sound board with the original speakers and wiring. I had no issues with the original sound board or speakers. Just wanted to try the upgrade for the alternative sound packs to make the game fresh again.

When it was first installed I loaded the latest firmware on the USB stick and let it update to the most recent firmware. Then one at a time put each of the sound packs I wanted to load. I read it could use up to seven so I loaded the ones that looked the best.

Below is the log file from the USB stick. I'm using a 64GB USB 3.1 stick.

-= PinSound Self Diagnosis =-

HARDWARE MODEL
------------------
PLUS

HARDWARE REVISION
------------------

HPS EXTERNAL VOLUME
------------------
97%

INTERNAL FIRMWARE REVISION
------------------

PACKAGES
------------------
Doctorin_the_Tardis_V1.1
Doctor_Who_13_Doctors_V1.3
Doctor_Who_2JCmix (active)
Doctor_Who_Disco
doctor_who_meets_metal_v1
Doctor_Who_Modern_V1.0
Doctor_Who_Original

PINSOUND FIRMWARE VERSION
------------------

POTENTIOMETERS
------------------
EQ SUB BASS 56%
EQ BASS 46%
EQ MEDIUM 48%
EQ TREBLE 44%
SUB BOOSTER 55%
HEADPHONES STATION GAIN 58%

POWER SUPPLIES
------------------
5V MEASURED: 4825mV (expected range: 4700mV - 5100mV)
[lowest 5V measured: 4755mV / highest 5V measured: 4865mV]

AMPLIFIER VOLTAGE MEASURED: 25253mV (expected range: 11000mV - 30000mV)
[lowest amplifier voltage measured: 24180mV / highest amplification voltage measured: 25710mV]

SERIAL NUMBER
------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SYSTEM
------------------
WPC89

USB DEVICES
------------------
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 090c:2000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.)

I'm hoping there is a simple explanation or re-doing the sound packs fixes the issue.

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I also upgraded to stereo wires and Flipper Fidelty speakers with Pinsound+. I have no trouble hearing or understanding the callouts. I had trouble with the USB Dongle I tried using at first. I also made the mistake of UNZIPPing the files first. The Pinball machine has to do that unzipping. Some of the sound tracks like Metal/Disco/Rush/Hendrix have whole songs instead of just repeating samples. They take way longer to load initially.
I am also a fan favorite of 13 Doctors, as I can visualize the character saying those things from the show. Thanks for the effort that went into that.

I didn't unzip anything. Just copied over each ZIP file one at a time and let the board extract all the files. I have a new USB stick due tomorrow and will try again.

#5544 1 year ago

Yeah, different USB sticks do weird things.
After trying all the different ones I have ( more than a dozen now) I arrives at the little sandisk USB 3.1 high speed one.
Its the best most consistent drive of the bunch and boots flawlessly on my Doctor Who and Funhouse.
But I had my driver boards and CPU re-capped and bulletproofed by Chris Hibler.
My 5v is always really close to 5v or a little over.

I have one of those little SanDisk USB 3.1 thumb drives on the way. Will see if that helps.

Really doubt that any of the other boards would be a factor here. I had rebuilt the original MPU years ago when I got the game and eventually went through and recapped the original sound card. Game has been totally rock solid except for a bad trough switch.

I’ve rebuilt plenty of WPC board sets but my Dr Who has never given me a reason to pull the driver and would be surprised if it is making the PinSound board act up. The only game that did have driver issues was my STTNG but that is running well now. I have a couple spare original clean driver boards that I rebuilt and bulletproofed that I could swap in for a test but will try that if nothing else helps.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Same problem here. None of the sound packs were balanced. Nothing against the guys who created them and I know I could go in the software to edit them. However I'm on a mac and that's not an option unless I load windows. I went ahead and put the original sound board back in my game.

I wonder if the sound sets are ok and it is mainly due to the original speakers instead of an upgraded set?

As far as balancing the sounds to make the call outs, etc louder is that done by the Pinsound utility to alter a config file or do each of the sound assets need to be adjusted? May be better to just reduce the volume of the background music and maybe the rest would be ok.

