(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#462 9 years ago

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and have been lurking for the last week or so but DW is my first (so far only) pinball and I do love it. I've been a fan since I was wee lad and Tom Baker has always been my fav. I've read through the tread and I had no idea there were so many mods for the old girl and I may have to start saving my pennies. I don't have any experience with fixing modding a pin but I'm willing to give most things a shot. Going to have to replace a weak flipper on it so nothing better than trial by fire right? I do love the different back graphics and would replace mine but I've had two of the doctors sign mine and going to go for another signature this summer.

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

For the weak flipper, you may not have to replace anything. I've had weak flippers resolved by just bending the switch leaf ever so gently to adjust the stroke slightly.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=general#Weak_Flippers_-_What_to_check
Enjoy the new pin!

Thank you and I'll try that before replacing. I've got a rebuild kit on the way and I'm sure it won't hurt to have the extra parts around. I'm finishing the basement this winter and then I'll be shopping for a new pin to throw down there with the DW. From what I've read I think I'll avoid going with a NIB and go for something a little older.

#470 9 years ago

So after starting to take apart the flipper I noticed that the middle wire on the flipper coil stop broke off. Off to radio shack tomorrow to get my first soldering iron and start a crash youtube lesson on soldering. At least I have the spare parts if the flipper really breaks on me now.

1 year later
#882 8 years ago

For those who do not have a machine yet there is kickstarter to bring it to consoles.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-doctor-who

1 month later
#1004 8 years ago

Man that is gorgeous! I've got the same issue with my inserts and I wonder if CPR will ever tackle this one.

7 years later
#6413 3 months ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Tardis? Someone really jacked this one up at some point and I'm not sure it's worth trying to fill and match paint.

17037320032297827950497240368506 (resized).jpg17037320032297827950497240368506 (resized).jpg
#6416 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

2 ways to repair this.
1) see if someone who has upgraded to the USB tardis will sell you their original one.
2) build the desirable USB tardis mod. It looks fantastic!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-tardis-usb-upgrade
ebay.com link: itm

Thank you! This game is currently on the chopping block for me so I'll have to figure out if I have enough time to mod one of those hubs just to sell it. If anybody does have an original sitting around, please PM me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=Dano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.