(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisPINk25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2884 4 years ago

Hi, where can an ulf kit be purchased from? Thanks

6 months later
#4122 4 years ago

A previous owner greased the outhole kicker in my dr who, which resulted in it binding. After cleaning it up and replacing the coil sleeve, it worked like a charm. Spraying some deoxit in troubled switches and activating it repeatedly also can help.

2 months later
#4312 3 years ago

pinballinreno you put two boards in? A GIOCD and a LEDOCD?

2 months later
#4398 3 years ago

Hew Time lords. Has anyone used these optos that are for sale on eBay for 59.95? If yes, work good?

ebay.com link: Doctor Who Pinball Mini Playfield Opto boards A 15431 A 15432

Thanks

#4400 3 years ago
3 months later
#4549 3 years ago

Mine does the same thing sometimes. If I nudge the machine, it usually doesn't happen. I don't have a tilt bob installed right now, so I can nudge all I want.

1 month later
#4626 3 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Pinsound +, inbound from France. Down loaded latest Jan 12, 2021 version to thumb drive.
Can the firmware be on same thumb drive as music down loads?
I found out that I had to register to down load community music. All good.
I now have: original, Doctorin' Tardis, and 13 doctors on thumb drive.
Tried my first upgrade tonight and failed. I added the wobble head Dalek board and wires. The instructions and photo, showed the +12 D.C. Volts and ground to the Dalek board coming from J118 on Power Board positions 2 & 3. The picture showed a new connector to J118 with just the 2 wires going to the Dalek board. Assumption on my part (we know what ASS U ME means), that I just had to unplug the old J118 plug and add new plug and wires to the Dalek board. WRONG!!! Power up and I get error report about Optos, a bunch of them. Good news,the Dalek head flashed and turned like it was supposed to. Turned off Pin. Looked in manual, after the fact, what J118 was connected to. Lesson learned, but nothing fried. The ground black wires goes to both the 4 bulbs on top of back box and to the 10 Opto board J3 under playfield via the grey pipe. The grey/yellow wire +12 v goes directly to feed all 10 Optos on that board J3. Will have to back track and solder Dalek wires to original J118 plug wires. Wish the instructions were clear!

You need a Z connector (I think that is what it is called) that lets you plug in the accessory and the 12v opto plug.

3 weeks later
#4676 3 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Please, I need help from someone who has removed the playfield from the cabinet. I have separated the back box from the cabinet. I labeled all the connectors that went to the boards in the back box. The large grey tube and black tube of wires dropped into the back of cabinet. I see how I have to raise the playfield and lift it out. The MPF is already out, so it will weigh less. LOL. Tell me that they designed the game, so that there are no wires from the cabinet to the playfield. My fear is that when I lift the playfield up, there will be that one wire or bundle of wires that will not allow me to detach. and I will tear something up. I am guessing that the grey tube is playfield wires and that the black tube is cabinet.
On a happier note, my Backbox has new paint and decals. It looks sweet. Hoping all my notes, blue tape with board pin numbers, and manual will help to put it back together, like Humpty dumpty and all the kings horses and kings men.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should be good to go to remove playfield. Wires from playfield only go to the boards in the head.

4 months later
#4876 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It gets pretty packed in the back box, but everything fits well enough.
The LEDOCD red cable is a little short so partially mount the board on the floor of the backbox as shown with the cable connected to get it to fit right.
Its ok if one of the screws to the right are left out.
Plenty of room for the GIOCD on the lower left wall just above the metal bracket as shown in the instructions.
Make sure its away from the back wall enough to get the cables on it and not interfere with the CPU board or the light board..
Mount the pinsound motion control board on the upper right side wall as shown in the instructions, all the way snugged up and rouching the back wall or the light board will hit it.
get the cables routed first so you know where it will fit.

Awesome! When you get a chance, can you post some pictures?

#4903 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Could I bother you to post a 13 doctors mix gameplay video? Even just a minute's worth would do.

I don’t know if there’s video, but you can listen to it on the pinsound website

#4922 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Stupid question:
Am I MISSING something back here. I had a ball fly back into this huge opening and into the bottom of my cabinet again today. Obviously ignore the hole where the time expander goes, but that wood in the back. Why is that such a gaping area? It is idiotic that balls can fly back there and then, therefore, into the bottom of the cabinet. Anyone?
[quoted image]
Edit: taking a closer look, something obviously is supposed to he here. Wtf. How do I repair this?
[quoted image]

The ramp curve goes into that opening.

2 months later
#5059 2 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

ColourDMD installed.
SideBlades installed.
LEDOCD installed.
Mirror Backglass on floor - waiting for some system 11 plastic strips. Thanks pinballinreno
Just needs new glass and I think I’m done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Did you install a LEDOCD for GI and inserts, so 2 LEDOCD boards?

7 months later
#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I've had a slight issue that bothers me intermittently, and figured I'd ask if anyone's gotten that.
Sometimes my time expander goes up when both balls are locked, and it cant find where it needs to be. Doesnt happen often but there are moments when it needs to go up and down. Before it sees it. It is very smooth, it just doesn't see it occasionally.
Because it is infrequent, it makes it a bear to diagnose, but I DO want it to be fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like dirty optos. Maybe you can clean them without removing the entire mechanism.

#5574 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

First of all, thanks so much for your continued assistance.
So in the test it is responsive as heck. Part of me is wondering, could this be a software thing? Sometimes it just seems haunted. Like every 5 starts of multiball it has to sorta think about if it should go or not. I've had it start to go.... pause super briefly, then go. And when it does this, you hear the motor go, stop, and go. I've had dw where you hesr the motor but doesnt move. That's not what's happening here. The game is second guessing if it should turn it on at all. Usually when it does that is when it doesnt initially stop at the white target force field bank. When that happens, it will catch it on the downswing, but overshoot it ever so slightly. It works, but is clunky.
But like I said, the odd thing is how the game basically refuses to go into the "davros force field" mode after you get a few jackpots under your belt. It does it for maybe a second before it rewards me the Davros wave.

Balls all registering good in the trough? Could be a long shot but it can cause crazy issues.

#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That doesnt seem to be it, sadly
The game, sometimes, takes up to two seconds before it decides to make the time expander motor to turn on. I really don't know what this could be. I'm running the L2 rom. I assume that's the newest one? Kinda getting ready to give up. It works, but randomly fails now and then. Like no power is getting to the motor in game (in test it goes right away, every single time).

Don’t give up! I really doubt it is a software issue.

6 months later
#5832 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It was not included on my game.
However my game was in a dumpster fire and thrown in a lake before I restored it....

so, they threw it in a lake because it was on fire in a dumpster?

4 months later
#5929 12 months ago

I listened to a podcast recently with mike vinnecore (sp) and he said no machines should have lightning flippers and that was an add on by operators to make more money. I’m thinking about switching. What do others think?

5 months later
#6276 6 months ago
Quoted from dwangoAC:

I've set Dr. Who up and performed an examination (the puns are flowing through time today). Here's some pictures of how my patient presents, these are all the parts I have.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I appear to be missing almost everything from the mini playfield and I have a long road in front of me rebuilding what's missing.
If anyone has leftovers even in rough shape, please let me know. I'll start looking through listings and investigating what I need to do to post a parts wanted request in the meantime. Thanks for the support on this journey!

I have a DW smooth lifter kit that arrived after I completed my shop job, so am about to list for $400 plus shipping.

SmoothLifterKit (resized).jpgSmoothLifterKit (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 110.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisPINk25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=ChrisPINk25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.