3 weeks later
#5562 1 year ago

I read that someone picked up doing a PIN2DMD colorization for Dr Who. If it succeeds we may have the option of using the PIN2DMD to upgrade Dr who

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/6621-doctor-who-wip/

#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I like where your head is at. I wonder if the game gets a glimpse of a ball being in the trough while, in actuality, they're locked away... if that makes it go "uhhhh... wait a sec." I dont hate it. Thanks, I'll check. If anyone else has ideas I'm desperate

I had to replace a flaky trough switch on my game too. Really made it do some funny things when the old one was acting up.

1 week later
#5614 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hey all,
I got a pinsound for this yesterday, and it is a very nice piece of kit, however:
the one sound package I wanted to use this with (modern mix), the sound effects are outrageously too quiet. The original mix is perfectly fine. Is there not some way to adjust the sounds so they're not so damn quiet? I know that, from the youtube video, this wasn't always the case. Why would the author drown out the effects like that? Is there a way to open that config file and fix it in there? When you open it up, it is just a small line of gibberish.
Thanks!

If you find a fix before I do please post it here. I loaded up all the mixes available running on the latest firmware using a new recommended USB thumb drive with similar results. My machine has all the original speakers installed. The original mix seems to work ok. My original sound card worked perfect and sounded great so I wasn't inclined to replace all the speakers and like the fact that I can just pop in the original sound card at any time.

It would be nice to confirm if all the sound mixes work properly if a new set of Stereo speakers are installed. It would be nice if there was an option on the board to just bump of the sounds on whatever channel plays the callouts, etc so it could be adjusted for the game instead of messing with the sound packs themselves. Otherwise it seems that there may need to be alternative versions of each sound pack for factory speakers.

The board is nice and looks like it could be great option for some games. However my experience so far on Dr Who with factory speakers and plug and play has sort of been a disappointment. May just move it to my STTNG and see if I have better luck there. Didn't really want it for that machine since I like the sounds as they are on that game. Dr Who is the one that can definitely benefit from all the alternative mixes.

#5620 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is for the pinsound bosrd. Im asking about spind mixes with sound effects not being loud enough for the music. Im asking if there is a quick way to fix it in the sound config menu. Other mixes are fine. Im asking about the modern mix.

The response about resoldering was in regards to your earlier post about the bi-directional board.

#5624 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone know where I can get new ramp flaps? My “O” shot has this hump in the middle of the ramp flap which is making balls reject.I can’t seem to find just the ramp flaps anywhere, only the full ramp set which I do not need.
I’ve tried to bend it flat, but eventually it humps
back up again… maybe a little heat with bending will do the trick?
[quoted image]

You coul check with cliffy to see if he makes some

#5638 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I have to respectfully disagree. The modern mix speech is quite clear to me. One Doctor is shouting "Why don't you just DIE!" Sara Jane Smith passionately says "Doctor, its You! Yes, I have regenerated quite a few times". "I am trying to be quite clever here". Maybe I have my volume turned up.

Do you have any pictures of how the wires are connected to your Pinsound board? I have the same issue with low volume on the callouts, etc being very low on several of the mixes. I am still running the original speakers on my machine. I think it would be good to isolate the problem and determine for sure if it is because of the original speakers vs a set that is wired for true Stereo.

#5640 1 year ago

Have you looked at the pinsound studio program?
Its a 5 min job to do a couple global edits. And its kinda fun!

I think that the point is we shouldn't have to have separate mixes just because of using factory speakers. Pinsound advertises this board as supporting all the different speaker configurations. Shouldn't have to tweak the sound packages to the individual speakers. I would have expected that the way they did the amps, etc would have masked or handled the differences. As it is I think the assumption is that everyone is going to upgrade the speakers.

When is does the firmware upgrade or loading sound packs the volume is extremely low. I suspect it is using the same channel and call out as the low ones in the mixes.

There are a bunch of physical adjustment knobs on the Pinsound board. It would have been great if one of those could adjust for the speakers used. Then is is all just set on the board.

It's a nice board but the advertised use of using the factory speakers and plug in play is a bit of a disappointment.

1 week later
#5664 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where can you get the custom one made? I also have this translite but it always could be improved

If you have artwork there are places online that can print them made specifically for backlighting. I used printmoz.com to get a custom one made for my Genesis. Very happy with the quality of it.

1 month later
#5724 1 year ago

I bought a set of flipper fidelity speakers including the big subwoofer and couldnt be happier!
My pinsound with the shaker has made the game so much more enjoyable.

