(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#652 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

L1 is da bomb and you'd be crazy to use anything else.
[using 1980s verbiage]
Agree/Disagree?

What's the difference? What makes L1 better?

3 weeks later
#692 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My Dr. Who has this issue. I'm currently touching up the black around the inserts and I'm gonna try one of these Makrolon protector sheets from Bay Area Amusements to cover the touch-ups and protect that area. I'll see how that goes shortly.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-DW-PF-PROTECTOR

They have been out of stock on that one forever. Do you know when it's coming In?

11 months later
#1103 7 years ago

I'm wondering if someone in this club could help me out? I recently disassembled and reassembled my Dr. Who for a restore. When I put it back together it now keeps instantly blowing fuses F106 & F110 and giving me a message on the DMD "check switch mini opto 5 bank 71, check switch mini opto 5 bank 72, check switch mini opto 5 bank 74, check switch mini opto 5 bank 75". Does anyone know what I've done and how I can fix it? Thank you so much for your help.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The opto error messages are referring to the bank of 5 round targets in level 2 of the Time Expander. Off-hand I'm not sure if that correlates to your fuse issues or not.
As for the 5-bank, there are two optical LED sensor boards, each with 5 LEDs. One is the transmitter and the other is the receiver; the switches themselves break the signal between them. It's common for these to fail but often the fix is as simple as reflowing the solder on the LEDs (I've had to do this on mine). Curious that your #73 opto did not flag an error, so hopefully that's a sign that your boards and connections are good and you just need to dial-in the other sensors. Did you have all this apart when you restored your machine? Maybe some of the LEDs flexed and broke some cold (aged) solder joints.
If you didn't have it all apart then, removing the 5-bank for service is not terribly difficult, but it does take several minutes. You don't need to remove the entire time expander but you do need to be careful.

Thank you so much for the response! A quick update. I reflowed the solder to all the wires and optos on the 5 bank opto boards on the mini playfield and I still get the errors. It's actually switches 72, 73, 74, and 75

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
£ 110.00
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuarterGrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=QuarterGrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.