Do you have a link for those speakers? With those do all the existing sound packs work and sound good without the need to go in and tweak each one? If so I may try a set and if that will make the Pinsound work as it should. Otherwise I'll probably just go back to the original sound board and see if I cam work a trade with someone for an LED ColorDMD instead.

#5727 1 year ago

those look right.
You might also get the pinsound stereo harness.
Flipper fidelity is a much nicer kit than pinball pro and very easy to install.
Adjusting audio on a pinsound plus takes awhile to play with the 6 knobs.
However after awhile you can get it just about perfect.

I don't mind doing those adjustments. I'd just rather not have to tweak all the existing Dr Who mixes.

3 weeks later
#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Hi everyone. Just picked up a Doctor Who. The right flipper is weak. Ball barely makes it to top of PF.
I'm going to change the coil tomorrow. Is there anything else that would cause this?

Is the coil the correct one? If it is check the plunger, sleeve, and end stop first. Unless it looks like the coil was over heated it is probably fine.

2 weeks later
#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Ran into an interesting issue yesterday. Turned the machine on and it says the slam tilt switch is stuck — which it isn’t. Also, the right coil on the mini playfield fires repeatedly. Is it possible the two issues are related?

Any battery damage on the MPU (past or present)?

5 months later
#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I am close to having my second Doctor Who build perfected. I have been fighting Flipper and switch errors. Things I have learned about switches...
1. Closing a rollover switch with your finger is not the same as a ball rolling over it. The rollover wires are not necessarily bent right out of the box. They require tweaking.
2. All switches require a diode and it has to be installed the right direction. Old diodes can look good but test bad. They need to be removed to test correctly.
3. Even a new switch can be bad. Especially if it has been soldered on a few times or the iron was too hot and melted the insides.
4. The Blade switches ,rotate on a small dot of plastic that can break off easily. Like the one on the PF glass.
5. That Damn switch matrix lies to you about what the problem is. When everything is working correctly, the display and tests work perfectly. But if one or more diodes are bad or wrong, you get a whole slew of errors. Also, if your ribbon cable is not on correctly, you have a hot mess.
6. If your Exit Pop Bumpers switch is too low and/or not registering, you will never get into video mode.
7. Getting the alignment and height of the trough switches are a lesson in patience.
Thought I would share my experience, in case other people encountered similar issues when installing new switches.
Rant off. Go see my rebuild in the Restoration Blog area. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1992-doctor-who-restoration-build

And a column and two rows go to the driver board for registering when the flipper buttons are pressed on the cabinet on some games. Recently ran across an issue due to that one on a different WPC game....

2 months later
#5968 11 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Things turned south since yesterday. Now getting the dreaded random resets almost every game! Zero issues with that the few weeks I've we had it. The guy did give me a wpc reset fix board. I put it in place, no change. Yesterday I did change out a ton of bulbs to LEDs, that's about it though.
Today I resoldered all three flippers wires. I noticed that the left bottom flipper had a resister that wasn't connected on one end. Also the upper flipper has no resistors at all, should it?
Upon reconnecting the resistor, I didn't see any change in flipper behavior or random resets. I haven't tested the resistors yet either though. I also need to go through your recommendations this weekend too. Appreciate it!

What is the voltage at the MPU board? You can measure right at the capacitor. I've had bad connections on some WPC games and lost half a volt in the connectors. Ended up repinning a couple. Also has the driver board been gone over?

#5978 11 months ago

Totally agree with checking the connectors. On a Judge Dredd with all rebuilt boards it was losing half a volt between the driver and MPU. It was all in the one connector that plugged into the MPU. Can easily identify by measuring at the driver and MPU. Once that was resolved game has been rock solid.

While that little daughter board may help for quick tests and diagnostic it is not a permanent fix. Just shows you that there are other things to fix. Either boards, connectors, or both.

1 week later
#5992 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I installed Pinsound on my machine and it sounds kind of terrible. I’m not sure if I downloaded the correct sound package from Pinside. Any ideas on how best to restore the original sound via Pinsound or is there something better I could do sound package wise?

Some people have the Pinsound in Dr Who working well. I tried it and it was a complete disappointment. Used both factory speakers and a whole new Stereo speaker set. Loaded up all the sound packs. Most the audio call outs were really faint. Some said to go in and edit the sound packs to adjust. I can see doing that for new ones but the sound packs posted on the Pinsound site were supposedly working on other machines and sounded fine as is. It was supposed to be plug and play. I didn't expect to have to edit the files to make them sound decent. Also hadn't heard that was needed as part of a normal installation on any other machines. Is the quality control that bad causing that much variance in the boards that the sounds have to be tweaked for every one? Luckily I was able to sell the Pinsound and ended up using the speakers in another game. I just recapped my original sound board and am happy with that.

If I could go back I would have bought the LED version of the ColorDMD instead.

#5995 10 months ago

Pinsound does indeed sound different than the original 8 bit audio.
Its cleaner and crisper. There is no hiding audio defects behind 8 bit haze.
It IS plug and play, but like buying a stereo set, you adjust it to your liking.
It does take some adjusting of the 6 dials to get it right.
Better speakers and a bigger cabinet speaker helps a lot, but the original audio files suffer from being low resolution anf there is no fixing them.
It took me about an hour to find settings that I liked, I started with the modern mix and then the 12 doctors, and then the 13 doctors.
I like the 13 doctors orchestration the best right now. A lot of work has gone into it, its not perfect, but its pretty good.
The modern mix is also pretty good but might need some adjustments in the pinsound studio to get it perfect for you.
The main reason to get pinsound for me, is to install the shaker.
Adding the shaker to Doctor Who, is really good.
Download some of the fun mixes:
Doctorin the tardis
modern mix
13 doctors etc.
The pinsound studio program, once you get it installed on your PC, lets you adjust either whole groups. or individual sounds, if you want to fix somethng.
It allows you to save adjustments directly to the usb stick.
I didnt find it hard to use, in fact its pretty easy to adjust whole sections or individual sounds.

I'm sorry but other than the actual installation of the board in some cases it is NOT plug and play. If the same setup is used as other machines there should not be the need to go in and tweak sound packs to make them sound like they do on other machines with the exact same setup. I expected the sound packs to be like what I had heard on YouTube and the examples. When buying a Pinsound that is sort of the image they promote and the expectation. I know it has worked out well for many people but for some like myself the board in no simple terms just sucked. I'm not the only one that feels this way and have heard of others with similar experiences. Until that is fixed and downloaded sound packs are consistent then it is a total pass for me. As it stands now it seems like two or more people could buy the same Pinsound baord and speakers yet not get the same experience. At least that was my experience with these boards and for the cost pretty much ruined it for me. Not that big of a deal since Dr Who was the only machine I have that I had considered using one in.

From prior posts I know it worked out well and I had looked forward to using your mix as well. But it wasn't right on my board and would have been something else to tweak that just should have worked.

The point of this post is to highlight that the Pinsound isn't always what it is claimed to be........

3 weeks later
#6020 10 months ago

My Dr Who has been running great for the last 4 years. Only issue in all that time was just a switch for the shooter lane.

Haven't played it for a while and it was acting weird. Noticed the Mini playfield is not moving. Not even trying to move.

Time to dig out the manual. Will open it up later tonight and check it out.

3 months later
#6192 6 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Test those LM339 chips on the 10 opto board.
Plugs J1 and J2 are what you need to focus on , and the related resistors and chips if you have the manual.
Maybe Victor will chime in and give some advice here. I try to point to obvious items versus just blind componenet replacement.
Ken

Check the electrolytic cap on the board. I’ve had to repair boards where they have leaked and etched through a trace on the board,

1 month later
#6319 5 months ago

I think over the holiday break I am going to pull out my board and check to see how the cap looks. Leaking could be an issue on any of these by now.

1 month later
#6406 4 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Correct. It's actually worse than just hiding the problem.

Before getting into the weeds with a TL;DR:
The most common cause of resets is headers/connectors either at any or all of J101, J114 and J210.
And now to the TL;DR.
The above statement from the manufacturer is true but not the whole truth. It omits one important thing. The load has to be satisfied from some source - no matter what the source.
What do I mean by this? Well, if the 5V supply is borderline (fails under heavy peak load), you can mask it by using the regulated 12V supply. The issue is that the load that would be drawn by the 5V supply is now applied to the regulated 12V supply. It might work during the immediate period after you install the device. However, since you shifted the load to the regulated 12V supply, you are now using the regulated 12V supply beyond its (presumed) designed maximum. The regulated 12V will likely fail at some point in the future (since it is now being used beyond design limits). When the regulated 12V supply fails, you will be back at the "reset" scenario.
Only this time, you will have TWO failures that you need to deal with.
Is this board the correct solution for some people? It may be for those that don't care too much about the next person or those that want their machine running immediately (such as an operator). Ultimately, it's your machine so you do what you want. In a pinball buying market that has now disappeared, I would have immediately taken $50 off asking price if I saw one of these installed in a machine. It shows to me that the owner doesn't care for their machine.
For those more technically inclined at power ratings and such, note that P=VI (power equals voltage multiply by current).

The LM323K is rated for 5V @ 3A (15W).
The LM7812 (L7812CV) is rated for 12V @ 1.5A (18W).
The regulated 12V output is set to 0.75A through F115. The fuse is slow blow so the 0.75A current can be exceeded for short period of time.
If the draw on the LM323K is maximum this leaves 3W available for the normal regulated 12V use. This means I=P/V or I=3/12 or 0.25A. This means that what would normally be a maximum of 0.75A for regulated 12V is now 0.25A for regulated 12V.

The bottom line is that if you shift supply from one source to another without correcting the fault, you are paying for the deficiency by over taxing another part of the system. The solution: fix the problem. Don't play footsie with another supply.

Definitely agree on fixing the root cause. Connectors can definitely cause problems. Ran into this on a Judge Dredd that I had just rebuilt the driver board on. Solid 5V on the driver. At the MPU around 4.5V caused by bad connectors. Replaced the power connector for the MPU at the driver and MPU then all was well. No more voltage lost at the connectors

3 weeks later
#6435 3 months ago

I finally had a chance to look at my Doctor Who and why the mini playfield wouldn't raise or lower. Everything looked good but I thought I would check the motor control board. At first glance it looked fine too but i went ahead and pulled the 100uf capacitor anyway since it had never been replaced and haev seen some leak in the past. Leak this one did! Although not visible with the capacitor installed once removed I saw that it etched right through the positive trace causing an open so there was no longer any power to the H-Bridge section. Cleaned up all the corrosion, rebuilt the traces, and installed a new capacitor.

The mini playfield was a bit sluggish before but that was probably due to the resistance in that trace until it opened up completely. Now the movement is much better, smooth and quick again. Also fixed one of the switches in the subway that was hung up on the opening.

Thought everything was good but the plunger for the ball popper under the Tardis broke off so that popper isn't working. Seems like many places are out of stock but I found one in the US and once that arrives should have it running well again. Looking forward to getting some time on the game again.

20240114_134655 (resized).jpg20240114_134655 (resized).jpg
#6438 3 months ago

Plungers can be hard to source.
I had to get the lock plungers from Phil at Pinball Heaven in the UK.

I noticed last night that almost everyone was out of stock and thought I would have to order from the UK. Luckily I found a place in the US that had the whole plunger and also the plastic piece that broke. Ordered one of each. When the arrive will fix my original plunger and keep the new one as a space in case it breaks again.

Only other issue is an opto is out (#2) but will get to that after the rest is fixed. A while back I picked up a new carrier for it and have the parts so I can fix the opto issue. Then it will be back to 100%.

Definitely looking forward to getting some time on the game again!

2 weeks later
#6451 82 days ago

Quick Dr Who question / help. I noticed that the bracket holding the up kicker should have 4 screws securing it to the playfield. Mine only had the two self tapping screws by the edge of the playfield. It is missing the other two screws. Those look like machine screws. Maybe 6/32 or 8/32 threads. Can someone confirm the correct screws for that location and the length of them?

Thank You.

#6453 82 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

8-32 and half inch long. Should be 2 T Nuts on top of PF.
[quoted image]

Thank You! The t-nuts are there. Just the screws were missing. Have the assembly all fixed. Just want to get it secured properly.

Game all fixed and back together! Fixed a couple lamps and playing great. Except for me not being a great player.....

The only issue is one Opto is out. I have a spare set of boards I am redoing for the game and have the swinks carrier to install. Going to do that next time I get a block of time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.